Do you golf?

EmotionallyUnstable

26 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

So how'd you do on the back nine? 😉

3 pars and 2 bogey's. It was the front 9 that screwed me. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

An unexpected duck hook took out the beer cart lady. Charges may be pending. I smell Go Fund Me for bail. 

Bob O Link's beer cart ladies are like 78 with a motorized scooter and a 6 pack in the purse. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Bob O Link's beer cart ladies are like 78 with a motorized scooter and a 6 pack in the purse. 

Do NOT attempt to minimize the importance of these fine ladies! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Played in aState police fundraiser the last 2years. About 100 players. A state senator sponsored the drinks cart the first year. Word is it was about $3000. And they had a pitcher of Bloody Mary at the sign in table. Best ball tournament and one group shot like 8 under.  We didn’t. I played with the father and uncle of an active trooper. When we got in he asked what we shot and we said “even”. He said “you all suck!”  I asked what they shot and he said “even”…

Edited by redtail hawk

12 hours ago, Draconator said:

Well, I am filling in for another band this weekend, so I'm "Studying" new songs for me on bass...

image.thumb.jpeg.913b05f070e85d8a66cc5b241eab4f69.jpeg

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

A state senator's unmarked campaign donations fund paid for  the drinks cart the first year. Word is it was about $3000.

Fixed it for you.  And note there's no need to mention political affiliation. 🤨

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.913b05f070e85d8a66cc5b241eab4f69.jpeg

Fixed it for you.  And note there's no need to mention political affiliation. 🤨

No, very public event and the money went to survivors of 2 police deaths. Everyone in my foursome got a state police license tag saying “champions…2nd division”. I think that was in case we were pulled over on the way home. 

• Like (+1) 1

Chiming in here a little late.  But yes I golf.  In fact just got back from Ireland and England.  Really cool trip...:

I won tickets to The British Open (I refuse to call it The Open.)  So rather than just go to watch we flew to Ireland for 4 days and played three rounds there.  Then jumped over to England and watched the pros for three days and golfed one day in England ourselves.  Great trip.  Not cheap though.  

In general, I am a member of a club and play roughly 1.5 times a week.  I play almost every Saturday and maybe 1 night 9 holes after work.  

About a 12 handicap.  Usually shoot around 85.  In Ireland we got beat up by the courses and weather.  Shot mid 90s.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Chiming in here a little late.  But yes I golf.  In fact just got back from Ireland and England.  Really cool trip...:

I won tickets to The British Open (I refuse to call it The Open.)  So rather than just go to watch we flew to Ireland for 4 days and played three rounds there.  Then jumped over to England and watched the pros for three days and golfed one day in England ourselves.  Great trip.  Not cheap though.  

In general, I am a member of a club and play roughly 1.5 times a week.  I play almost every Saturday and maybe 1 night 9 holes after work.  

About a 12 handicap.  Usually shoot around 85.  In Ireland we got beat up by the courses and weather.  Shot mid 90s.

Great tournament this year but I watched on TV.  Some great stories with Brian Harmon and the kid who is a member of Royal Liverpool coming in the top 10.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:46 PM, redtail hawk said:

I played hyde park in NF growing up.  

Hyde Park was a fun course to play when  my buddies and I just started to play as juniors.  We drank milkshakes

after the round while waiting for one of our mom's to pick us up.  I still have the putter.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LewPort71 said:

Hyde Park was a fun course to play when  my buddies and I just started to play as juniors.  We drank milkshakes

after the round while waiting for one of our mom's to pick us up.  I still have the putter.

I had a junior pass.  My dad would drop me off on his way to work and pick me up after. Lots of other kids to play with and have putting competitions.

• Like (+1) 1

Our son played yesterday before a wedding with a friend of ours, the dad of his best high school friend. Patrick had an offer to go to Univ of Miami on a full golf ride (went military instead). My son is pretty good, but he was never on that level. 

I asked our son how the round went and he said his irons were spot on, but he was a mess off the tees. Everything went right and made life hard. On the 16th tee Pat says “WHOA, freeze right there!” Our son stops, Pat lays a driver in front of his feet, then tells him to back away and look where he’s aiming. RIGHT!

He outdrove everyone the last three holes. We know the ultra competitive Pat too well, but at lunch I asked the question anyway. “Pat, why did you wait until 16 to point that out to him?” We got the answer expected when he says “well, I had to be sure I beat him first!”  😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.