Discuss

36 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Royal in the same sense this talented girl is.  Yes, music videographers (is that a word?) have no idea what they're portraying...

You ain't no hawk.more like a chicken, redtail chicken, that's your name from now on 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I guess he doesn't like that song...to each, their own.  Music is subjective.

He seems like the kind of guy who plays the J6 choir on repeat on his Apple Music subscription.  Weird taste for sure.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

He seems like the kind of guy who plays the J6 choir on repeat on his Apple Music subscription.  Weird taste for sure.  

Ya know I was thinking of changing to Spotify.  I love Neil Young's music.  Harvest Moon gets me every time.  Plus toy trains are cool.

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/neil-young-explains-spotify-beef-howard-stern-1235172086/

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Hmmm... is there a way to cancel you?  Nah, more fun this way.  Play on....

I think I mentioned last week that it's easier to teach a chicken about gravity than it is to educate MAGA.  And now that TSOL guy is imitating a chicken.  I've said it before, and it merits repeating: the jokes write themselves here. 

• Like (+1) 1

JASON SPEAKS FOR ME

by John Hindraker 

You probably know about the controversy surrounding country singer Jason Aldean and his song “Try That In a Small Town.”

Liberals attacked the song for being, among other things, “pro-lynching,” which of course is demented. But they succeeded in getting the song’s video banned by Country Music Television.

Aldean, happily, is unapologetic. On Friday night he performed a concert in Cincinnati and addressed the attacks by liberals. These two short videos (overlap by about a minute and contain, together, his comments. I share his sentiments. 
(videos at the link)

Aldean and his wife Brittany are well known and respected in Nashville, where they live. Candace Owens relates that when she and her husband moved to Nashville three years ago, knowing no one there, the first people who reached out to them and became their friends were the Aldeans. Candace doubts that Jason wants to lynch her.

Is cancel culture on the wane? It would be nice to believe so. But I think that people in academia and big business are still generally as fearful as they have ever been. The situation there is analogous to, say, East Germany in the 1970s. The liberals won’t actually kill you, they will just ruin your life and career. One thing we know for sure, however, is that there is no point in knuckling under to the mob. If they try to cancel you, do what Jason Aldean did: tell them to get stuffed.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/07/jason-speaks-for-me.php

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

JASON SPEAKS FOR ME

by John Hindraker 

You probably know about the controversy surrounding country singer Jason Aldean and his song “Try That In a Small Town.”

Liberals attacked the song for being, among other things, “pro-lynching,” which of course is demented. But they succeeded in getting the song’s video banned by Country Music Television.

Aldean, happily, is unapologetic. On Friday night he performed a concert in Cincinnati and addressed the attacks by liberals. These two short videos (overlap by about a minute and contain, together, his comments. I share his sentiments. 
(videos at the link)

Aldean and his wife Brittany are well known and respected in Nashville, where they live. Candace Owens relates that when she and her husband moved to Nashville three years ago, knowing no one there, the first people who reached out to them and became their friends were the Aldeans. Candace doubts that Jason wants to lynch her.

Is cancel culture on the wane? It would be nice to believe so. But I think that people in academia and big business are still generally as fearful as they have ever been. The situation there is analogous to, say, East Germany in the 1970s. The liberals won’t actually kill you, they will just ruin your life and career. One thing we know for sure, however, is that there is no point in knuckling under to the mob. If they try to cancel you, do what Jason Aldean did: tell them to get stuffed.

You all seem to really like "demented".  Should we do a mini mental status test on the board?  Because I'm pretty sure that's what the "stable genius" was bragging about passing.  Oh and "Dixie Chicks"....btw they were right.  Aldean is not.  Maybe you don't realize that there are more of us than you.  But maybe you do and will keep trying to Jerry rig congressional districts or overturn elections on lies and deceit.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TSOL said:

You ain't no hawk.more like a chicken, redtail chicken, that's your name from now on 

You’re gonna have to come with better than that or just stay out of the conversation

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

JASON SPEAKS FOR ME

by John Hindraker 

(videos at the link)

Candace Owens is the worlds biggest grifter and it’s not close

On 7/23/2023 at 6:42 AM, SectionC3 said:

Lynching is an act of racism.  The song is about vigilante justice and the video is shot at a courthouse where a lynching occurred.  If you can’t understand that, then you must be on drugs.  

Desperately piecing together whatever you can, to control your fake narrative.  Do anything you can to blame others for your failures, to stay offended.  What's next?  Milk is racist?  Whiteboard is racist?  Toilet paper racist?  What a mess!

