The pessimism thread - That game didn’t go as planned

Einstein

14 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

The deactivated McKemzie in favor of the corpse of Cole Beasley and corpse of John Brown, both given big roles in the game plan and both predictably played like dog crap.

It's unreal how some people like yourself want to stick your head in the sand then dismiss any deserved criticism of a coach that continues to shoot this team in the foot EVERY playoff. 

Beasley did have a big first down with a great YAC effort and a TD. Then again he had a miss on a not totally accurate pass on the first drive and bounced one to the other team. I wouldn’t call it absolute dog crap though (and I can’t stand the guy).

28 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

The deactivated McKemzie in favor of the corpse of Cole Beasley and corpse of John Brown, both given big roles in the game plan and both predictably played like dog crap.

It's unreal how some people like yourself want to stick your head in the sand then dismiss any deserved criticism of a coach that continues to shoot this team in the foot EVERY playoff. 

McKenzie is hurt.  Hamstring.

12 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Beasley did have a big first down with a great YAC effort and a TD. Then again he had a miss on a not totally accurate pass on the first drive and bounced one to the other team. I wouldn’t call it absolute dog crap though (and I can’t stand the guy).

I love Beasley, but the dude is literally a corpse of himself, he's lost all his athleticism he's so slow gets no separation, he was like that last year it was time to move on. 

John Brown stop running and making no effort to go after that football is unacceptable. He's soft.

6 minutes ago, Casey D said:

McKenzie is hurt.  Hamstring.

McKenzie said himself it was minor and would not prevent him from playing. Coaches decision. 

Regardless even if you

I were to concede the point of the "injury" the player said himself wouldn't impact him from playing, giving that large of a role to Brown and Beasley is inexcusable and it created 2 turnovers. 

51 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

You realize McKenzie had a hamstring injury and was DNP Thursday and limited Friday and was listed as Questionable right?

Philips was listed as Questionable as well and didn't play either...was there some sort of conspiracy with that too?

I thought Beasley made some key plays and scored a TD...or were you still too up in arms to notice that?

28 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I love Beasley, but the dude is literally a corpse of himself, he's lost all his athleticism he's so slow gets no separation, he was like that last year it was time to move on. 

John Brown stop running and making no effort to go after that football is unacceptable. He's soft.

McKenzie said himself it was minor and would not prevent him from playing. Coaches decision. 

Regardless even if you

I were to concede the point of the "injury" the player said himself wouldn't impact him from playing, giving that large of a role to Brown and Beasley is inexcusable and it created 2 turnovers. 

Brown:  28% of the snaps + 1 target = that large of a role Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF

Beasley played 42% and had a TD and 29 yard catch.  

9/16 3rd down conversions- 316 passing yards.  Over 100 rushing yards.  

the passing game didn’t suffer because McKenzie was out. McKenzie wouldn’t have reduced the 7 sacks or the turnover. 

15 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I've been against Cole being here, not because of the off the field stuff, I just didn't think he had it anymore. After Sunday's game I feel just the opposite on Cole, I was encouraged by what I saw. The miss catches will fix themselves with more playing time, but he found the endzone and showed good quickness on his 29 yard catch and run. 2 things he didn't do for a good chunk of last season. Add to that he just seems like a totally different person now. I can admit I was wrong and I'll eat some crow on this one. I'm 100%  glad he's back.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:27 PM, Big Turk said:

You realize McKenzie had a hamstring injury and was DNP Thursday and limited Friday and was listed as Questionable right?

Philips was listed as Questionable as well and didn't play either...was there some sort of conspiracy with that too?

I thought Beasley made some key plays and scored a TD...or were you still too up in arms to notice that?

McKenzie stated himself that the injury would not prevent him from playing,  i.e. coach's decision.

Regardless the decision to make Beasley and Brown large contributors to the gameplan was ridiculous and directly cost us 2 turnovers.  John Brown who stopped running then made zero effort to catch the ball, and Beasley having one go threw through his hands, off his chest, and to the defense. John Brown played just about the same snaps as James Cook. 

We are lucky we didn't lose that game. 

On 1/16/2023 at 8:40 PM, NewEra said:

Brown:  28% of the snaps + 1 target = that large of a role Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF

Beasley played 42% and had a TD and 29 yard catch.  

9/16 3rd down conversions- 316 passing yards.  Over 100 rushing yards.  

the passing game didn’t suffer because McKenzie was out. McKenzie wouldn’t have reduced the 7 sacks or the turnover. 

John Brown played 2 less snaps than James Cook. Yes, that is a large role in the gameplan. Unless you think Cook doesn't have a large role in this offense???

Yes, McKenzie would have reduced the turnovers, Beasley had one go through his hands and clank of his chest to the defense... John Brown stopped running then made zero effort to catch the other. 

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

McKenzie stated himself that the injury would not prevent him from playing,  i.e. coach's decision.

Regardless the decision to make Beasley and Brown large contributors to the gameplan was ridiculous and directly cost us 2 turnovers.  John Brown who stopped running then made zero effort to catch the ball, and Beasley having one go threw through his hands, off his chest, and to the defense. John Brown played just about the same snaps as James Cook. 

John Brown played 2 less snaps than James Cook. Yes, that is a large role in the gameplan. Unless you think Cook doesn't have a large role in this offense???

Yes, McKenzie would have reduced the turnovers, Beasley had one go through his hands and clank of his chest to the defense... John Brown stopped running then made zero effort to catch the other. 

No, it’s not.  Cook was underutilized vs miami-  he routinely had 40-50%snap count  the last month+ (one time under 40%) 

“yes, Mckenzie would’ve reduced the turnovers”-  ROFL

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Hamstrings are not something you want to risk playing with half ass. Players always will try and play through stuff, it's up to the trainers and coaching staff to do what's best for them and the team.

So if he played and then went down early 2nd quarter from reaggravating the injury and the Bills didn't someone ready that would make more sense.

Hamstrings are notorious for feeling fine and then all of a sudden pulling again once a sudden movement happens, only then a little worse than before.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not sure what people were expecting it’s playoff football. We had several close games. This was last weekend in. Ours was no exception not to mention the fact that they play us in the east and it was the third time that we’ve seen them. Those games are always tough.

We weren't expecting the Fish to lose by 3 in a tense, close game, made that way SOLELY through the Bills own huge mistakes and sloppy football...which is probably now to be expected.

The whole "division rival" thing is over played.  Look at the stats in this game!  We should have won by 21.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.