Cancel all groomers

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

This bill would align the existing laws by removing the additional requirement that, in order to consent to mental health treatment or counseling on an outpatient basis, or to residential shelter services, the minor must present a danger of serious physical or mental harm to themselves or to others, or be the alleged victim of ***** or child abuse.

Removing the requirement. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

this is what I see but admittedly, my eyesight sucks

Existing law, for some purposes, authorizes a minor who is 12 years of age or older to consent to mental health treatment or counseling on an outpatient basis, or to residential shelter services, if the minor is mature enough to participate intelligently in the outpatient services or residential shelter services, as specified, and either the minor would present a danger of serious physical or mental harm to themselves or to others or if the minor is the alleged victim of ***** or child abuse. For other purposes, existing law authorizes a minor who is 12 years of age or older to consent to mental health treatment or counseling services if the minor is mature enough to participate intelligently in the outpatient services or counseling services. 

This bill would align the existing laws by removing the additional requirement that, in order to consent to mental health treatment or counseling on an outpatient basis, or to residential shelter services, the minor must present a danger of serious physical or mental harm to themselves or to others, or be the alleged victim of ***** or child abuse.

And whose to determine if the minor is "intelligent and mature enough"?

The state? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

this is what I see but admittedly, my eyesight sucks

Existing law, for some purposes, authorizes a minor who is 12 years of age or older to consent to mental health treatment or counseling on an outpatient basis, or to residential shelter services, if the minor is mature enough to participate intelligently in the outpatient services or residential shelter services, as specified, and either the minor would present a danger of serious physical or mental harm to themselves or to others or if the minor is the alleged victim of ***** or child abuse. For other purposes, existing law authorizes a minor who is 12 years of age or older to consent to mental health treatment or counseling services if the minor is mature enough to participate intelligently in the outpatient services or counseling services. 

So long winded explanation is you support 12 year olds making medical decisions without parental involvement, correct??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So long winded explanation is you support 12 year olds making medical decisions without parental involvement, correct??

limited to mental health. Yes.  Is there room for bad actors?  Yes, but less than if they try to find nonprofessional help or go without help.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Pls copy and paste that part of the document or cite the chapters and verse.

Is that overreaction?

let’s see a woman does the right thing by calling the police the moment one spark of violence arrives having the guy removed by the police and her kids get taken away. Yes I would say so this is why woman don’t bother calling the police when it happens 

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Oh boy a bunch of ignored Trump memes should help. (Seriously has anyone ever met someone like BT?… im thinking Simpsons comic book guy or paper boy) 

LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST

AB 665, as amended, Wendy Carrillo. Minors: consent to mental health services.

Existing law, for some purposes, authorizes a minor who is 12 years of age or older to consent to mental health treatment 

Ok now what ? 

You’re sick people. Stop transing the kids

You think a 12 year old getting mental health treatment is the same as transitioning?

3 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

let’s see a woman does the right thing by calling the police the moment one spark of violence arrives having the guy removed by the police and her kids get taken away. Yes I would say so this is why woman don’t bother calling the police when it happens 

I assumed the woman beater was a domicile. No?  If he wasn't living there or likely to return then no.  CPOS should not intervene imo.

Edited by redtail hawk

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

limited to mental health. Yes.  Is there room for bad actors?  Yes, but less than if they try to find nonprofessional help or go without help.

So as the new law states a TWELVE YEAR OLD can make their own mental health decisions even when they are not a danger to themselves or others nor are they a victim of abuse. You are good with California telling parents to sit this one out? For preteens?

Just now, redtail hawk said:

There's a list including board certified psychiatrists.  I'd prefer if they were required but I'm sure there's a shortage in California just as in the rest of the country.

We as a society really shouldn't allow the state the legal right to come between parents and their children. That's a bad road to go down, my friend. Especially for something as frivolous as a very young person going through a phase. 

I wanted to be be Davis Lee Roth when I was 12. Should I have hd the right to get plastic surgery to look like David Lee Roth against parents wishes back them?

Might as well jump?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

So as the new law states a TWELVE YEAR OLD can make their own mental health decisions even when they are not a danger to themselves or others nor are they a victim of abuse. You are good with California telling parents to sit this one out? For preteens?

Yes.  Kids aren't likely to seek mental health care unless they're troubled.  Same with adults.  Kids need to be approached even more carefully however.  That's where licensure and credentials matter.  Imperfect but still better.  I'd hope a David Lee Roth phase wouldn't trigger a professional in his evaluation..  I wanted to be an astronaut til I found out you couldn't have a broken bone.  Somebody broke my nose "slap" boxing at school.  My step mother called his mother.  Not good.

