Why do you leave Buffalo???

1. Out of town job opportunity

2. Indianapolis metro area (Carmel)

3. Bigger, newer, cheaper, etc. Property taxes half of WNY

4. Possibly, I really do miss the area. However I am skeptical that the area will improve enough for this to happen

5. Too many government entitlement programs sucking the economic life out of the people and companies who live there (via high taxes). Too many layers of government that do nothing but bicker and serve their own interests vs. the people (why is there still a need for a common council or county exec position?).

1) Why did you move out of Buffalo?

I left Rochester in July 1976 to join the US Chair Force (not a JARHEAD) and spent the next 18 years freezing my ass off all over the northern plains in Minuteman Missile Maintenance.

2) Where did you go?

I lived in North & South Dakota, Montana and four horrible years in Lompoc, CA (rainy, cold and foggy). I chose to retire in Minnesota, because of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness is only 5 hours away.

3) How does your new home compare to Buffalo?

The economy in Minnesota is stable and booming. The housing market is way overvalued and the taxes stink like New York (too many democrats and they love to tax)

4) If the economy and job market were stable would you move back?

I have family back there, and we don't get along. I'll stay out west, and we are thinking of maybe moving a tad bit south. Darn tired of the really cold winters.

5) What suggestions to you have to improve the quality of life here?

Kill all the lawyers and the politicians, and start over. Maybe annex NYC and make it another state. Then when you flush your toilet in Buffalo, you won't mind it running south like your taxes do.

All I can say in response to all you folks who left WNY is "that's fine...more room for me."

You guys are why I live in the suburbs and yet have a ten-minute commute to work downtown. :D

Pursuing better jobs

2) Where did you go?

Dallas TX

Now in Albany NY

Dallas - more home for the money, cheaper cost of living and better weather

Albany - Obsene housing prices - better gepgraphy and weather than Blo

4) If the econonmy and job market were stable would you move back?

If I had the same job I do now...yes.

It's all the economy there - attract and keep businesses there.

The local government is way to self serving and corrupt.

Organized labor is starting the have a negative impact on the area's

ability to attract and maintain businesses

1976 - for school and adventure.

2) Where did you go?

Washington DC, Los Angeles, Boulder CO, Seattle, Boulder CO, Houston, Boulder CO. See a pattern there?

Always more work at better pay.

Maybe.

5) What suggestions do you have to improve the quality of life here?

Lynch all the polititions past and present, and lower the sales and property taxes bigtime.

You guys are why I live in the suburbs and yet have a ten-minute commute to work downtown.  :P

348786[/snapback]

Does feeding the pigeons in the park REALLY constitute work...? :D

Why did you move out of Buffalo?

The pollution is terrible (I grew up in Love Canal, and went to elementary school down the street from CECOS; if the wind was going in the right direction, you could smell the chemicals from the factories and had to shut the windows. :(

The college scene didn't do it for me. I went to Fredonia for a year, hated it, and wanted to get out to a real school (their IT "department" was terrible and they lied to me to get me to go there. :lol: )

Also, the economy sucks. I knew there weren't any good IT jobs there even if I did graduate with my CS degree.

Where did you go?

Minneapolis, MN.

How does your new home compare to Buffalo?

It's awesome. It's a booming area, lots of jobs, there's still four seasons, lots of culture, etc, etc. Love it here.

If the econonmy and job market were stable would you move back?

Probably not. Even if the economy was good, the polution would still suck, as would the taxation.

What suggestions to you have to improve the quality of life here?

Blow it up and start over?

Here's a great (long) article about my hometown. :(

http://www.iaw.com/~falls/environment.html

CW

Educated myself right out of Buffalo, thanks to UB.

2) Where did you go? 

Boston/Worcester, MA

I own a 1400 sqft 3BR 1BTH ranch built in 1960 on two acres.  It's worth ~$360k.  I pay about $3k in property taxes.

I tried to move to Rochester last year and looked at a couple of houses priced less than $230k.  Most were older farmhouses with 5-20 acres. The taxes were as much as $10k.

And people think MA taxes are high.

It has to be more than just a stable economy.  It has to be business friendly, especially to skilled labor. 

