Tough Decisions Ahead for Beane!!!

CEN-CAL17

37 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

If Beane and McD lost a huge % of the band wagon fan base = CYA

Wouldn’t say band wagon fans. Been a fan for 30+ years….

I just think fans see JA17 has zero help, the Coordinator are not the guys. Some fans actually understand it’s Siriani, Reid, Shanahan and Zac Taylor running those offenses and look at the QB play. We have Dorsey. I’m sorry but it’s not the recipe. Just think JA17 is having to do way too much, but he could be more talented than anyone in this league at the QB position. It’s crazy to watch how those teams left operate. Then watch how we do things. But yet we are talking about band wagon fans? This ain’t the staff. 

Edited by CEN-CAL17

30 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

I believe the structure upon hiring Beane was that both he and McD would report directly to Pegula.

kind of unique , but any firing would be his call.

This was my understanding as well. They’re basically equal in the hierarchy. Not that anyone is getting fired anyway.

Edited by vincec

Winning the LOS just isn’t possible with our current personnel, even when playing against 2nd teamers.

DL & OL are largely ineffective, regardless of opponent.

No easy solution.  Trade what can be traded, release the rest and accept 3 years of struggling to hit 9 wins.

OL/DL need to be gutted.

Edited by hemma

12 hours ago, zevo said:

Mcd was hired first. From what I understand it is McDs show

IIRC they both are direct reports to Pegula.

11 hours ago, Governor said:

Why not just fire Beane? We have our QB. He doesn’t have anything else to offer us. What would be the harm in firing all of them?

Guys, calm down!  Have you already forgotten 17 straight years without playoffs?  These guys have taken the Bills to the playoffs in 5 out of 6 years and 4 straight!

Edited by BobbyC81

21 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

IIRC they both are direct reports to Pegula.

Guys, calm down!  Have you already forgotten 17 straight years without playoffs?  These guys have taken the Bills to the playoffs in 5 out of 6 years and 4 straight!

That’s cool and all…

But we realize Josh Allen is an All Pro Super Bowl winning caliber player.

We sit and watch Siriani with Hurts and that offense. Watch Reid and Mahomes, Watch Shanahan with damn near any QB and all those playmakers. Watch Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow…..

Is it any surprise those are the top 4 teams left? No, it’s not. We have Josh Allen, who has…. Dorsey. And Diggs. Dorsey was terrible this year and will never raise anywhere to the level of those other offensive guys.

The Bills offensively rely way too much on Josh and Diggs. Defenses take away Diggs and Dorsey has no plan. His lack of creativity or ability to beat defenses is way to obvious. He’s not the guy.

Again, we have a top 3 QB and we will never be able to beat these teams. McDermott needs to surround Josh with a real OC. Or we can kick the can and be happy just making the playoffs 

Without going into too much detail it does seem that McDermott and beane’s relationship is more than just a business one. They are like family and I don’t think they will ever be able to be separated. They both go or no one goes. Getting rid of Frazier doesn’t do much because in the end this is Mcdermott’s defense and Frazier is comfortable within his system. Let’s say McDermott takes over the defense next year is there really going to be any difference? Also with him focusing on the defense more that certainty is not going to help him poor in game mgmt. The Bills org has built a solid foundation and they aren’t laughing stocks anymore but they have a clear ceiling on them and I don’t think there are any easy answers on how this gets fixed. Would love for Sean to hand over the defense and offense to proven guys with a different philosophy but I doubt he has the guts to do it.

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He’s made a ton of wrong ones and failed to act where action was needed since the 2021 off season.  

The Oline is patchwork.  

The RB position isn’t important 

No desperation to compliment Diggs has the rest of the league figures out you need 2 studs minimum. 

The D line is God awful.  I love Rousseau but something is wrong.  

Selecting Basham after Rousseau is so laughably embarrassing

You gave $160 million to a 33 year old DE - great.  I’m glad we have him.  He’s 33.  

You added Hines to have one great game vs New England.  Cool.  

CMC is leading the 49ers to the SB.  

I agree with everything except the CMC comment. The 49ers Oline is something that we can only dream to put together. CMC would be struggling to run behind our current group of non road graders 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.