But this is OK:

Cop Killer:

I got my black shirt on
I got my black gloves on
I got my ski mask on
This *****'s been too long

I got my twelve gauge sawed off
I got my headlights turned off
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off

Cop killer, better you than me
Cop killer, ***** police brutality
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(***** 'em)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even

I got my brain on hype
Tonight'll be your night
I got this long-assed knife
And your neck looks just right

My adrenaline's pumpin'
I got my stereo bumpin'
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'

Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
(***** her)

Die, die, die pig, die
***** the police, ***** the police
***** the police, yeah

I'm a cop killer, ***** police brutality
(***** 'em)

***** the police
***** the police, break it down

***** the police, yeah
***** the police for Darryl Gates
***** the police for Rodney King
***** the police for my dead homies

***** the police for your freedom
***** the police, don't be a *****
***** the police, have some mutha*****in' courage
***** the police, sing along

Cop killer, cop killer, cop killer, cop killer
Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?
Cop killer, good choice, cop killer
I'm a mutha*****in' cop killer

(***** her)

Edited by Irv
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Irv said:

Desperately piecing together whatever you can, to control your fake narrative.  Do anything you can to blame others for your failures, to stay offended.  What's next?  Milk is racist?  Whiteboard is racist?  Toilet paper racist?  What a mess!

But this is OK:

Cop Killer:

I got my black shirt on
I got my black gloves on
I got my ski mask on
This *****'s been too long

I got my twelve gauge sawed off
I got my headlights turned off
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off

(***** 'em)

I got my brain on hype
Tonight'll be your night
I got this long-assed knife
And your neck looks just right

My adrenaline's pumpin'
I got my stereo bumpin'
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'

(***** her)

Die, die, die pig, die
***** the police, yeah

I'm a cop killer, ***** police brutality
(***** 'em)

***** the police
***** the police, break it down

***** the police, yeah
***** the police for Darryl Gates
***** the police for Rodney King
***** the police for my dead homies

***** the police for your freedom
***** the police, don't be a *****
***** the police, have some mutha*****in' courage
***** the police, sing along

Cop killer, cop killer, cop killer, cop killer
Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?
Cop killer, good choice, cop killer
I'm a mutha*****in' cop killer

(***** her)

Hoax.  I’ve never said this song isn’t reprehensible.  The issue, however, is the Aldean song.  Enough MAGA whataboutisms.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Ya know I was thinking of changing to Spotify.  I love Neil Young's music.  Harvest Moon gets me every time.  Plus toy trains are cool.

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/neil-young-explains-spotify-beef-howard-stern-1235172086/

Neil Young is a great artist.  Reminds me of my younger days, but I think he's still beefing with Spotify.   I'm not really sure what his perspective is here...it's like he's kinda sorta upset they didn't choose the guy who's average fan is 77 years old v the guy making them millions.  On the other hand he seems to imply that if they  offered the best sound quality, Spotify fans might well be considering the needle and the damage done to this day. 

Either way, it's great for him that he has enough money not to care.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Neil Young is a great artist.  Reminds me of my younger days, but I think he's still beefing with Spotify.   I'm not really sure what his perspective is here...it's like he's kinda sorta upset they didn't choose the guy who's average fan is 77 years old v the guy making them millions.  On the other hand he seems to imply that if they  offered the best sound quality, Spotify fans might well be considering the needle and the damage done to this day. 

Either way, it's great for him that he has enough money not to care.

When I heard this story, my respect for Mr Young skyrocketed.

https://patient-innovation.com/post/2195

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

When I heard this story, my respect for Mr Young skyrocketed.

https://patient-innovation.com/post/2195

Very nice.  I try not to do too much research into opinions/lives of artists/actors etc.  More often than not, they end up sounding disconnected from the real life most people live, be it because they have more money than they can ever spend, or they have an inflated value of the net worth of their opinion, or they are strange generally.

On this particular article, maybe it paints his position in a different light for me.  I'd assume if was terrified of COVID and was completely closed-minded to Joe Rogan's perspective, perhaps part of his animus was due to the health conditions of his children.    

I still don't understand what the pixilation issue had to do with the COVID crisis, but good for him for trying to improve the lives of his children. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Very nice.  I try not to do too much research into opinions/lives of artists/actors etc.  More often than not, they end up sounding disconnected from the real life most people live, be it because they have more money than they can ever spend, or they have an inflated value of the net worth of their opinion, or they are strange generally.