Engineering, software, and financial services are what drive the economy in Boston.  Manufacturing is being phased out here just like it is in the rest of the Northeast, (Polaroid is dead, Raytheon does most manufacturing in the south, Gillette is not exactly booming, and the list goes on...).  These professions won't necessarily require as much environmental oversight either.  Build partnerships with companies, rather than treat them as criminals raping the land.  They are not your enemy.  Give tax breaks based on number of employees.  Do the same for infrastructure upgrades to their facilities. 

348278[/snapback]

Same as just about everyone else... my job.

2) Where did you go?

Wait for it... wait for it... SYRACUSE. I just wasn't getting enough snow in Buffalo. Two years later I moved to South Florida for a.... better job! I've been here for 6+ years.

Lots of stuff to do. Some things are more expensive, but I make more $ and there is no state income tax. Sales tax is 6%. The weather is better most of the time, but I have to deal with hurricanes which are way worse than blizzards. WNY summers are the best.

Maybe. There's nothing keeping me here. It would have to be a pretty sweet deal though.

The quality of life is actually pretty decent in WNY. If the government can get their collective foot off of the neck of working people, things would be very nice. If WNYers had the ability to save a bit and spend a bit more, the place would be perfect. Of course, that goes back to better jobs. There's nothing I can suggest that hasn't already been said.

1) Why did you move out of Buffalo? Moved in 00 for a job

2) Where did you go? New York City

3) How does your new home compare to Buffalo? Much less home for much more money.

4) If the econonmy and job market were stable would you move back? In a NY minute, I miss the regional flavor of Buffalo, the familiar customs, freindly people, cheaper cost of living etc.

5) What suggestions to you have to improve the quality of life here? Better gov't, lower taxes.

2) Where did you go? 

348278[/snapback]

1) Better career opportunities.

2) San Antonio, TX

3) Better home, more upscale neighborhood, same price

4) No, I like the weather here. You don't have to pucker your a$$ all the time.

5) Regionalize the local gov't, throw out them bums! and de-unionize.

1. I moved away with my parents back in 1996.

2. Northern Suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia.

3. The house is nicer, there's more money. Buffalo is still "home."

4. Personally? Yes. My wife is from here, though, so without a damn good reason, that just isn't going to happen.

5. People need to get over that defeatist attitude they have.

Here's my take. I think that's a great area of the country. There's a small-town feel you won't get in many other places. Cities that experience economic booms also experience sprawl. No matter where you go, you'll just not find any place the same.

If I didn't have to worry about the financial side of it, I'd go back. At the very least, I'd pick up a big chunk of land and a hunting cabin just into .30-06 territory.

That's home. It is for me and it is for you. You'll always remember it that way. Atlanta is where I'm at because of economic reasons, but home is 1,000 miles north of here.

Lastly, if I hadn't moved with my parents (I was old enough to where I could have stayed, but opted for the change), I probably wouldn't ever leave. I'm the kind of person who will tough it out. Mistake or not, that's what I would have done.

-Jeff

2) Where did you go? 

348278[/snapback]

1) My Dad worked at BethSteel in Lackawanna. He had two choices: unempployment or transfer to Bethlehem, PA. This was in 1980.

2) Lehigh Valley, PA. I've lived here, Lawton OK, Hinesville, GA, and St.Michaels' MD for different periods of my adult life.

3) We bought an 1800 SF house for 135,000 6 years ago. The taxes were a bit high, but otherwise it was probably as cheap as WNY.

4) Yes, in an instant.

5) Five steps to WNY economic recovery:

1. Cut taxes

2. Recall all elected officials

3. Cut Taxes

4. Promote business development and tourism via use of economic opportunity zones

5. CUT TAXES.

Obviously, everyone knows Buffalo has some very serious economic and structural problems.  To give a little background on myself, I'm a 2003 University of Rochester grad with a BA in Political Science.  I have thought about maybe getting involved in government one day and would love to help out in Buffalo.  So for those who have moved away or those thinking about it, I have a few questions that maybe you could help me with.

2) Where did you go? 

Any feedback you have would be awesome and maybe together we can save the city, haha.  :lol:  Thanks.

348278[/snapback]

1) I was sick of my crappy job, the crappy weather and crappy economy.

2) Moved to Florida, Orlando to be precise.

3) Much, much larger house with 1/4 the taxes.

4) I don't think I would ever move back, it's a nice place to visit over a weekend for a football game but otherwise, there is nothing there, not even family, that I would move back for.

