Allen crushes Mahomes in first round of amateur golf tourny

Captain_Quint

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I didnt want to make another thread, but remember when Kyle Williams came in 2nd one year? Does anyone know why he doesn’t play anymore?

Easy answer here - the average viewer wants to see Steph Curry, Justin Timberlake, etc.  No question that Kyle is a gamer and probably the most talented golfer of the ex-footballers.  But we are several years removed from his retirement and his name recognition/celebrity just isn't there at this point.  Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to watch the big man out there schooling everyone in the short game.  He's one of my top 5 all time Bills and still my go to jersey for game day!

For those who are interested, Steph Curry won by overtaking Mardy Fish with an eagle on the 18th.  Josh Allen finished tied for 37th (with Jerome Bettis) out of 93 golfers http://www.scoring.r2it.com/golf/acc/Leaderboard.aspx.

Here are the final finishing positions of other active QBs:

5  Aaron Rodgers

T20 Derek Carr

T37 Josh Allen

62 Patrick Mahomes

79 Baker Mayfield

Others of interest

6 Annika Sorenstam

68 Dan Quayle

70 Ryan Fitzpatrick

Edited by Billy Claude

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.