ONE Trade Mock drafts

Yantha

Trade down to 44 with Falcons , pick up 113 and 2024 2nd.

44. Jack Campbell

LB Iowa

trade 

59. Darnell Washington

TE Georgia

91. Joe Tippmann

OC Wisconsin

113. Tyler Steen

OT Alabama

trade 

130. Jonathan Mingo

WR Ole Miss

137. Moro Ojomo

DT Texas

205. Thomas Incoom

EDGE Central Michigan

2024 ATL 2nd

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why?  We already have a very good TE we don't use.  

Because a.) Knox is good, but not great. He has a number of frustrating drops. And b.) We have nothing else there. If we want to run 2 TE sets, it would be good to have another solid TE. And if Knox gets hurt, we're pretty much nowhere.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Because a.) Knox is good, but not great. He has a number of frustrating drops. And b.) We have nothing else there. If we want to run 2 TE sets, it would be good to have another solid TE. And if Knox gets hurt, we're pretty much nowhere.

Exactly we literally have no TEs after Knox if Dawson is down for any length of time we are up the creek. 

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why?  We already have a very good TE we don't use.  

We use Knox extensively and effectively in the red zone.  We don't need to use him between the 20's. We literally had the fewest punts in the league last year.
Knox has been used more in playoffs and has been suffessful for us in the playoffs. Personally I think Darnell Washington at TE would allow knox to become a Jimmy Graham type TE (ie quasi-wr). And knox becomes weapon 2, if not WR2. 

46 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Knox leads our team in catch % (even better than Diggs), and he has 15 TD's in the last 2 years despite only seeing an average of 68 targets over the last 2 years.  

If we just gave him more a slight bump in targets he would be a top 5 TE in the NFL statistically as a perennial 800+ yard and 10 TD guy.  Kelce for example has 2.5x times more targets than Knox does annually averaging about 100 targets more per season than Knox sees.  Give Knox 120+ targets and he is well over 1000 yards and double digit TD's.  Kelce had 165 targets this year.  

So, I don't understand how people knock our own guy Knox as if he isn't coming through when given chances.  You can't catch what isn't thrown at you, and the reason he isn't getting targets is not because he isn't good enough to get them.  It's because they have used him more as an extra blocker with our depleted offensive line.  

And it doesn't matter how often fans mention "running 2 TE sets", its never going to be a thing in a Josh Allen led offense.  We run a high octane down field attack, and that isn't changing anytime soon with Allen.  So these 2 TE sets people keep bringing up are never going to be a focal point of our offense.

You want more TE production, then fix the OL so Knox can get more targets.  A 2nd TE isn't going to get many targets in our offense.  

And draft a TE later, don't waste an early pick for a depth player behind a starter.  We don't need to get his backup in the 1st or 2nd round, we need significant contributors with our early picks.

39 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We use Knox extensively and effectively in the red zone.  We don't need to use him between the 20's. We literally had the fewest punts in the league last year.
Knox has been used more in playoffs and has been suffessful for us in the playoffs. Personally I think Darnell Washington at TE would allow knox to become a Jimmy Graham type TE (ie quasi-wr). And knox becomes weapon 2, if not WR2. 

Darnell Washington is the only TE that makes some sense because you are drafting him to be a 6th offensive lineman.  But the Bills just don't run many 2 TE sets to begin with, I would rather see them invest in the OL and let Knox release more.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Darnell Washington is the only TE that makes some sense because you are drafting him to be a 6th offensive lineman.  But the Bills just don't run many 2 TE sets to begin with, I would rather see them invest in the OL and let Knox release more

Washington is much more than the 6th olinemen. The passer rating when he was targeted last year was 105, better than Michael Mayer. I have this minor fantasy of people imagining he is staying into to block and instead releases to an wide open easy catch the way Kelce seems to be able too.   And as I said, the way the Saints use Graham early in his career was not really even as a tight end.  I think the skils for washington and knox, would allow for a lot of creativity. 

