We have a Super Bowl trophy (or two) if Andy Reid was our head coach

Einstein

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

This white washing of Andy Reid is so embarrassing. This guy was always thought of as “good coach, but a choker who can’t win a Super Bowl.”

So reading between the lines here, star players (like Mahomes) are more important than coaching. Sure, luck plays into it too. We saw what happened to NE and Bellichek when Brady left...and promptly picked up another Lombardi trophy with TB.

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

This white washing of Andy Reid is so embarrassing. This guy was always thought of as “good coach, but a choker who can’t win a Super Bowl.”

And then he got an elite QB. We have an elite QB and nothing to show for it. Any gap between Mahomes and Allen is not so great that they should have seen that much more success than us the past few years. Since acquiring an elite QB, Andy Reid has led them to FIVE straight conference championships and THREE Super Bowl appearances with two wins. McDermott got us to one conference championship with three seasons of elite QB play and that was our ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

So reading between the lines here, star players (like Mahomes) are more important than coaching. Sure, luck plays into it too. We saw what happened to NE and Bellichek when Brady left...and promptly picked up another Lombardi trophy with TB.

Star QB is more important; I think a brilliant coach who is top 2 or 3 in the league is next most valuable thing.

All these teams are loaded with athletic freaks; a lot of it comes down to where you tell them to play and what you tell them to do.

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Reid had infinitely more success without Mahomes than Belichick has had without Brady.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Straight from Andy Reid’s mouth fellas:

“We went in and made the adjustments that we needed to do as coaches and then presented it to the players after they had a chance to use the restroom.” - Andy Reid on Super Bowl halftime adjustments 

this is so funny, I don't even no where to start. 

NVM

I will just thank @Royale with Cheese  << said it best

On 2/12/2023 at 10:48 PM, Einstein said:

The halftime adjustment he made to torment the Philly defense will go down in the history books.

Mahomes doesn’t deserve the MVP award. Reid does. Did you see the last 2 TD passes? How perfectly scripted those were? How wide open he got the pass catcher on BOTH occasions? How Mahomes only had to not screw it up?

You guys can all talk about McD’s regular season success. But I envy the Chiefs playoff and Super Bowl success. They even traded a HOF WR and STILL won the SB the next year.

Eagles o-line dominated. Reid still won. Mahomes got hurt. Reid still won. No excuses for Reid. Just success.

And If my Aunt had Balls she'd be my Uncle. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s bizarre that anyone thinks adjustments weren’t made at halftime.  Kansas City called 5 running plays in the first half. They called 6 running plays on the opening drive of the second half alone including the first 3 plays.  That wasn’t an accident.  Andy Reid is pretty open about wanting the ball first in the second half so that he can game plan for the first possession based on what the defense did in the first half.  This isn't even worth debating.

Edited by Billl

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

And then he got an elite QB. We have an elite QB and nothing to show for it. Any gap between Mahomes and Allen is not so great that they should have seen that much more success than us the past few years. Since acquiring an elite QB, Andy Reid has led them to FIVE straight conference championships and THREE Super Bowl appearances with two wins. McDermott got us to one conference championship with three seasons of elite QB play and that was our ceiling.

Okay?

I don't really care.  Andy Reid's rep was a PLAYOFF CHOKER FOR YEARS. Period

5 hours ago, Billl said:

Reid had infinitely more success without Mahomes than Belichick has had without Brady.  

Again, above.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.