Brandon Beane admitting fault & not learning from his mistakes.

Rebel101

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

He now should know what he wants from each of his players and have had much more say in the crafting of the offensive talent. Daboll liked his players a certain way and hopefully Dorsey doesn't pull a Saffold.

yes he sucks in round 2, he is solid everywhere else. We have a winning team and y'all kvetch like we are about to start the drought part II. Virgil this is not primarily at you but the overall tone is absurd.

Allen brings up the R1 a lot while the Rams have an N/A for R1 and two Super Bowl appearances with one victory. #2 in the 3rd round? Where are these numbers coming from? The Yankees analytics team?

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Allen brings up the R1 a lot while the Rams have an N/A for R1 and two Super Bowl appearances with one victory. #2 in the 3rd round? Where are these numbers coming from? The Yankees analytics team?

Do you think most 3rd rounder are as good as Singletary?  he alone makes it look good but we also drafted Horrible Harry and Spencer Brown in the 3rd since 2018.  I truly think people think teams regularly draft multiple studs each year, when getting one stud and 2 starters is a very successful draft.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do you think most 3rd rounder are as good as Singletary?  he alone makes it look good but we also drafted Horrible Harry and Spencer Brown in the 3rd since 2018.  I truly think people think teams regularly draft multiple studs each year, when getting One stud and 2 starters is a very successful draft.

Neither are on the team and Harrison didn't do much as a Bill. He missed time with injuries to both knees & had a limited recovery year. I know Minn paid him but his impact in Buffalo was minimal.

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Allen brings up the R1 a lot

yea hitting on the most important position in all of team sports is usually pretty important. Many GMs have been fired for missing on QBs, I dont get how youre using it as a knock on him. Edmunds was also a very good 1st round pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Neither are on the team and Harrison didn't do much as a Bill. He missed time with injuries to both knees & had a limited recovery year. I know Minn paid him but his impact in Buffalo was minimal.

So if we draft 7 studs and all 7 cost too much 5 years later we had a bad draft? You think drafting Tremaine is a bad pick because he is no longer in Buffalo? 

28 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

So if we draft 7 studs and all 7 cost too much 5 years later we had a bad draft? You think drafting Tremaine is a bad pick because he is no longer in Buffalo? 

You pick players in the 1st round to be franchise players, not offering a 1st rounder a 2nd contract is never ideal. We drafted him at 20 years old knowing he would need time to develop instead of drafting a player that would have made a more immediate impact.

Harrison Phillps also did NOTHING in Buffalo, he has the size & potential but injuries limited his production here.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

This is true but it only paints part of the correct picture Shaw. Improvement is very likely over years of experience. However, that improvement doesn't always equate to being effective, productive, and winning. Time and experience is just one variable to consider.

More specifically, we don't know how good or bad Dorsey will be .

This happens to me often.   If you go back to my post, I was responding to a statement that said that Dorsey will be the same OC he was last season.   What I said was that that statement was incredibly naive, because it ignores the fact that people improve in their jobs.   Yes, not all people, but many, many people.   It's why rookies don't start, but they do a year or two later.   People improve.  

A blanket statement that Dorsey will not improve (which is what it means to say that he'll be the same OC in year 2 as year one), is a foolish statement.   It cannot be known whether he will improve, but stating that he will not improve is foolish. 

• Agree 2

On 2/13/2023 at 4:38 PM, Nextmanup said:

I also don't understand how Dorsey is supposed to evolve into a different, much better coordinator in one off-season.  Sure, he probably picked up some experience here and there and learned some things, generally, but he's going to be the same guy next September.

That's not good.

Well if he stays where he was last season given what he did in the offensive rankings in the league UM i'll take it !

So many here look at the coaches from McD on down and constantly complain when the team ranks amounts the best in the league - Oh how soon we forget .

Stability is a very good thing not to mention McD is still pretty much a new comer to being a HC & Dorcey is very green when it comes to being "The Guy" as the OC .  That and the fact that what seem to be upgrades on the offensive side of the ball in the RB's, O line, & bigger WR's i feel this year will prove to be better once they start to jell .

Patience is a virtue but apparently something that the Mafia doesn't subscribe to by the sounds of it . 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Drafting a player in the 3rd round who gets a second NFL contract is a win.  We have a championship caliber roster.  That means good NFL players will be cut, traded, or let to walk in free agency.  A guy who wasnt good enough for us played 60% of snaps for Minny.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

You pick players in the 1st round to be franchise players, not offering a 1st rounder a 2nd contract is never ideal. We drafted him at 20 years old knowing he would need time to develop instead of drafting a player that would have made a more immediate impact.

Harrison Phillps also did NOTHING in Buffalo, he has the size & potential but injuries limited his production here.

Phillips last year here was good hence why he was given a $20 million contract by Vikings. You did not answer was Tremaine a good draft pick since he is now gone?

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Drafting a player in the 3rd round who gets a second NFL contract is a win.  We have a championship caliber roster.  That means good NFL players will be cut, traded, or let to walk in free agency.  A guy who wasnt good enough for us played 60% of snaps for Minny.

Stop copying me!!!

12 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

Haha. Not too many lawyers. My main point is that the broad generalization that the lawyer made doesn't mean anything. Cherry picking the examples of Belechick, LeBron, Reid (and himself) is meaningless without an objective standard. His claim is about experience with the implication that it results in objective success. His claim gets muddled in subjective self-reflection with the LaBron quote. But it's decontextualized pathos speak. LaBron got DWade and a star teammate with the Lakers. Belechick got Brady. Reid got Mahomes. He got his dream paralegal (maybe). So, his maxim, really means nothing. That was my point. If he wants people to stop complaining about Dorsey, he should provide the data you provided, not espouse some grand truth about experience coupled with the bias of his individual anecodotal example that highlights his age and profession. 

So, you can't know if you're doing your career/profession/job better or worse today than you were the day you started unless somebody's done an "objective study" of your progress or lack of same?   My guess is that your supervisor doesn't need to study a dataset to figure out whether you've improved since you were hired or not.

Hodgens consistency and availabilty to play is an issue.  Jsut because he had a one good game for giants doesn't make him a probowler.

Wyatt was a miss and he admitted to it.  

When you draft Best Player available you are going to lose some via cuts that get picked by other teams.

What is the issue?

4 hours ago, SoTier said:

So, you can't know if you're doing your career/profession/job better or worse today than you were the day you started unless somebody's done an "objective study" of your progress or lack of same?   My guess is that your supervisor doesn't need to study a dataset to figure out whether you've improved since you were hired or not.

You got two different claims here. 

Maybe I know it either subjectively or objectively or both. But my supervisor isnt going to rate my performance on what I think about my performance in my own head.

My supervisor should have something objective on which to base my performance and the performance of others.  This helps to combat bias, prejudice, gut feelings, nepotism, cronyism, etc. in the workplace. 

Again, let's look at some standards to rate Dorsey and those with more or less experience than him.

My overall point is that maxims or broad truisms do not mean anything. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.