What's wrong with Roger Goodell?

Prospector

The more the mouth-breathers boo him.........the more recognizable and important he is.    The boo'ing just makes him a bigger part of the game and gets him more camera time etc..  Funny that the idiots still think expressing their public dislike of him is going to have any negative effect on him or the league whatsoever.   

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Bad, by any objective measure.  I’ll say no more.  

then you shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

It's beyond irresponsible to hint at someone being a terrible human being while simultaneously refusing to give reasons for saying so.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

then you shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

It's beyond irresponsible to hint at someone being a terrible human being while simultaneously refusing to give reasons for saying so.

No, it’s not.  In any event, I believe I called him a scumbag.  He’s earned it. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Bad, by any objective measure.  I’ll say no more.  

What are these objective measures of yours ? Revenue ?  Attendance ?  Owner satisfaction ?  These would be some typical  measures for a commissioner and I believe they are trending up post COVID .  So yours  seem to be more subjective …. 

Edited by prissythecat
Clarification
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nothing specific I’m going to share here, that’s for sure. But rest assured, he is a scumbag. 

no one believes this.  You should just delete this lame character assassination you poorly chose to stumble into

• Agree 1

On 4/28/2023 at 8:21 PM, RichRiderBills said:

think he's more a doofus poser. Scumbag is a bit harsh. 

Agreed.   Roger is definitely a weenie and more of a lawyer pawn than an innovative leader but we're stuck with this guy for awhile longer so might as well embrace it.

Goodell is a toad. I don't particularly like the direction the league is going. A lot of his decision has little to do with honesty and integrity and more to do with sweeping crap under the carpet and saving face. His obsession with growing the league may do more damage than good. The growth in the European markets is about expansion and money in spite of competitive equity. I think it was Pat Kirwan a couple decades ago that wrote about the importance of "winning at home" with respect to making the playoffs. He had some glaring stats to back it up. And Goodell takes away a home game from a handful of teams every year.

The gallant history from decades ago has faded. I couldn't imagine watching highlights from today's game narrated by the late John Facenda of NFL films from the 60s and 70s. Just wouldn't fit. Call me old, but that's how I feel. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.