Biden, A Good American President, Pilfers Classified Docs

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Somethings definitely not working correctly if people keep walking off the job with government property. 

A stapler or monitor might be government property. Not the same as secret/top secret/SCI documents. Let’s not minimize what’s taking place. 

• Like (+1) 1

For a solution, my simple brain thinks,… Prior to a change in Presidential administrations, the National Archives should send letter to President/ VP with copy sent to relevant committee(s) in Congress notifying them of the missing documents that must be returned. Shed daylight on the issue to coerce the administration to find/return the docs or they know they will be investigated. There needs to be a check on executive privilege.

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Republicans, FBI and the media should investigate the crap out of this story as with Trump’s classified document possession scandal. Clearly the government has systemic issues with controlling the distribution and recovery of classified documents. That problem should be fixed. Maybe that is an issue Ds and Rs can work together on fixing. 

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Somethings definitely not working correctly if people keep walking off the job with government property. 

Seems like just yesterday it was a personal accountability issue, all on the individual,  but now, suddenly, almost as if by magic, systemic inequity in the administrative arm of the federal government is compelling former VPs to possess top secret files illegally for 5-7 years.   

Shocking turn of events, really.  

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Seems like just yesterday it was a personal accountability issue, all on the individual,  but now, suddenly, almost as if by magic, systemic inequity in the administrative arm of the federal government is compelling former VPs to possess top secret files illegally for 5-7 years.   

Shocking turn of events, really.  

It’s still the same thing.

People shouldn’t be able to walk away with government property, especially sensitive documents. Those that do so intentionally or refuse to return them when they find them should be investigated. 

It’s really not that hard. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, ChiGoose said:

People shouldn’t be able to walk away with government property, especially sensitive documents. Those that do so intentionally or refuse to return them when they find them should be investigated. 

I suggested early on that that Trump’s actions, and possession of classified material was best judged in context with what other presidents have done.  I suggested the same thing yesterday after it was revealed Biden broke the law nearly 7 years ago. I laughed today when I heard about Joe’s attorneys screwing him a second time, partly because I was right, partly because it’s par for the Joe Biden course, and partly in anticipation of the spin cycle I would see here.  I have not been disappointed. 

Investigate thoroughly most high ranking politicians past/present, you’ll find this stuff.  Kick some doors down and seize control of the property, you’ll find even more.  It’s human nature.  

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Yes, Biden is guilty of having government documents he shouldn’t have. 

However, simple possession is rarely prosecuted if people cooperate with law enforcement since their main goal is to get the property back, so they want to encourage cooperation. 

At this point, that’s the difference between the situations: when Biden’s team found the documents, they immediately notified authorities and turned them over while Trump obstructed law enforcement. 

Biden’s case is being managed by a Trump-appointed US Attorney so we’ll see if more evidence comes out about how he handled this. If it was simply packing up a bunch of stuff and not realizing he had the docs, there won’t be a punishment. If it was something more nefarious, he could be in legal jeopardy. 

The documents were moved twice.  If they truly took them mistakenly (doubtful at best) that means they knew about them at least the first time they were moved.  They should have been returned then.  That's a lack of cooperation.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

For a solution, my simple brain thinks,… Prior to a change in Presidential administrations, the National Archives should send letter to President/ VP with copy sent to relevant committee(s) in Congress notifying them of the missing documents that must be returned. Shed daylight on the issue to coerce the administration to find/return the docs or they know they will be investigated. There needs to be a check on executive privilege.

I’m thinking “Don’t deliberately remove top secret documents and treat them like the menu of the local Chinese take out place” would do it. 

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

The documents were moved twice.  If they truly took them mistakenly (doubtful at best) that means they knew about them at least the first time they were moved.  They should have been returned then.  That's a lack of cooperation.

Could be. Or they could have been in a box.

If they discovered them during the previous move and did nothing, they should be indicted. 

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Could be. Or they could have been in a box.

If they discovered them during the previous move and did nothing, they should be indicted. 

I think we can agree that the documents weren't mistakenly taken (same goes for Trump's).  Do you think that "we didn't know the classified documents were in the box we moved" is an honest answer?  Do you think it's an acceptable answer?

As for indicting, I'm not saying to go that far. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think we can agree that the documents weren't mistakenly taken (same goes for Trump's).  Do you think that "we didn't know the classified documents were in the box we moved" is an honest answer?  Do you think it's an acceptable answer?

As for indicting, I'm not saying to go that far. 

I’m saying there’s a lot we still don’t know. 

If they knew they had the documents all along, why turn them over now? They could have just kept them and nobody would have known. 

Instead of wanton speculation, I’d rather there just be an investigation that gets to the bottom of it.

If they truly didn’t know and turned them over once they found them, then they should get nothing more than a stern talking to. If they did know and tried to cover it up all this time, there should be more dire consequences. 

In any event, we definitely need better controls around sensitive documents. 

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

2024 democrat party plan is starting.

Pay attention to Hillary Clintons moves lately. its like she is lining up to something. 

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Honestly their is almost no need to be printing these things out anymore.

Major industries use electronic controls on their IP and seem to do a much better job controlling it, than the state

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m saying there’s a lot we still don’t know. 

If they knew they had the documents all along, why turn them over now? They could have just kept them and nobody would have known. 

Instead of wanton speculation, I’d rather there just be an investigation that gets to the bottom of it.

If they truly didn’t know and turned them over once they found them, then they should get nothing more than a stern talking to. If they did know and tried to cover it up all this time, there should be more dire consequences. 

In any event, we definitely need better controls around sensitive documents. 

We know and don't have to speculate that the classified documents were intentionally taken by Biden and possessed for many years.  That right there is a crime, period, as he didn't have the authority to declassify anything (and if one wants to say that Obama could have, then the same applies to Trump).  Saying "he might not have known they were there" is improper handling of classified information and also a crime.  It has little to do with "cooperation" but I know why you're fixated on that particular point. 

The issue is more about what was being done with the documents and as I've been saying, if Hilly got off because they couldn't prove intent, the same applies to Trump and even Biden.  So the Dems have a choice to make: cease and desist with Trump (give him a "stern talking to") or face Biden being impeached.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Why the mystery about the second location? My bet it was either Joe’s house or vacation home. Maybe even the crack addicts place. Have to keep it a mystery as long as possible. Might constitute what they call a “bad look”. 

You would think that the raid(s) would have already happened...

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Why the mystery about the second location? My bet it was either Joe’s house or vacation home. Maybe even the crack addicts place. Have to keep it a mystery as long as possible. Might constitute what they call a “bad look”. 

better than the spy ridden den of Mar a Lago 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

You would think that the raid(s) would have already happened...

Why? He fully cooperated and returned them seven years later. He also publicly claimed that he didn't know they were there, so why the out on a limb suspicion that there might be more that he is unaware of?

• Haha (+1) 1