Edited by redtail hawk

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes.  Kids aren't likely to seek mental health care unless they're troubled.  Same with adults.  Kids need to be approached even more carefully however.  That's where licensure and credentials matter.  Imperfect but still better.  I'd hope a David Lee Roth phase wouldn't trigger a professional in his evaluation..  I wanted to be an astronaut til I found out you couldn't have a broken bone.  Somebody broke my nose "slap" boxing at school.

California to parents - “we know better than you what is good for your 12 yo”

Redhawk to California parents - “yeah”

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

Twice in the last few minutes you declared you are fine with cutting parents out of the loop.

For 12 year old children. 

So a kid is contemplating suicide cuz someone screwed up his head or he screwed it up himself.  And his parents say, "no, he's perfect".  But the kid goes to a teacher and says I need help...What happens next?

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

So a kid is contemplating suicide cuz someone screwed up his head or he screwed it up himself.  And his parents say, "no, he's perfect".  But the kid goes to a teacher and says I need help...What happens next?

In your world California lawmakers and bureaucrats ride to the rescue and remove the decision making from the hands of the parents. You find that suitable. I don’t. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

In your world California lawmakers and bureaucrats ride to the rescue and remove the decision making from the hands of the parents. You find that suitable. I don’t. 

What happens next in your universe?  I find it suitable that a professional counselor be brought in, preferably a board certified psychiatrist.  I will admit that everyone that I knew that went into Psych was a bit flakey.  Smart but flakey...It's a thankless job.   That and oncology, but you're happy they're there when u need em

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

What exactly is happening in red states today?

Is the government dictating what parents can and cannot do?

Why yes - yes they are.

Why does the cult lack foresight?

fn idiots 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, redtail hawk said:

What happens next in your universe?

Do the parents only say “no, he/she is perfect” as in the picture you paint?

While incredibly sad and tragic, is the number of 12 year olds with suicidal thoughts so great that the caring lawmakers of California need to cut the parents out of the decision making process?

It’s clear that you have struggled with the reading of the new law. It states that any child need not be a danger to themselves or anyone else to bypass the parents. Why are you ignoring that part and instead going with the suicide angle?

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Do the parents only say “no, he/she is perfect” as in the picture you paint?

While incredibly sad and tragic, is the number of 12 year olds with suicidal thoughts so great that the caring lawmakers of California need to cut the parents out of the decision making process?

It’s clear that you have struggled with the reading of the new law. It states that any child need not be a danger to themselves or anyone else to bypass the parents. Why are you ignoring that part and instead going with the suicide angle?

Yes, they cut that out.  Cuz there are threatened kids without the suicide angle.  But there are those kids too

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Don’t you love when these idiots start threads that backfire on them- all the time?

this is not helping billsy

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:
23 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

California to parents - “we know better than you what is good for your 12 yo”

Redhawk to California parents - “yeah”

So say you.  Not me.

Around in circles we go. 

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Emergency services are contacted and it's pretty much a min of a 72 hour hold.  Parents, teachers, neighbor.  Doesn't matter who calls 

State grooming.

State of New Jersey Suing School Districts That Require Parental Notification if a Child is Gender Transitioning

by Mike LaChance

Three school districts in the state of New Jersey require parental notification if a child begins transitioning their gender. As a result, they are being sued by the state. This is outrageous and shows that concerned parents who have been showing up at school board meetings in recent years had every right to be worried about where things are going. Imagine such a monumental thing happening to your child and the school you fund with your tax dollars hiding it from you.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/06/state-new-jersey-suing-school-districts-that-require/

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

72 hour hold Life changing surgery

Not very interesting.

lying again @B-man.  didn't they teach you at St Bonaventure that bearing false witness is a sin?    The law (which by the way, doesn't go into effect til July 2024) does not allow medical or surgical procedures on minors without consent.  dumbass.  What did they teach you at that below avg institution?

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

lying again @B-man.  didn't they teach you at St Bonaventure that bearing false witness is a sin?    The law (which by the way, doesn't go into effect til July 2024) does not allow medical or surgical procedures on minors without consent.  dumbass.  What did they teach you at that below avg institution?

No.

You can spin it for yourself.

Not the board.

The 12 year old can make the decision for life altering surgery WITHOUT the parents consent.

You are hiding behind the point that Psychologists and health technicians have to agree, (any guesses how hard that will be ?)

BUT, they can have the surgery without permission from the parents under this law.

(The desperation of your arguments is transparent. From your petty insults to the superfluous 'starting date" )

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

You can spin it for yourself.

Not the board.

The 12 year old can make the decision for life altering surgery WITHOUT the parents consent.

You are hiding behind the point that Psychologists and health technicians have to agree, (any guesses how hard that will be ?)

BUT, they can have the surgery without permission from the parents under this law.

(The desperation of your arguments is transparent. From your petty insults to the superfluous 'starting date" )

I posted from the actual doc to prove my point.  how bout u do the same Einstein?