Edited by Chaos

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Knox leads our team in catch % (even better than Diggs), and he has 15 TD's in the last 2 years despite only seeing an average of 68 targets over the last 2 years.  

If we just gave him more a slight bump in targets he would be a top 5 TE in the NFL statistically as a perennial 800+ yard and 10 TD guy.  Kelce for example has 2.5x times more targets than Knox does annually averaging about 100 targets more per season than Knox sees.  Give Knox 120+ targets and he is well over 1000 yards and double digit TD's.  Kelce had 165 targets this year.  

So, I don't understand how people knock our own guy Knox as if he isn't coming through when given chances.  You can't catch what isn't thrown at you, and the reason he isn't getting targets is not because he isn't good enough to get them.  It's because they have used him more as an extra blocker with our depleted offensive line.  

And it doesn't matter how often fans mention "running 2 TE sets", its never going to be a thing in a Josh Allen led offense.  We run a high octane down field attack, and that isn't changing anytime soon with Allen.  So these 2 TE sets people keep bringing up are never going to be a focal point of our offense.

You want more TE production, then fix the OL so Knox can get more targets.  A 2nd TE isn't going to get many targets in our offense.  

And draft a TE later, don't waste an early pick for a depth player behind a starter.  We don't need to get his backup in the 1st or 2nd round, we need significant contributors with our early picks.

Darnell Washington is the only TE that makes some sense because you are drafting him to be a 6th offensive lineman.  But the Bills just don't run many 2 TE sets to begin with, I would rather see them invest in the OL and let Knox release more.  

Knox is a good Tight End that we pay like a Top 5 TE. I think Knox is decent. But he's not a Game Changer. It seems like for every "wow!" low percentage catch he somehow manages to pull in against all odds, he has another high percentage catch hit him right in the hands that he drops. 

I don't think fans who don't think that he's on the level of Kelce and Kittle are "knocking" him. Nor is the idea we should get another TE in here on his level a knock on him. I like Dawson. But there's a good percentage of teams that run 2TE packages. I think that was the plan when we signed OJ Howard. It just didn't work out.

Having 2 TE's at a high level would allow us to run 2TE packages. It would keep both Dawson and he fresh when only 1 TE is on the field. And Dawson may be good, but what happens if he gets hurt?

Josh needs more reliable pass catchers at the ready. Another TE provides that and it gives us insurance if Dawson gets dinged up. As good as you think he is, we have to have someone solid with him and he can't be on the field every single play.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

On 4/9/2023 at 11:17 AM, Bigvinny said:

44. Jack Campbell

LB Iowa

trade 

59. Darnell Washington

TE Georgia

91. Joe Tippmann

OC Wisconsin

113. Tyler Steen

OT Alabama

trade 

130. Jonathan Mingo

WR Ole Miss

137. Moro Ojomo

DT Texas

205. Thomas Incoom

EDGE Central Michigan

2024 ATL 2nd

Excellent draft, but 17 spots for that? Do Grady Jarrett come with that?

MDD traded back to gain better value in selecting Campbell while getting some extra picks, as we should trade back no further than 36-40 if we want a shot at getting Jack.

Jack Campbell

LB | Iowa

TRADE

Antonio Johnson

S | Texas A&M

Tucker Kraft

TE | South Dakota State

TRADE

Tyler Scott

WR | Cincinnati

Roschon Johnson

RB | Texas

Jarrett Patterson

IOL | Notre Dame

Moro Ojomo

DL | Texas

TRADE

On 4/9/2023 at 11:17 AM, Bigvinny said:

44. Jack Campbell

LB Iowa

trade 

59. Darnell Washington

TE Georgia

91. Joe Tippmann

OC Wisconsin

113. Tyler Steen

OT Alabama

trade 

130. Jonathan Mingo

WR Ole Miss

137. Moro Ojomo

DT Texas

205. Thomas Incoom

EDGE Central Michigan

2024 ATL 2nd

I'd be very happy with this SEC centric draft!  get beane on the horn, quick!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.