Buffalo Bills Depth Chart Per ESPN

PrimeTime101

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ve heard of County Mayo and Cork (my ancestors are from there), but County McGovern?  😇😜🦬🏋️♂️😂

Floyd is a DE.  ESPN is a bunch of ars clowns these days.

I stopped looking at their college basketball/recruiting content years ago. That stuff looked like a middle school project by kids who regularly attended summer school to keep up. It should have been embarrassing to every ESPN employee. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because Beane likes him and he's a great returner. This isn't the first time coach and GM have been on a different page. Did you not listen to Beane's presser on the topic?

The reference to not liking him is giving him virtually no offensive opportunities when he played a critical offensive role for Indy and has been very good at that role thus far in his career. His stint as a Bill has been the worst stretch of his career production wise and it all comes down to extremely limited usage and poor plays when they do use him.

I just don't see Beane spending that much money/cap space on a pure returner. For what they are paying him they probably see Hines on offense as being a gadget player and a returner. I get what you are saying that Beane may love him and McD may be sour. But the role that could easily be crafted for Hines is not that demanding (gadget player and platooning as a third-down back) and is something that any OC would easily be able and want to do. Hines in Indy was never really anything more than a gadget third-down back type player anyway. I also think that given how the other two RB's they added behind Cook are pure power backs with little receiving upside/ability it makes Hines's role as a backfield receiver more important as he is the only receiving RB they have behind Cook. 

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I just don't see Beane spending that much money/cap space on a pure returner. For what they are paying him they probably see Hines on offense as being a gadget player and a returner. I get what you are saying that Beane may love him and McD may be sour. But the role that could easily be crafted for Hines is not that demanding (gadget player and platooning as a third-down back) and is something that any OC would easily be able and want to do. Hines in Indy was never really anything more than a gadget third-down back type player anyway. I also think that given how the other two RB's they added behind Cook are pure power backs with little receiving upside/ability it makes Hines's role as a backfield receiver more important as he is the only receiving RB they have behind Cook. 

That's pretty disingenuous to the role he had there. He filled a role that many change of pace backs do as a gadget player, receiver, returner, and outside rusher. In 2020 he had 1200 combined yards and 8 tds. In 2021 he had 825/3.

In 2022 he destroyed his career best as a returner with over 700 yards and 2 tds, but had -3 yards rushing as a bill (career low) and 53 yards receiving (career low). He's one of the fastest players int he league and we waste him on special teams.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

McD & Dorsey don't like Hines. If his career low usage last year wasn't a clue, not sure what is. He'll play out this year and then move on.

Bates was probably our best lineman last year and he's on a cheap deal. I don't see it likely that a rookie takes his spot unless they plan to trade him.

Not sure why it's interesting that Kincaid is slotted at TE2. Is that not his role?

Klein at MLB is also not a surprise at this time. He's played the role and is the veteran int he room. Maybe he doesn't even make the team, but until someone takes the job, it's his to lose.

Elam at #2 should also be a no-brainer.

I disagree about Hines. I want to see what they can do with a full off-season and playbook designed around him. I think he’ll get much more touches this year and a lot more snaps putting both him and Cook on the field at the same time. I mean what was the point in trading for him? 

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

I stopped looking at their college basketball/recruiting content years ago. That stuff looked like a middle school project by kids who regularly attended summer school to keep up. It should have been embarrassing to every ESPN employee. 

Yeah, if I have to watch an NFL show which I honestly don’t have the time so listen more on various radio stations, I’d watch Good Morning Football or NFLN overall.  I still love NFL Matchup which is one of the only things ESPN does well outside of the Madden cast.

They and several other outlets are just littered with hot take have no original thought speculation.  

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's pretty disingenuous to the role he had there. He filled a role that many change of pace backs do as a gadget player, receiver, returner, and outside rusher. In 2020 he had 1200 combined yards and 8 tds. In 2021 he had 825/3.

