Good read on Trent Sherfield

RVJ

The best thing about TS is he can step up and produce. This isn’t Jake Kumero. He had 30 catches for 417 yards last year, those are very solid #3 numbers. If Shakir and Hardy can’t cut it in the slot, I’m very comfortable with him. He’s got underrated wheels too.

I’m sure that played a huge role in him signing here, he very legitimately could win the slot role this summer and bring an edge to our offense.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/11/2023 at 2:47 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I love this wager...this is what I meant by friendly, and love that it goes to a charity.  I agree to all your terms, they are very well thought out and fair.  The one clarity...is if he is cut because he missed time in camp/preseason with an injury it nullifies the bet.  He has no experience on this team, with Allen, or the playbook...so if he falls behind due to injury, like many guys, their spot could be in jeopardy with this loaded roster.  But if he is cut because he didn't earn a spot, absolutely I should lose that bet.   

I'm here to pay up!  LOL 

Talk about under the wire though, he came into the game needing the three catches that he got.   He averaged 1 every other game and didn't even break 100 on the season and his only TD was yesterday.  Good game for it.  :) 

As a consolation prize I'm left with my position being accurate nonetheless.  :D   

Anyway, PM me your Bills related charity destination.  Details are on page 4.  I'll submit in your name if you want me to.  Happy to do it.  :)  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

I'm here to pay up!  LOL 

Talk about under the wire though, he came into the game needing the three catches that he got.   He averaged 1 every other game and didn't even break 100 on the season and his only TD was yesterday.  Good game for it.  :) 

As a consolation prize I'm left with my position being accurate nonetheless.  :D   

Anyway, PM me your Bills related charity destination.  Details are on page 4.  I'll submit in your name if you want me to.  Happy to do it.  :)  

Well Kudos to you sir, that’s a classy move to go find this yourself and bring it to the forefront again.  I honestly forgot about this great convo we had and I’m double impressed that you both remembered it and went and found it on your own.

Yes, technically I won the bet, but in reality I don’t think either of us really come out of this being right or wrong.  

Sherfield wound up buried behind Diggs and Davis here, and with 2 TE sets, Kincaid even when not in a 2 TE set, Shakir, and our RBs the reality became that Sherfield wound up more buried here really than Miami.

The biggest issue really was Davis value as a blocker on runs and screens just never took him off the field.  So Trent got very few snaps, but I’m glad he made the biggest one of the season matter this weekend.  

So here is what I propose…I think we both had some things here that were right about, and this was about as close to a draw as you can get without being an actual draw.  

I’m willing to call it a draw, or if you still want to make a donation then since I’m willing to call it a draw, then it’s really your conscious decision to make a donation so it should be to a charity of your choice and in your name.

Again, class act and look forward to next one :)

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Are we afc east champions had we not signed Harty and Sherfield?

Yes, but it’s cool those two dudes contributed in such a big spot, must have been a great feeling for them in that locker room after the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.