Which books will you burn?

Yesterday I asked what the MAGA crew here would do now that Tucker is unemployed and not permitted to appear on Fox News during the 8p weeknight time slot. 

Today I realized that, to the extent the MAGA crew is sober (Bud Light apparently is popular) and not in a food coma after dinner (lots of people—not me, but lots of people—say that MAGA are corpulent gluttons),  such crew probably will fill this gaping void in their collective lives by finally getting around to burning some books.  

Hence today’s important and informative topic.   What books do you intend to burn??  Will you take the advice of the very well-read Moms for Liberty (sort of like the opposite of the Oprah book club)?  Or do members of the MAGA crowd have an independent thought or two about some literature that they would like to incinerate?  Fire away and let us know!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yesterday I asked what the MAGA crew here would do now that Tucker is unemployed and not permitted to appear on Fox News during the 8p weeknight time slot. 

Today I realized that, to the extent the MAGA crew is sober (Bud Light apparently is popular) and not in a food coma after dinner (lots of people—not me, but lots of people—say that MAGA are corpulent gluttons),  such crew probably will fill this gaping void in their collective lives by finally getting around to burning some books.  

Hence today’s important and informative topic.   What books do you intend to burn??  Will you take the advice of the very well-read Moms for Liberty (sort of like the opposite of the Oprah book club)?  Or do members of the MAGA crowd have an independent thought or two about some literature that they would like to incinerate?  Fire away and let us know!

Confused Little Girl GIF

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

LOL.

and another one to the block list.

The last time they showed up here I had forgotten why he got on my block list.  Then someone quoted her...

oh yeah that's the persxn who calls everything a hoax because they can't handle that Russia gate was indeed a hoax.

aka a commie through and through.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A graphic-novel memoir about gender identity. A collection of personal essays by a ***** Black activist. Toni Morrison’s first novel. 

These books were among the most-challenged titles in U.S. libraries in 2022, according to a new report from the American Library Association. 

The attempts to ban “Gender *****” by Maia Kobabe, “All Boys Aren’t Blue” by George M. Johnson and “The Bluest Eye” by Morrison were part of a growing trend across the U.S. There were 1,269 efforts to censor books and other resources in libraries in 2022, according to the libraries group. That figure is nearly double the year before and marks a record for a single year. The association has been tracking these trends for more than two decades.

More than 2,500 individual titles fell under scrutiny in 2022, the majority of which focused on or were written by LGBT individuals and people of color.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/there-were-1-269-efforts-to-ban-books-in-2022-these-were-the-most-targeted-e19f3f33

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A graphic-novel memoir about gender identity. A collection of personal essays by a ***** Black activist. Toni Morrison’s first novel. 

These books were among the most-challenged titles in U.S. libraries in 2022, according to a new report from the American Library Association. 

The attempts to ban “Gender *****” by Maia Kobabe, “All Boys Aren’t Blue” by George M. Johnson and “The Bluest Eye” by Morrison were part of a growing trend across the U.S. There were 1,269 efforts to censor books and other resources in libraries in 2022, according to the libraries group. That figure is nearly double the year before and marks a record for a single year. The association has been tracking these trends for more than two decades.

More than 2,500 individual titles fell under scrutiny in 2022, the majority of which focused on or were written by LGBT individuals and people of color.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/there-were-1-269-efforts-to-ban-books-in-2022-these-were-the-most-targeted-e19f3f33

This is the point.  The book-burning crowd wants to destroy literature acknowledging that others might be different.  I am far from the most well-read.  In fact, at this point in my life, I’m probably not well-read.  But I highly, highly doubt that a critical mass of the dopes in favor of incinerating the aforementioned literature have read so much as a page of that which they seek to destroy.  In point of fact, I question whether many of them are even capable of reading and processing such things.

This thread is a shining example of that … I was going to say ignorance, but I’m not sure that’s the right word.  Disagree with the viewpoint expressed herein?  Call someone a commie and/or block them, and maybe chuck in a little misogyny, lest one’s thought be challenged.  It’s really sad when people characterizing themselves as “conservatives” can’t stand the crucible of the marketplace of ideas. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

You've chosen to ignore content by SUNY_amherst. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by SectionC3. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by redtail hawk. Options 

You couldn't fill a glass with intellect from this group.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I think the first book I will ever burn will be your autobiography. LOL

59 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I believe this topic was meant as satire.  I could be wrong and you could be correct that it is in fact, a serious, consequential debate...among MAGA's.

It is satire, that's why my original post were the three books that best describe the world you and your friends are trying to force upon the rest of us today.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

It is satire, that's why my original post were the three books that best describe the world you and your friends are trying to force upon the rest of us today.

yes, the meanings of those books are so obscure.  They were clearly predicting the looming drag queen and transexual take over of the future world....

• Haha (+1) 1