-First Mexican-American elected to Congress from the state of Florida

image.jpeg.b746d51292a6e68812b3719191c03fdc.jpeg

image.jpeg.c2bbdcf7bd04bd89a8ae5532f8d58c38.jpeg
image.jpeg.bebab49d64d68923bf026105003eee7e.jpeg

image.jpeg.9795badba32685f4e74f3ab4c4900879.jpeg
image.jpeg.0d66c7e81d57735f5c7419bf2a5d7eb1.jpeg

image.jpeg.770a7ddefad82bc9a74742b2a41310c4.jpeg

She nailed the twitter execs last week.

this week NYT and others are attacking her sayingn her grandfather was a nazi or something.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/02/anna-paulina-luna-jewish-grandfather-nazi

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

She nailed the twitter execs last week.

this week NYT and others are attacking her sayingn her grandfather was a nazi or something.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/02/anna-paulina-luna-jewish-grandfather-nazi

WaPo Humiliated After Apparent Hatchet Job on Hispanic GOP Rep Exposed for World to See

by Jack Davis

The Washington Post is being accused of racism by a Hispanic lawmaker from Florida. Republican Rep. Anna Paulina Luna of Florida said its recent profile on her was riddled with errors, according to Fox News. “It’s awful how [The Washington Post] treat[s] minorities. And the fact is, is that their undertone of their article was incredibly racist. They tried to undercut my Hispanic heritage. They even spoke to my mother and did report a lot of what she was posting. So, The Washington Post is compost, and they should do better,” she said during a Friday appearance on the Fox News show “Jesse Watters Primetime.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/wapo-humiliated-apparent-hatchet-job-hispanic-gop-rep-exposed-world-see/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/02/10/anna-paulina-luna-republican-biography/

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

WaPo Humiliated After Apparent Hatchet Job on Hispanic GOP Rep Exposed for World to See

by Jack Davis

The Washington Post is being accused of racism by a Hispanic lawmaker from Florida. Republican Rep. Anna Paulina Luna of Florida said its recent profile on her was riddled with errors, according to Fox News. “It’s awful how [The Washington Post] treat[s] minorities. And the fact is, is that their undertone of their article was incredibly racist. They tried to undercut my Hispanic heritage. They even spoke to my mother and did report a lot of what she was posting. So, The Washington Post is compost, and they should do better,” she said during a Friday appearance on the Fox News show “Jesse Watters Primetime.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/02/wapo-humiliated-apparent-hatchet-job-hispanic-gop-rep-exposed-world-see/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/02/10/anna-paulina-luna-republican-biography/

Thats typical anymore. Its amazing people trust the NYT or WapPo anymore. their integrity is shot.

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

by Jack Davis

I’m sure you didn’t read the Wash Post piece, because I’m sure you never read the Wash Post. 
It was a fair piece. She is a bullish!!!er in an old fashioned, pre-Santos way, playing up her Hispanic heritage when it benefits her (in Florida) and playing down her prior job (ostensibly “waitress” but others suggest a bit more) in a gentlemen’s club. And playing down her middle class upbringing. 
Like I said: garden variety politician spin on her background. Maybe Biden-esque if you will. Definitely not Santos magnitude, but then who is …. It’s an interesting piece because it sheds light not just on her, but on the kind of biography Republicans so deperately desire in order to anoint a new “rising star.”

Full disclosure: yes, the hottest woman in Congress. And it’s not even close. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I’m sure you didn’t read the Wash Post piece, because I’m sure you never read the Wash Post. 
It was a fair piece. She is a bullish!!!er in an old fashioned, pre-Santos way, playing up her Hispanic heritage when it benefits her (in Florida) and playing down her prior job (ostensibly “waitress” but others suggest a bit more) in a gentlemen’s club. And playing down her middle class upbringing. 
Like I said: garden variety politician spin on her background. Maybe Biden-esque if you will. Definitely not Santos magnitude, but then who is …. It’s an interesting piece because it sheds light not just on her, but on the kind of biography Republicans so deperately desire in order to anoint a new “rising star.”

Did you just argue that insinuating a women is a prostitute without some serious information to back it up is "fair"? I hope your wife is never treated as harshly as you just claimed is fair. 

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/550006-commentators-blast-washington-post-fact-check-on-tim-scott/

Once the post goes all in on this sort of “journalism” what’s the point of giving them the click? Don’t they also employ Taylor Lorenz? It’s easy for you to declare it fair but how would anyone else know? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/550006-commentators-blast-washington-post-fact-check-on-tim-scott/

Once the post goes all in on this sort of “journalism” what’s the point of giving them the click? Don’t they also employ Taylor Lorenz? It’s easy for you to declare it fair but how would anyone else know? 

Because I read it, and it was fair.

I assume you're only reading criticisms of it - much like this criticism of a WP article on Tim Scott (I'll read that one and I'll let you know). This is kind of like reading movie reviews, not seeing the movie itself, and then having an opinion about the movie.

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Did you just argue that insinuating a women is a prostitute without some serious information to back it up is "fair"? I hope your wife is never treated as harshly as you just claimed is fair. 

Are you saying my wife was a "waitress" in a "gentlemen's club?"

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I assume you're only reading criticisms of it - much like this criticism of a WP article on Tim Scott (I'll read that one and I'll let you know). This is kind of like reading movie reviews, not seeing the movie itself, and then having an opinion about the movie.

