Matt Araiza is Suing Woman who Falsely Accused him

wppete

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

She cancelled his career and without reprecussion nothing will stop another mans life from being ruined by lies

I don't know about you, but I have done way way less (like said something to someone maybe I shouldn't have when I was in high school) and that stuff wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes...I have a feeling she is going to be facing this her whole life as it is.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

so she had an excuse MAYBE to lie. That’s just some large horse pucks there.  The fact is she ruined the reputation and possibly career of someone for her own SELFISH reasons and she could have gotten a person sent to jail for a long time for something they didn’t do!  There is no good excuse for what she did, she should have to face serious penalties for the entire length of time he may have had to serve in jail. 

Did I say anywhere at all that she shouldn't face consequences? Or that they shouldn't be significant?

My post is simply in response to the person who said that the consequences should ruin her forever...

Like Ben Roethlisberger got to stay in the league and plenty of people were talking about him in terms of Xs and Os...it's the blue pill (or red pill or whatever) hypocrisy I'm pushing back against...she should face significant consequences for her actions, but ruined forever, come on that's hyperbolic and goes against the system of justice we have here.

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Good for him.  There should be laws against woman falsely accusing people like that.  It can and has ruined people.  She should be doing jail time IMO.

Only women or did you mean people?

• Like (+1) 1

Deranged individuals leveling false accusations are a dime a dozen.  The people who should be ashamed (and sued to the brink of ruin) include her attorney, who must certainty have known, and high profile media personalities who took the words of a plaintiffs attorney at face value. Without them, there is no mob. 

We should develop a healthy disgust toward those who indulge in vapid moral posturing. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

the market for a 7th round Punter with extreme social baggage is whit hot.

In season?  LOL, no.  Next off-season?  He just needs one team.

And there won't be any baggage after the civil trial.  Assuming it still happens (I'd give it a 10% chance because her lawyer is that dumb).

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

In season?  LOL, no.  Next off-season?  He just needs one team.

And there won't be any baggage after the civil trial.  Assuming it still happens (I'd give it a 10% chance because her lawyer is that dumb).

So not in season?

Depends on what comes out in his deposition

Edited by Mr. WEO

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

Let's be directly clear here.  The Bills cut Araiza because the public lynched him.  I remember saying we should wait for the facts to come out, but was yelled at and told I was supporting a sexual abuser.

People jumped the gun, quite fanatically, judging him loudly and proudly.

This is why the Bills were forced to dump him.

This is true. Journalists and podcasters were announcing loudly that the Bills organization had failed by not cutting Araiza the instant an accusation was made. 

I distinctly remembering reading an opinion piece by Tim Graham stating that in no uncertain terms. 

I tried to find that piece last night, and couldn’t.  Hmm…..

56 minutes ago, Gugny said:

As horrible as our justice system is, I don’t think sending people to prison based on hypotheticals would be an improvement. 

I wasn’t talking jail time.. I’m talking she should have to suffer consequences that last just as long like for example say her salary is garnished 25% for 10 years and given to him.. our jails should be for violent criminals not stupid kids like this.  But her penalty should last as long as his jail time could have is my point. 

5 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

This is true. Journalists and podcasters were announcing loudly that the Bills organization had failed by not cutting Araiza the instant an accusation was made. 

I distinctly remembering reading an opinion piece by Tim Graham stating that in no uncertain terms. 

I tried to find that piece last night, and couldn’t.  Hmm…..

There was also Dan Patrick who was foaming at the mouth a what a vile person MA is for committing such a crime.  I don't remember if he was also harsh on the Bills for not cutting him sooner.  Maybe someone that watched his remarks from his show remembers any comments he made about the timeframe of Bills' decision to cut him.  

That monster falsely accused Araiza hoping to cash in on his pending NFL contract.  Instead, she derailed his life and career.   Araiza can sue her, but it's not likely she's worth more than $1000.  But perhaps he can get a full, complete apology and public exoneration.

She also cost the Bills their punter who would have been a perfect bookend to kicker Tyler Bass.  With apologies to Sam Martin, Araiza would be outstanding and also on a rookie contract.  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

As horrible as our justice system is, I don’t think sending people to prison based on hypotheticals would be an improvement. 

The entire basis of our justice system is that it is better for a guilty party to go free than one innocent go to jail. In that case, equivalent charges for proven malicious false charges or claims would be right in line. 

Now that’s probably impossible to prove.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So not in season?

Depends on what comes out in his deposition

Who knows?  Again an injury could land him a job.

And there's nothing in the deposition that will change what we already know.  As it pertains to him that is.  I have no idea what will happen to the other guys who were on video.

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

Let's be directly clear here.  The Bills cut Araiza because the public lynched him.  I remember saying we should wait for the facts to come out, but was yelled at and told I was supporting a sexual abuser.

People jumped the gun, quite fanatically, judging him loudly and proudly.

This is why the Bills were forced to dump him.

They dumped him because he wasn't honest with them during the vetting process before the draft.  At least 2 teams knew something was coming for this kid.  After they drafted him, he still didn't tell them about this incident---they found out in late July.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who knows?  Again an injury could land him a job.

And there's nothing in the deposition that will change what we already know.  As it pertains to him that is.  I have no idea what will happen to the other guys who were on video.

how do you know what will come bout re: his involvement with that girl in deposition?  He doesn't seem like the brightest graduate of SDSU....

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

how do you know what will come bout re: his involvement with that girl in deposition?  He doesn't seem like the brightest graduate of SDSU....

Because it already would have come out.  If Gilleon is waiting until the civil trial to whip out his evidence, he's even dimmer than you think Araiza is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.