final DVOA stats up - Bills #1 overall

dave mcbride

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I think that will be determined following the season. The playoffs is the only season that matters. 

I still don’t see the Dorsey criticism…idk if he’s great but he’s certainly better than any guys that are unemployed right now.  There were extremely make-able plays that our guys just didn’t execute in all three losses.  

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yesterday was a huge plus for special teams for sure.  

Not sure about #2 on offense anymore.  To start the year yes but it has but up ad down since then.     

Have ya watched the NFL ths year?!!? EVERY team has been up and down this year.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

Imagine how fun it will be if we starting clicking again for the playoffs. We all know Super Bowls are won when you peak at the right time. 

Exactly. Everything that is past is prologue to this. Get hot now and ride that for four games. One thing I think this team has shown us over the last two years is focus is a little bit of an issue. Everyone should be fully focused now, the Hamlin issue will be behind them, the slog of the regular season is over.

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Have ya watched the NFL ths year?!!? EVERY team has been up and down this year.

This bills team has been one of the least up and down teams I’ve ever seen lol I’m not sure what people are expecting.  Every loss was by a tiny margin and there weren’t any games like we’ve seen the last few years where we are bad in all three phases 

we blew out a couple teams early in the year and people now expect it every time? 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My eyes are seeing that the Bills haven't lost a game since Nov. 13th and that their three losses were by a total of 8 points combined .. and that the Bills have the 2nd best point differential in the NFL.

Passing with flying colors, in my opinion.

Just to expand, the Bills' positive point differential on a per-game basis was 10.5, and the 49ers differential was 10.2. So, Bills win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I still don’t see the Dorsey criticism…idk if he’s great but he’s certainly better than any guys that are unemployed right now.  There were extremely make-able plays that our guys just didn’t execute in all three losses.  

I also think there is an element of wanting to keep some things under wraps and off film for the playoffs for at least a good couple of weeks now. I think Daboll was doing the same thing last year and had to get out of and break out the good material before he wanted to in TB because the team was in trouble.

Why haven't we ridden Cook? Why show it off before you need it? Etc.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Which shows that the advanced metrics are meaningless.

Yeah, why would anyone believe them that a 13-3 team one point behind best point differential in the league is any good? Clearly, all the teams that score less and allow more are better. 

Just now, arcane said:

Yeah, why would anyone believe them that a 13-3 team one point behind best point differential in the league is any good? Clearly, all the teams that score less and allow more are better. 

To clarify because people should be aware of this, the Bills had the best point differential in the league on a per game basis. Which is what matters.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yeah it’s tough.  I think our offense has been good but not great.  Some expect greatness with 17, but don’t take into considering a bad OL and average WR unit.

I don’t dislike him, but he had me worried mid season.  Depending on how the O fares in the playoffs, I think his future could be up in the air, but McD will keep him 💯  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I want to believe we have the best team in the NFL. Let's go out and prove it these playoffs!

D and receivers not named Diggs have to step up.

If they insist on playing Davis, hope he finds his playoff switch from last season.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

But does it?

Yes, it does. To believe otherwise suggests that one thinks Eric Dickerson's 2,105 yards in 16 games is the real record rather than the 2,003 OJ ran for in 14 games. OJ averaged nearly 150 yards per game in 1973. You really think he wouldn't have surpassed 2,105 with two more games?  

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Imagine how fun it will be if we starting clicking again for the playoffs. We all know Super Bowls are won when you peak at the right time. 

Even if Buffalo wins the superbowl, this miserable forum would be full of "move on from x player" / "fire x coach" posts the next day.

• Agree 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Yes, it does. To believe otherwise suggests that one thinks Eric Dickerson's 2,105 yards in 16 games is the real record rather than the 2,003 OJ ran for in 14 games. OJ averaged nearly 150 yards per game in 1973. You really think he wouldn't have surpassed 2,105 with two more games?  

Let me know when the parade for #1 DVOA is then. I'm not suggesting that it's not important that people know we were better than SF, I'm suggesting nobody cares about the stat in general. Nobody is having a 20th anniversary for that #1 DVOA team. Is it nice? Sure, whatever.

Just now, Buffalo ill said:

Even if Buffalo wins the superbowl, this miserable forum would be full of "move on from x player" / "fire x coach" posts the next day.

I don't think most of us will be awake the next day at least until well after noon and we will all be at a parade on Tuesday. Wednesday? Yeah, probably.

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I also think there is an element of wanting to keep some things under wraps and off film for the playoffs for at least a good couple of weeks now. I think Daboll was doing the same thing last year and had to get out of and break out the good material before he wanted to in TB because the team was in trouble.

Why haven't we ridden Cook? Why show it off before you need it? Etc.

I can certainly hope our coaches are holding out some plays.  The lil quick dumpoff dart to Diggs seems like just such a play.  Something our guys got down pat in practice for just that situation.  

I am also hopeful that Josh not taking the easy checkdowns to always try for the endzone lately when smarter to take the yds for new 1st down is actually him convincing everybody that he won't take the easy stuff.  Then might see him switch that up for playoffs.  The new tape will have coord not sure which to plan against.  I think it may make Bills harder to gsmeplsn for and it's already hard due to Josh and his arm and running.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

I can certainly hope our coaches are holding out some plays.  The lil quick dumpoff dart to Diggs seems like just such a play.  Something our guys got down pat in practice for just that situation.  

I am also hopeful that Josh not taking the easy checkdowns to always try for the endzone lately when smarter to take the yds for new 1st down is actually him convincing everybody that he won't take the easy stuff.  Then might see him switch that up for playoffs.  The new tape will have coord not sure which to plan against.  I think it may make Bills harder to gsmeplsn for and it's already hard due to Josh and his arm and running.

Will be even harder to gameplan if receivers not named Diggs can make a DC have to worry about who's covering them.  Smoke and Knox involved yesterday is a good sign, but Davis and McK do not scare me and likely don't any other team.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.