5) Somehow lower taxes and structure the tax dollars to be spent wisely and re-investing into the area instead of just pissing the money away. The whole area needs an economic and structural boost and the quickest way to do that is to get all new politicians to fix things. The current ones are doing nothing but wasting hard earned tax dollars.

2) Where did you go? 

Any feedback you have would be awesome and maybe together we can save the city, haha.  :doh:  Thanks.

348278[/snapback]

1) It sucks.

1a) It's cold.

1b) It's snowy.

1c) High taxes.

1d) Crony joke government.

1e) No economic opportunity.

2) Virginia.

3) It's worth more than the block I lived on in Buffalo.

4) No, although that it strictly a fantasy-world question anyway.

5) Replace the local city and county governments by violent revolution, get some hi-tech industry in through tax incentive, and get ahold of Stewie Griffin's weather control device.

Where did you go?

Minneapolis, MN.

How does your new home compare to Buffalo?

It's awesome.  It's a booming area, lots of jobs, there's still four seasons, lots of culture, etc, etc.  Love it here.

My wife and I will be graduating from college in the next year, and we are planning on moving from Texas. We have not picked a certain city to focus our house/job search efforts. Honestly, we are open to just about anywhere except Buffalo after reading this thread. :doh::) My family was originally from the Buffalo area, and we had to move because of the high taxes and low employment. I would move to Buffalo IF the taxes and economy were in a better condition.

I wouldnt mind researching MN, but I'm unfamiliar with the area. Can you tell me a few cities or towns close to Minneapolis that are growing and contain fairly new single-family developments? I did a search on Realtor.com for Minneapolis, and the results were a little discouraging.

1. Not enough (ie. zero) entry level jobs in my field

2. Boston

3. EXPENSIVE! With the same salary back home, I'd be very comfortable. Here, I end up making maybe $200 a month after all the bills.

4. That's my goal. Whether the market improves or not, I should have a place once I have 2-3 years of experience.

5. Nothing really comes to mind right away, so I'll say this: Once I move back, quality of life has to improve. :doh:

My wife and I will be graduating from college in the next year, and we are planning on moving from Texas.  We have not picked a certain city to focus our house/job search efforts.  Honestly, we are open to just about anywhere except Buffalo after reading this thread.  :doh:    :)  My family was originally from the Buffalo area, and we had to move because of the high taxes and low employment.  I would move to Buffalo IF the taxes and economy were in a better condition.

I wouldnt mind researching MN, but I'm unfamiliar with the area.  Can you tell me a few cities or towns close to Minneapolis that are growing and contain fairly new  single-family developments?  I did a search on Realtor.com for Minneapolis, and the results were a little discouraging.

349793[/snapback]

The Twin Cities are divided into two - the east metro (St. Paul and suburbs) and the west metro (Minneapolis and suburbs).

Hudson, WI (which is right across the river and is part of the east metro) is very hot right now. That's where we live, and we had our home built three years ago. Sales tax and income tax are lower in WI, but property tax is higher (we paid ~$3,000 on a $200,000 home). There's some other cities around here as well, such as River Falls, Baldwin, etc, which are slightly further out but are really growing. We're literally a mile from Minnesota.

Other excellent east metro suburbs are Oakdale, Woodbury, and Stillwater.

On the west side, there's a lot more growth as a lot of that has been undevelopeed until now. Rodgers is the big one right now. Eden Praire and Edina are the affluent suburbs.

There's also some north/south, such as Farmington, etc.

If you like older stuff or living in the heart of the city, Uptown is a great neighborhood (we lived in an apartment there for several years, three blocks from Lake Calhoun; awesome area).

Most importantly, there's a large Bills Backers group here, led by TonyP (he posts here occasionally). Here's the website: http://mspbillsbackers.home.att.net/

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

CW

In 1977 I graduated with a BSEE. I sent out 100 resumes. Hughes Aircraft called me so I moved out of my bedroom in my parents house.

2) Where did you go?

I moved to LA for 2 years. Then 2 years on flight test at EAFB in the desert. From there I lived 6 years behind the wall in West Berlin. 2 years in Honolulu. 7 years in Northern VA and the last 7 years here in Tallahassee.

The Tallahassee locals are really nice folks like Buffalo. We're so far south here they don't even have an accent.

No. I'm a big kitty now and I don't like dealing with the snow and ice. We get 3 real seasons here and that's fine with me.

I dunno.

