Who did you want when the Bills were on the clock in the 3rd round in 2023?

No_Matter_What

Who did you want when the Bills were on the clock in the 3rd round in 2023?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you want when the Bills were on the clock in the 3rd round in 2023?

• WR Tyler Scott
    • WR A.T. Perry
    • WR Michael Wilson
    • TE Darnell Washington
    • OT Dawand Jones
    • OT Jaelyn Duncan
    • C Luke Wypler
    • LB Henry To'o To'o
    • LB Dorian Williams
    • LB Noah Sewell
    • DE Adetomiwa Adebawore
    • DT Siaka Ika
    • CB Kelee Ringo
    • CB Clark Phillips
    • S Antonio Johnson
    • S Jordan Battle
    • other

Go on record, who did you want when we were on the clock?

I considered including "should've try to trade up for Trenton Simpson using our 5th rounder" option but we have no idea if anybody was willing to trade with us and how far it would get us so I just left it with available guys.

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

that’s wild.  did the article specify what about his attitude?  arrogant, etc.  Just totally crazy for a draft prospect to have a bad attitude.  

Assuming the tweets were legit, and he’s certainly dropping so.. maybe … he wasn’t bothering to finish drills and some scouts came away saying they “despised” him and took him off their draft board entirely. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Assuming the tweets were legit, and he’s certainly dropping so.. maybe … he wasn’t bothering to finish drills and some scouts came away saying they “despised” him and took him off their draft board entirely. 

not finishing drills, wow.  yeah. would take him off mine also

Several good prospects were available Kinda figured it had to be a MLB tho. I’d have been happy with any of several but thought Adebawore might have been too tempting to pass on. I wonder why he’s still available?

If we’d have stayed put at 27 and gone with a DT, then Darnell Washington would’ve been really nice in the third. As it stood a good case could’ve been made for Wright (WR) or Ika (NT). If roster space allows I like having a couple DTs on the roster that can pair up to stop the run when needed. I’m only confident we have one right now in Jones. 

Edit. meant Wright, not Scott

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Several good prospects were available Kinda figured it had to be a MLB tho. I’d have been happy with any of several but thought Adebawore might have been too tempting to pass on. I wonder why he’s still available?

If we’d have stayed put at 27 and gone with a DT, then Darnell Washington would’ve been really nice in the third. A good case could’ve been made for Scott (WR) or Ika (NT). If roster space allows I like having a couple DTs on the roster that can pair up to stop the run when needed. I’m only confident we have one right now in Jones. 

That second paragraph just sucks, sorry 

• Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

LOL. Thanks for your typical level of insight and analysis. 

Seriously, what bills fan in their right mind wants the team with a serious deficit of offensive talent compared to their peers draft a DT in the first and a blocking be TE in the third?

Insanity.

How's that for analysis? 

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

31 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Seriously, what bills fan in their right mind wants the team with a serious deficit of offensive talent compared to their peers draft a DT in the first and a blocking be TE in the third?

Insanity.

How's that for analysis? 

I never said I wanted the Bills to go defense early. I most certainly did not. I was just gaming out who they could have taken in the third if they got stuck taking defense early.

If McDermott plans on utilizing a more traditional 4-3-4 base defense vs. the 4-2-5 nickel the team has employed, then the Williams pick might make sense.  An athletic and fast sideline to sideline outside linebacker that could be an occasional and effective blitz option that could immediately start opposite Milano with a more physical MLB between the two.  But there isn't a decent MLB option on the roster and the scheme and play calling approaches of the HC/DC for the 2023 season aren't publicly known.  Otherwise, I voted Noah Sewell simply because he's a bigger and more physical option all things the same as last year.  Williams projects as a special teams player and a backup OLB.  With a limited number of picks getting a player that has a high potential to be a starter is a mandatory and unless there's some scheme change planned the pick looks like a swing and a miss to me.

Michael Wilson and Ika.

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Insanity.

How's that for analysis? 

Not so great, IMO.

Teams with "a serious deficit of offensive talent" don't get the second-most yards per game in the league or the second-most points per game. The idea's ridiculous. 

We didn't have a serious deficit on this team except maybe MLB. Certainly not on the offense after they filled in the guard spots in FA. We have several areas that could use some targeted upgrades.

And those are on both offense and defense.

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Karl Brooks is who I would have taken after a trade down 

Wouldn't have minded that at all.

Edited by Thurman#1

22 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Michael Wilson and Ika.

Not so great, IMO.

Teams with "a serious deficit of offensive talent" don't get the second-most yards per game in the league or the second-most points per game. The idea's ridiculous. 

We didn't have a serious deficit on this team except maybe MLB. Certainly not on the offense after they filled in the guard spots in FA. We have several areas that could use some targeted upgrades.

And those are on both offense and defense.

Wouldn't have minded that at all.

I do think Williams was a solid pick tho so I don’t want to make it seem like I’m hating on it 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.