Irv Weinsteins' final broadcast

jayg

I moved away in 1975 but always remembered WKBW and the crew. I don't know why, I was only 5 years old when we left. When the movie Bruce Almighty came out it brought back a lot of memories. I was watching Bruce again and Googled Irv and found this. 

Edited by jayg

I didn't really watch the News much as a kid but I met Irv on a school field trip in either like 3rd or 4th grade.  I'm like 99% sure I got an autograph as well.  Not gonna lie it wasn't all that exciting from the lens of a little kid but I knew he was kind of a big deal in WNY and I think being older I guess I appreciate it more now knowing what a legend he was in WNY.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Why is this post 5 miles long?

looking up weird al yankovic GIF

I blame @Irv for that! It took longer than the news to get here! 

I remember “It’s eleven o’clock, do you know where your children are?”  My parents thought they had a clue, and it helped them sleep, I suppose.  😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

did irv highjack this thread? what is up with the OPs post. I had to scroll for a mile before getting to the following post.

I thought I was doing it wrong! It was like tubing down 18 Mile Creek, and I thought I was stuck on a rock somewhere. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Its now been about 24 years since Irv retired. The "It's 11 o'clock, do you know where your children are?" will always be with me.

God, I'm old. LOL

That was clock-work, and iconic.

Of course, now all parents know where their children are......in their rooms. They would have to change it to, "It's 11 o'clock, do you know what sights your children are on?"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.