Obviously, everyone knows Buffalo has some very serious economic and structural problems.  To give a little background on myself, I'm a 2003 University of Rochester grad with a BA in Political Science.  I have thought about maybe getting involved in government one day and would love to help out in Buffalo.  So for those who have moved away or those thinking about it, I have a few questions that maybe you could help me with.

2) Where did you go? 

Any feedback you have would be awesome and maybe together we can save the city, haha.  :doh:  Thanks.

348278[/snapback]

It IS amusing hearing people talk about CHEAPER housing than in Buffalo. As a Californian you can get a nice little starter home for 400K.-And thats in the cheaper areas--not SF

Why did you move out of Buffalo? When my husband and I sold our tavern in Kenmore, we decided to really start fresh somewhere else.

Where did you go? We came to the west central coast of Florida. We had vacationed here and liked the area. There were less people in the whole county than in just the City of Buffalo when we moved here, though its growing.

How does it compare to Buffalo? People here are nice. If you pass someone when out walking, they say hello. Housing costs were reasonable when we first moved here, though they now say the median price for housing is $305,000. Property taxes are still lower. We're still paying about $300 less than we did for a comparable house up there in 1987.

If the economy and job market were still stable, would you move back? I still have family there and have been asked this. No, I wouldn't. My husband and I both lucked out and got jobs with the county government here. Pay scale to start wasn't the greatest, but this area is growing in leaps and bounds and we've both been able to advance, have good benefits including pension. While I do miss a true spring and fall (and my family), I do not miss the cold and the snow of winter.

What suggestions do you have to improve quality of life here? The big thing is to lower taxes, just not for the citizens but to entice companies to locate there. (Maybe get New York City to become it own state or district like Washington. That sure would help the rest of the state.) I agree with the one poster that they should regionalize. They have too many duplicate services. A prime example is if you live in Kenmore, you pay to have a mayor, public works department, police force, tax collector, etc., but you also have to pay the Town of Tonawanda for their town supervisor, public works department, police force, tax collector, etc. and then pay the county on top of that.

2) Where did you go? 

348278[/snapback]

1) I was basically sick of all the politics and the weather and the economy, for a 27 year old there really isn't much opportunity unless you can start a business or work for a family business that you enjoy.

2) Arizona

3) The weather is phenominal, the economy is great and people have a good attitude. There is so much opportunity out here because the area is just growing and growing.

4) I wouldn't move back. Even if there was a great economy, I still don't like the lifestyle in WNY. Other than going to Bills games, I have no reason to stay there.

5) #1, there has to be some sort of changing of the guard in the leadership of the area. All the legislatures and mayors and county execs etc. are really just too ol school and when someone does have a new idea i.e, casino, anything waterfront, merging city and county, it goes nowhere because the old timers don't want to lose their spot.

#2, this goes with #1, the old guartd stepping down would translate into making better jobs come in, which means more young people come in, which means more house are bought. hopefully all that can translate into lower taxes, which is the main problem

#3, the state needs to do their part to help WNY, and all of upstate for that matter. NYC should be governed differently than upstate, cos its a different world. of course its the economic center of the galaxy, but you would think that somehow that could translate into helping upstate out more.

anyway, i hope WNY turns it around, but really its going to go downhill then the Bills are going to leave, which breaks my heart because thats about all that area has left!

2) Where did you go? 

Any feedback you have would be awesome and maybe together we can save the city, haha.  :D  Thanks.

348278[/snapback]

I also graduated with a BA in political science/history, 1990 SUNY at Buffalo (UB).

1. I worked for the Corps (Engineers) Buffalo District and I was going to be RIF'ed. I took the proactive approach and accepted a job with Rock Island District working out of the Arsenal (now garrison). My soon to be wife was attending the University of Illinois working on her master's. After a short time I transferred to a field site in Chicago, still here. My wife went back for her master's (after the MA in English) in Library and Information Science... She is now the director of a public Library close to home. Believe it or not, my wage scale (federal wage grade) is set to the Quad Cites area which is more than the Chicago area! <_< I think places like Deere (Moline) pull it up?

2. First, Quad Cities (Davenport). Now, far south suburbs, Chicagoland. Still don't get the Cubs-Sox thing? Both Chicago... I root for both yet, would have to be pro-Sox if the unthinkable would happen (EL series)... eff the north side and all the congestion! Hate the Bears... I wonder why? ;) Don't mind the 'Hawks and Bulls.