I read it and read Post articles when they look interesting but they pissed their credibility away and did it willfully. Without credibility, what’s left?

Part of the problem with advocacy journalism. 

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/11/16/washington-post-steele-dossier-newspaper-record-transparency-522733

So when reporters uncover new information that undermines earlier copy, they write new stories, updating the record. What they don’t do is go back and erase the original, flawed version. But that’s what the Washington Post did last week.

As Post journalist Paul Farhi reported last Friday, the newspaper removed from its archives two stories from 2017 and 2019 related to the controversial Steele dossier and replaced them with new articles that added and deleted whole sections

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am stating that the comment is sleazy and disgusting without something substantial to back it up. That is the definition of unfair and I would be furious if someone wrote that article about someone I love. I obviously have no idea about your wifes past, present, or future jobs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

I read it and read Post articles when they look interesting but they pissed their credibility away and did it willfully. Without credibility, what’s left?

Part of the problem with advocacy journalism. 

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/11/16/washington-post-steele-dossier-newspaper-record-transparency-522733

So when reporters uncover new information that undermines earlier copy, they write new stories, updating the record. What they don’t do is go back and erase the original, flawed version. But that’s what the Washington Post did last week.

As Post journalist Paul Farhi reported last Friday, the newspaper removed from its archives two stories from 2017 and 2019 related to the controversial Steele dossier and replaced them with new articles that added and deleted whole sections

so the question for frank is which version of the stories does he read as fair? the originals or the post edited version. its a slick trick by "journalism" today. put out absolute bias opinionated garbage that lack journalistic integrity that most will read and other organizations who wish to echo will quote. that is the one that is important as a story is "breaking" in the news cycle. a endless supply of "those close to the situation" "experts say" " a reliable source" to quote from that live in the writers skull.

then later on go back and secretly edit it into a more unbiased story they should have put out to begin with with no edit notes for any who check back to see why they believed garbage when new information later comes out. nothing to see here but a good factual story. not sure where you read anything else 🤔

the first time a news org gets caught doing this type of nonsense. you would think readers and other journalist would denounce them and they would need to apologize and work hard to gain back their credability. no the loyal reader looks the other way and anyone who has had there fill of corporate media lies are labeled conspirators because they have no choice but to find small independent journalists who they trust. unfortunately there are so many options many do fall into flat out grifters whos only requirement is to regurgitate exactly what their curated audience wants to extract from a stories information.

unless their is a agreed standard of ethics shared by everyone for the information they consume there is no other outcome then hyper polarization and unfortunately violence between factions that are told "the others" are out to get them. 

Edited by Buffarukus

I don’t have time to dredge them up now, but equally fair are the old articles questioning Biden’s bs stories — the Wash Post actually did one about the infamous face-off he had with the legendary “Corn Pop” (conclusion: there was a person known by that name, but no one remembers young Joe going mano-a-mano with him)—and articles about Bill Clinton putting a spin on his personal story. All successful politicians do this. They write books that nobody reads—books that are a blend of half-baked policies (“we need an America that works for the American people” or something similarly vacuous) and embellished personal narrative (you’ve got to “overcome obstacles” even if you were born into wealth and privilege). 
By the way, the Wash Post said nothing about Luna being anything other than a waitress at a gentlemen’s club. Others have reported that she may have done other things there too, and it’s not a wild fantasy given that it coincided with a time in her life when she was modeling for men’s magazines, etc. Someone here suggested that I was saying she was a prostitute. No, unless you think everyone who may have modeled in a bikini is a prostitute; I will grant you that others may be more familiar than me with that whole scene. 

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don’t have time to dredge them up now, but equally fair are the old articles questioning Biden’s bs stories — the Wash Post actually did one about the infamous face-off he had with the legendary “Corn Pop” (conclusion: there was a person known by that name, but no one remembers young Joe going mano-a-mano with him)—and articles about Bill Clinton putting a spin on his personal story. All successful politicians do this. They write books that nobody reads—books that are a blend of half-baked policies (“we need an America that works for the American people” or something similarly vacuous) and embellished personal narrative (you’ve got to “overcome obstacles” even if you were born into wealth and privilege). 
By the way, the Wash Post said nothing about Luna being anything other than a waitress at a gentlemen’s club. Others have reported that she may have done other things there too, and it’s not a wild fantasy given that it coincided with a time in her life when she was modeling for men’s magazines, etc. Someone here suggested that I was saying she was a prostitute. No, unless you think everyone who may have modeled in a bikini is a prostitute; I will grant you that others may be more familiar than me with that whole scene. 

Yeah I really don't buy that she was a prostitute. So she modeled for some magazines, so what? 

She's just another young ditzy MAGA chick. 

29 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Biden’s issues are not limited to his confrontation with the legendary CornPop over a diving board and bathing cap, however implausible that story seemed to be.   His political career is littered with fabrications and unsubstantiated stories, salacious behavior, partnering with political cretins and the Post could do a 10 part expose on the guy and still have more material for next year. 

But, sure,  this was time well-spent and pretty much boils down to some people remembering things differently.  It’s journalistic Mean Girls, part 1,456. 

43 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You are the ONLY person here who insinuated she did more than waitress. If the WP did not say it then you made it up whole cloth.

• Thank you (+1) 1