On this particular article, maybe it paints his position in a different light for me.  I'd assume if was terrified of COVID and was completely closed-minded to Joe Rogan's perspective, perhaps part of his animus was due to the health conditions of his children.    

I still don't understand what the pixilation issue had to do with the COVID crisis, but good for him for trying to improve the lives of his children. 

There's no actual pixelation in audio.  He means compressed files, I think.  He's poking a finger in Spotify's belly and pointing out an inferior product.  I would agree with him that Joe Rogan"s perspective pushed disinformation that had little or no basis.  I'll stick with Amazon.  Great quality audio in its premium form.  Algorithms aren't as good as spotify tho.

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

There's no actual pixelation in audio.  He means compressed files, I think.  He's poking a finger in Spotify's belly and pointing out an inferior product.  I would agree with him that Joe Rogan"s perspective pushed disinformation that had little or no basis.  I'll stick with Amazon.  Great quality audio in its premium form.  Algorithms aren't as good as spotify tho.

He used that term, not me.  The point is he took a stand about misinformation, he claimed, but then seemed to indicate he might have stayed in spite of the misinformation if they had the superior platform.  He may have been trying to finger Spotify as you say, but he sounded sorta confused on what he was protesting.  

Maybe he was really, really upset about the misinformation but could live with it if his music sounded tight and Neil got paid. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I’ve never said this song isn’t reprehensible.  The issue, however, is the Aldean song.  Enough MAGA whataboutisms.  

First, I'm an independent and don't agree with MAGA and all that bull####.  You are being played by the Democrats.   You voted for Biden and got who the F knows as POTUS.  You should be outraged.   Aldean song is you being used by Democrats and you can't even see it.  Divide and conquer.  Same old tired move.  What a mess.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Irv said:

First, I'm an independent and don't agree with MAGA and all that bull####.  You are being played by the Democrats.   You voted for Biden and got who the F knows as POTUS.  You should be outraged.   Aldean song is you being used by Democrats and you can't even see it.  Divide and conquer.  Same old tired move.  What a mess.   

Irv, what it comes down to, is that they are too scared to criticize that awful rap music because they are afraid. Afraid of upsetting another demographic, and being labeled racist, but the white guy, the country singer, he's safe to go after, he's comfortable. 

That rap music is 1000x's worse than this and we all know it, and no one says a word. Because there scared, intimidated. 

But the minute a white guy says something perceived as socially questionable, omg the lynch mobs are out. 

That's why they're chickens because they have a double standard, and let certain groups get away with certain things out of fear. 

Chickens 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:40 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

I have no problem with the video. It is a kind of red America virtue signaling, but there's plenty of blue America virtue signaling to counteract it.

What I have a problem with is the underlying assumption - popular in some circles - that small towns are somehow bastions of community and civic virtue. Have these people actually spent time in America's small towns lately? I see that Jason Aldean grew up in Macon, Georgia (a small city, not a "small town") and that he lives in ... Nashville. Small town America: a great place to visit in country songs, but you wouldn't want to live there ...

https://www.usda.gov/topics/opioids

In five states, California, Connecticut, North Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia, the rate of drug-overdose deaths in rural counties were higher than those in urban counties.

https://news.ohsu.edu/2022/08/15/meth-use-drives-overdose-epidemic-in-rural-u-s-communities

https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/topics/substance-use#:~:text=Rural adolescents and young adults,influence%2C than their urban counterparts.

Though often perceived to be a problem of the inner city, substance use and misuse have long been prevalent in rural areas. Rural adults have higher rates of use for tobacco and methamphetamines, while opioid use has grown in towns of every size. Rural adolescents and young adults use alcohol at higher rates and are more likely to engage in high-risk behaviors, like binge drinking or driving under the influence, than their urban counterparts.

And rapes, robberies and murders are a hell of a lot more prevalent in urban America.

16 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He used that term, not me.  The point is he took a stand about misinformation, he claimed, but then seemed to indicate he might have stayed in spite of the misinformation if they had the superior platform.  He may have been trying to finger Spotify as you say, but he sounded sorta confused on what he was protesting.  

Maybe he was really, really upset about the misinformation but could live with it if his music sounded tight and Neil got paid. 

Methinks you are projecting your values on Neil...

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

you must be older than dirt...sorta like "those long haired, hippie Bohemians..."

I'm just trying to put it into terms that you kids today can understand.

Now get off my lawn 

• Haha (+1) 1