3. I view the area is the same in some regards, different in others... Very blue collar, mix "hillbilly"... Very diverse though, very easy to get around down here. Housing price very reasonable, would go for tons more in the southwest, west, north suburbs (my house was built in '95 for 150k... Would be well into the 200's in the aformentioned parts?) Taxes are about the same as New York. I pay more being just across the county border in the republican collar county, Will... If I could move my house 2 miles north into Cook and I would easily save about 2k off my 5k bill. I am pretty sure Cook is the only county in Illinois that levies taxes different between residential and commercial? Still pretty effed up, I also believe that Illinois has the most tax districts in the country?

... Stayin' on track.

4. It isn't about the economy, if I found work I liked and enjoyed... Yes. My wife also. Northeast IL, northwest Indiana is where we "landed"... After all, I do consider it exile? :D

5. Tough question! I will add humor... Quality of life? :huh::D Look at all the fat-arses around... Seems people are eating well?

Buffalo, IMO, is a victim of its own geographical demise... It has become to far off the beaten path. It reminds me of the situation that Park Forest, IL (first planned community in the US) is in here. The thing is to not forget its past yet, let go of the monolithic side of that past? How is that done? A lot of services and institutions that are enjoyed have to fall by the way-side? Obviously, it is easier in a suburb of under 30k. Quite a quandry?

Just after high school I realized my parents were going to be of no help in getting me started, so I joined the military.

2) Where did you go?

Met a girl and moved to San Diego. Stayed after we split because the colleges were better for my degree (Phys. Ed/teaching)

Obviously weather is better, but the social climate is much poorer. A telling comment someone made to me shortly after I arrived here is that most people here rarely get to know the neighbors on BOTH sides of you. I've found that to be mostly true. I though after I had kids that I'd start making friends close to my house, but for the most part my friends live at least a 15 minute drive away. Community pride is MUCH stronger in Buffalo than here.

Traffic is an absolute joke. I hate it. I don't read about the politics in Buffalo much, but is the city's credit rating worse than junk bonds? Since my mother-in-law lives here, I don't see myself going anywhere as long as she's breathing. That's not to say I want that to stop, but that's what it will take to get me out of here.

On the positive side, the climate and accessibility to outdoor recreation is awesome. Also the women... ahhhhh!

I doubt it. Aside from not really having much family there, I would prefer a location more like Colorado or Washington.

5) What suggestions to you have to improve the quality of life here? Become a part of Pennsylvania and stop giving all of your tax revenues to NYC.

All I can say in response to all you folks who left WNY is "that's fine...more room for me."

You guys are why I live in the suburbs and yet have a ten-minute commute to work downtown.  :D

348786[/snapback]

Hey more room for you to pay all the high taxes and suck in the bad weather. I live in the Phoenix metro area, and while some suckers sit in traffic for an hour on their way to work, I have a ten minute drive from scottsdale to tempe on the surface streets. Best part, NO SNOW PLOWS, SNOW SHOVELS, SNOW BRUSHES OR SNOW COVERED SIDEWALKS!!

Hey more room for you to pay all the high taxes and suck in the bad weather. I live in the Phoenix metro area, and while some suckers sit in traffic for an hour on their way to work, I have a ten minute drive from scottsdale to tempe on the surface streets.  Best part, NO SNOW PLOWS, SNOW SHOVELS, SNOW BRUSHES OR SNOW COVERED SIDEWALKS!!

350232[/snapback]

My commute is to shuffle down the hall into my home office. If the pantry door is left open it does cause a traffic jam. Quick commute time though.

2) Where did you go? 

348278[/snapback]

1. I moved out of WNY because I couldn't land a teaching job. I had several interviews and process never seemed fair.

I interviewed with seven districts in NC nad received three offers. All i wanted was a chance to teach, and NC gave me that chance.

2. I ended up moving to SE NC about an hour from Wilmington, a place called Lumberton. I now live in Fayetteville.

3. NC never quite fells like home but I met my wife down here, have a new family started, so I have adjusted well. I feel there is less politics down here but far too many of the people are two faced. They claim to be all religious and rightous but they lie and cheat and talk about you behind your back. NY is a bit more straight forward.

4. My wife and I, she's from Attica but we met in Lumberton, both would like to move back the question is for what? The area is dead economically and politically its a nightmare. Where is the leadership! Once elected the best intended fool just becomes another cog in the wheel. No one makes any decisions, ie the Peace Bridge, and nothing ever changes.