In 2022 he destroyed his career best as a returner with over 700 yards and 2 tds, but had -3 yards rushing as a bill (career low) and 53 yards receiving (career low). He's one of the fastest players int he league and we waste him on special teams.

Fair points, my issue with your characterization is that the Bills didn't build their roster like there wasn't a role for Hines to be a component on the offense. Cook is a decent receiver but not great and Murray/Harris aren't good receivers. Hines should easily be a third-down gadget player with the roster as currently constructed. It isn't like they have another pass-catching back to take those snaps. 

Did the Bills fail to integrate Hines into the offense in 2022? Yes, but that doesn't mean the coaching staff doesn't like him. They have no one else to fill his role and could have cut him and moved on. There has to be some even begrudging interest in having him as a backfield pass catcher. 

19 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

They have Poona Ford as the #3 3-tech, but I have heard he is a 1-tech. 
We need a good 1-tech and I assumed it was Poona….

I think he should be the #2 1-tech.

little help?

I also think we play a ton of four wide like we use to all the time….

But now it’ll be: Diggs, Davis, Shakir and Kincaid (Yes, he’s a WR).

Poona Ford is the 1B 1-tech for the Buffalo Bills and everyone should be ecstatic about this….

https://billswire.usatoday.com/lists/things-know-buffalo-bills-poona-ford-seahawks/

19 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I disagree about Hines. I want to see what they can do with a full off-season and playbook designed around him. I think he’ll get much more touches this year and a lot more snaps putting both him and Cook on the field at the same time. I mean what was the point in trading for him? 

The point of trading for him (from McD's perspective) is that they acquired the best returner in the league for a 5th round pick. Now, we all know (as does Beane) that he's much more than that, but despite having a bare cupboard last year when it came to receiving options, McD/Dorsey refused to integrate him on offense. Now they have a RB room overflowing with mediocre talent. if Murray makes the roster and is active on game days (which I think is unlikely) Hines might be lucky to see 20 touches on the year.

There's no room for him on offense anymore (barring injury), even if he has talents no one else has, and he won't be in enough packages to disguise his usage. They didn't even use Cook to his strengths as a receiver out of the backfield. I have absolutely 0 expectation they'll do so with Hines.

19 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

They have Poona Ford as the #3 3-tech, but I have heard he is a 1-tech. 
We need a good 1-tech and I assumed it was Poona….

I think he should be the #2 1-tech.

little help?

I also think we play a ton of four wide like we use to all the time….

But now it’ll be: Diggs, Davis, Shakir and Kincaid (Yes, he’s a WR).

Ford should backup Jones as the #1 1-tech. Jones was amazing last year, but when he got banged up down the stretch it exposed Settle and the rest of the D-line suffered.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

True.  But it would also be hard to ignore his speed and playmaking ability.  

Hines averaged 47 catches/year in his five prior NFL seasons.  Then he joined the Bills, a pass-happy team with a desperate need for an outlet receiver, and he hauls in only 5 passes.  It was a criminal waste of talent though, supposedly, his slowness to learn the offense contributed to his lack of use.  

Beane says we'll see him more involved in the offense this year and that, to me, is good news.  I'm indifferent about whether we use Harty or Hines on returns.  

the second you said True. IT should have ended there ha ha ... We have speed with cook. do not need more speed then him. 

iiiiiii... Think i got ya licked this time ha ha.. your opinion, I respect it :D 

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

the second you said True. IT should have ended there ha ha ... We have speed with cook. do not need more speed then him. 

iiiiiii... Think i got ya licked this time ha ha.. your opinion, I respect it :D 

Hines is already a proven NFL commodity.  Cook is not.  It'll be interesting to see how Dorsey uses his backs this year.  They all bring something to the table.  But, given this is a passing team, somebody's bound to be underutilized.  I won't be shocked if it's Hines but I do expect him to get some targets out of the backfield.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2023 at 8:20 AM, TheWeatherMan said:

RT is such a glaring hole for this team.  Brown and Q aren’t reliable at all and Josh deserves better. 

There's Shell too. That might still be proving your point but there is another body there. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.