How the Bengals built their team

Einstein

In the 2022 offseason, the Bengals signed 3 offensive linemen that range between “good” and “stud” level in Collins, Kappa and Karras. All under 29 years old. The Bills signed 2 retread offensive linemen in Quessenberry (32) and Saffold (34).

In the 2020 and 2021 drafts combined, the Bengals drafted stud WR Jamar Chase (1st round), good WR Tee Higgins (2nd round), and three offensive linemen. Our highest pick at offensive playmaker in that time was Gabe Davis in the 4th round.

Benglas value playmakers and linemen. And they have signed/drafted with that value in mind. I hope we follow suit.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

In the 2022 offseason, the Bengals signed 3 offensive linemen that range between “good” and “stud” level in Collins, Kappa and Karras. All under 29 years old. The Bills signed 2 retread offensive linemen in Quessenberry (32) and Saffold (34).

In the 2020 and 2021 drafts combined, the Bengals drafted stud WR Jamar Chase (1st round), good WR Tee Higgins (2nd round), and three offensive linemen. Our highest pick at offensive playmaker in that time was Gabe Davis in the 4th round.

Benglas value playmakers and linemen. And they have signed/drafted with that value in mind. I hope we follow suit.

I will agree that the Bills have neglected to use premium picks on OL in the draft. 

Note that the Bengals had some premium picks too to get Burrow and elite WR1 and WR2 positions.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think the days of "defense wins championships" are long over.  

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bengals went from 2-14 to the SB in two off seasons. We are in year 5.

Now let's be fair. They went 2-14 because they lost Burrow for the year, and that high pick then turned into Chase.

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And linemen.

At the very least a LG and RT plus better depth. Dawkins, Morse and Bates may not be elite but they’ll look a lot better if the other 2 spots are improved.

1 minute ago, JMM said:

Now let's be fair. They went 2-14 because they lost Burrow for the year, and that high pick then turned into Chase.

2-14 was 2019, the year before they drafted Burrow. Then they had the great fortune to lose Burrow and go 4-12 to injury to get that high pick in the 2021 draft. But the rebuild was absurdly fast.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.