5. Changes I would make. For starters, save a ton of money by starting to combine shcool districts. Create 4 or 5 major School districts in Erie County and have the other countries create 1 or 2. That alone would lower propery taxes because millions would be saved. WNY has way too many repetitive services.

Why does small Niagara County need 10 school disticts? The county's population is only 212,000! Down here I live in a county with 309,000 and we have one county school distict. It has 10 High Schools, 15 Middle Schools, and countless Elementary but we have one Superintendant, not 10!

Erie County would be more difficult to combine with places like Clarence, Amherst, Williamsville and Orchard Park not wanting to share the pieces of the pie. That's why you may need to create several. A norther district for Tonawanda, Kenmore, etc. A southern distict for all places south of Orhard Park, a Central distict for Buffalo and some surrounding places and a eastern district for the more rural places like East Aurora, Clarence, Alden, Lancaster, etc.

Hey anything is better than continuing to do nothing!

That's my starting point.

They did it down here in NC in 1989. My friends say it was mess but within 3 years the problems starting straightening themselves out and now everything is fine.

Erie County would be more difficult to combine with places like Clarence, Amherst, Williamsville and Orchard Park not wanting to share the pieces of the pie.  That's why you may need to create several.  A norther district for Tonawanda, Kenmore, etc.  A southern distict for all places south of Orhard Park, a Central distict for Buffalo and some surrounding places and a eastern district for the more rural places like East Aurora, Clarence, Alden, Lancaster, etc.

350355[/snapback]

Actually there is an agency in the state government (once called E&A and may still be called ORPS) that already redistributes that pie...

I do not understand regionalization. To me, it makes it easier to hide pork. I'd rather see the schools broken up and let the parents take a more active role in their children's education. And before you tell me people are too busy, can you tell me something more important than the education of your kid?

2) Where did you go? 

Any feedback you have would be awesome and maybe together we can save the city, haha.  :D  Thanks.

348278[/snapback]

I'll be escaping Buffalo in 11 days, 8hrs and 40 somthing minutes - but who's counting.

1) Why? Turn on the news, open the paper. It's all perfectly laid out for ya. Clowns to the left of me (local government), jokers to the right (state government), here I am stuck in the middle with you. Oh yeah, have been down sized out of a job 2x in past three years.

2) Moving to Cary, NC (suburb of Raleigh)

3) Over all will cost the same or slightly more. (higher cost of house, less taxes)

4) I think there will be some improvement, some day. I just can't afford to wait for it. By the time that happens, I'll be ready to retire - then move down south anyway.

5) Dismantle the buracracy (sp) in New York. To try and do anything else before that would be like pissing into the fan.

Moved in 1997 because the job market sucked.

positives:

There are no income taxes in Washington,

property taxes are 50% less then what they were back in Hamburg and my property is twice as large in Wash

the pay is much better when I'm employed.

Geographically it is significantly nicer out here with Mountains, rivers, and the Ocean all close by.

Superior skiing.

negatives:

all my family and most of my life long friends live in WNY

I'd move back under the right circumstances, but those circumastances probably won't materialize.

Military - Quantico, Va.

2) Where did you go?

Northern Virginia

Overpriced and overvalued. Family house in North Buffalo is far superior but the housing market in VA has made me alot of money...so I really can't complain.

In another year or two I plan on making Buffalo my home base again. I'm frequently overseas and have no real limitations on where home in the states could be, might as wll be the city that I love and grew up in.

5) What suggestions do you have to improve the quality of life here?

Buffalo is a microcosm of the US as a whole, previously decent manufacturing jobs exported so working families are taking 2-3 service industry jobs to make ends meet. Law of diminishing returns. Somehow private sector technology based industries need to be courted or the other growth industry is Defense Contracting. Oh yeah, either a Stanley Cup or Superbowl may help a tad! :lol:

2) Where did you go? 

Any feedback you have would be awesome and maybe together we can save the city, haha.  :lol:  Thanks.

348278[/snapback]

1.) Promotion with much more pay.///weather

2.) Charlotte NC

3.) I miss the people and some of the local flavor of Buffalo. But dealind with only a 2 week winter was much better. I have been Golfins year round since I got here.

4.) NO

5.) Buffalo needs to lose the common council and start making changes without needing the approval of losers who do not care.