Im convinced its coaching (Chiefs showing how to handle Bengals)

Scott7975

14 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Not to mention the Chiefs have 4 rookies starting on there defense. 

We need our Chris Jones in the playoffs. It was supposed to Von. 

As for rookies I think that might have been the biggest mistake from the coaches. They should’ve put their most physically gifted CB out there and let him play physical. I remember all camp and all season the talk of Elam was he’s too handsy. He liked to get his hands on WRs. They wanted that to stop. Problem is that’s exactly what we needed.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Hey it was a tough game, decided on the last play, but quite obvious what team was prepared to play the Bengals and which team last week was not.

Give Cincy credit they played well, but lost.

KC too did not play a perfect game, but their defence actually created pressure and the DB's and Safeties actually had their eyes on the ball when defending receivers.

And while KC couldn't run the ball the offense knew what to do and took short passes (still not sure why Allen couldn't run).  

Night & day as opposed to the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Dont want to get a ban for comparing our team to the teams playing in the GDT so I am putting it here.  Im totally convinced its coaching.  KC its killing that Oline.  Their players arent better than ours.  Jones is a beast but really nobodies outside of that.  The difference is how they actually play the receivers tight and not 10 yards off and back up at the snap.  Burrow cant throw quick because it aint there for free.

Same story on offense. Allen may not be Mahomes but he is elite.  Their offensive design and coaching is second to none.  I feel like Dorsey is just backyard football.  A lot of people say "Josh wont take the underneath stuff."  I believe he would if he was coached to and the plays were designed to.  

You do know they won because of a personal foul with like 25 seconds left in the 4th.  IMO they never should have thrown the flag as they decided the game with it.  So your headline is wrong, the Chiefs escaped, at home, against the Bengals. They didn’t show anything on how to handle them! 

44 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We need our Chris Jones in the playoffs. It was supposed to Von. 

As for rookies I think that might have been the biggest mistake from the coaches. They should’ve put their most physically gifted CB out there and let him play physical. I remember all camp and all season the talk of Elam was he’s too handsy. He liked to get his hands on WRs. They wanted that to stop. Problem is that’s exactly what we needed.

Elam played 65% of snaps. He played well. His missing 35% wasn't the difference.

As he's figured it out recently, he's been out there more and more.

And while I think an awful lot of it was simply the team having an awful day, I totally agree with you about Von. Him not being out there was a huge blow.

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Probably already been said, but ...

If it's coaching, how come Reid couldn't break though in Philly? Same coach.

Coaches have a part, sure, but it's everything together, but more rosters, injuries and matchups, IMO.

Number 1 it’s hard to win a Super Bowl. I will only question coaching if we start losing wild card games consistently. 

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Its a playoff thing. Look at the games against KC. Regular season we play them tough and hold them to 20 points both games. Post season we play them afraid and loose and give up 38 and 42 points.

They simply need to play and call the game the same way they do during the regular season.

The 38 and 42 point games came when we didn't have Von Miller. The 20 came when we did. Unfortunately, his injury turned us back into the team without Von Miller.

14 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Probably already been said, but ...

If it's coaching, how come Reid couldn't break though in Philly? Same coach.

Coaches have a part, sure, but it's everything together, but more rosters, injuries and matchups, IMO.

People can evolve, learn things and get better as they get older and gain more knowledge. Do you think Andy Reid is exactly the same as he was in Philly?  Yes he may have better players in KC but he's definitely improved as a coach since Philly. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Elam played 65% of snaps. He played well. His missing 35% wasn't the difference.

As he's figured it out recently, he's been out there more and more.

And while I think an awful lot of it was simply the team having an awful day, I totally agree with you about Von. Him not being out there was a huge blow.

It’s not just about playing him it’s a mentality. We’ve heard all year that he needs to be less handsy. 

Plus we need the combination of front 4 pass rush and tight coverage. 

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

People can evolve, learn things and get better as they get older and gain more knowledge. Do you think Andy Reid is exactly the same as he was in Philly? 

I can accept this argument with Dorsey. Are there any signs of McDermott or Frasier adapting?

Even when Von comes back, we still need more production for our inside guys. We haven’t had a dominant inside guy since Kyle Williams. A guy on the inside that can push the pocket and create double teams. Guys like Burrow and Mahomes have the ability to climb in the pocket to create more time. We need more size inside 

7 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

If tonights game wasnt a damning indictment on our coaches and the plate of kaka they served up last week, I dont what else is. It wasnt just the great defensive game plan that KC cooked up but it was also the adjustments that Cinci made on offense to get back in the game. Then it was back to KC to make further adjustments on D to shut down the Bengals again. A total chess match between two great coaching staffs. Meanwhile we get the "connect 4 quality" coaching staff effort from our coaches last Sunday with little planning or strategy and no deviation or adjustments from the plan. 

No our coaches are playing tic-tac-toe......

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I can accept this argument with Dorsey. Are there any signs of McDermott or Frasier adapting?

If I told you after last year’s playoff loss to KC that Shaq Lawson, Greg Rousseau, AJ Epenesa, and Boogie Basham would lead our pass rush in the playoffs what would you say?

Leslie Frazier should be able to get pressure with that group?

Can’t be serious.

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Can you imagine the Bills holding either of those offenses to below 24 points in a playoff game? Yet both of those defenses were able to pull that off despite being lower ranked than us throughout the entire regular season. I'm more and more convinced we are being held back by coaching. What other conclusion can you make?

Wow some people are finally waking up to that realization....

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If I told you after last year’s playoff loss to KC that Shaq Lawson, Greg Rousseau, AJ Epenesa, and Boogie Basham would lead our pass rush in the playoffs what would you say?

Leslie Frazier should be able to get pressure with that group?

Can’t be serious.

Then you adapt with what you’ve got. Would the Bills still lose? Probably. In the shambolic way they did last week? No.

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

I was talking about Reid. No our coaches are stubborn AF and refuse to learn and grow. 

Grow how? People are making these comments like it’s a widespread problem. 

How do you beat KC and Cincinnati? Pass rush and score points! We’ve been saying it for years. 

There is one person we must look at. Brandon Beane. Now the question is does he get a pass because Von got hurt? I’m willing to say yes but criticism is still there because his DL draft picks aren’t able to win 1v1 battles.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Then you adapt with what you’ve got. Would the Bills still lose? Probably. In the shambolic way they did last week? No.

You blitz. Burrow and Mahomes are 2 of the best QBs vs the blitz. There is no adapting. You hope you can win 38-35 or something. Which we should’ve last year. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Grow how? People are making these comments like it’s a widespread problem. 

How do you beat KC and Cincinnati? Pass rush and score points! We’ve been saying it for years. 

There is one person we must look at. Brandon Beane. Now the question is does he get a pass because Von got hurt? I’m willing to say yes but criticism is still there because his DL draft picks aren’t able to win 1v1 battles.

Scheme and gameplanning is a major part of winning vs those teams and McDermott doesn't bring any of that, he's absolutely useless offensively and has a rookie OC with a very green offensive staff.

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.