NFL Playoff Schedule

BLeonard

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Seattle San Fran will be a blow out…. And Bills Dolphins has potential to be blow out as well if Tua is out. 

All the games could potentially be blowouts. Of course, there could always be a surprise Cinderella team. It would be cool if it were the Giants.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Per NBC:

Sat - 4:30 - FOX   SEA @ SF

Sat - 8:15 - NBC - LAC @ JAX

Sun - 1:00 - CBS - MIA @ BUF

Sun - 4:30 - FOX - NYG @ MIN

Sun  - 8:15 - NBC - BLT @ CIN

Mon - 8:15 - ESPN - DAL @ TB

Cincinnati is playing against a BLT? Damn I guess I know who we're playing in the 2nd round.

BTW where would Bills-Bengals be played?

Is that also a coin flip game?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Cincinnati is playing against a BLT? Damn I guess I know who we're playing in the 2nd round.

In Buffalo. Only if Buffalo and KC meet in the championship game will there be a neutral field. (And Baltimore will be playing at Cincy next week, with no coin flip needed (due to records)).

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

No, because we are a full game ahead of them 13-3, and they are 12-4. As opposed to the Chiefs who are only a half game ahead 14-3. The NFL doesn't consider the Bills/Bengals game to exist anymore so the "what-ifs" of if they beat us don't either. Its the opposite caveat to the Chiefs stealing the 1st seed. Crap rolls down hill I guess. 

Pretty terrible that the two teams that put the player and their teams first were the most negatively impacted by NFL's makeshift rule changes. You'd think if the NFL had a backbone they'd have moved mountains to get the game played at another date even if it means moving the playoffs back a week, to ensure that both Cincinatti and Buffalo get the opportunity to maximize their playoff positions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

No, because we are a full game ahead of them 13-3, and they are 12-4. As opposed to the Chiefs who are only a half game ahead 14-3. The NFL doesn't consider the Bills/Bengals game to exist anymore so the "what-ifs" of if they beat us don't either. Its the opposite caveat to the Chiefs stealing the 1st seed. Crap rolls down hill I guess. 

Pretty terrible that the two teams that put the player and their teams first were the most negatively impacted by NFL's makeshift rule changes. You'd think if the NFL had a backbone they'd have moved mountains to get the game played at another date even if it means moving the playoffs back a week, to ensure that both Cincinatti and Buffalo get the opportunity to maximize their playoff positions.

Well, I am starting to look at our situation positively:

1. We get to play Cincy (if both teams win) at home.

2. We could have avoided Cincy if we were number 1, but then we would have still had to play them in Week 17. So we play them one way or another.

3. We don't get the bye, but we had our bye last week.

4. We could have lost to Cincy in Week 17, so playing KC at a neutral site might be a good thing.

5. Not getting a bye now means we don't lose rhythm. We have won 7 in a row. 

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Odds to make Super Bowl from Caesar's Sports Book (via ESPN: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35378729/nfl-playoffs-bracket-preview-schedule-super-bowl-chances-all-14-teams-matchups-watch)

AFC:

KC +330

BUF +420

CIN +800

LAC +2200

BAL +3500

JAX +5000

MIA +6000

NFC:

SF +450

PHI +550

DAL +1300

MIN +3000

TB +3000

SEA +5000

NYG +6000

I cannot recall a year where so many teams are entering the playoffs on such hot streaks. The Bills, KC, Bengals, 49ers and Jags all have not lost since November. Most years it seems that teams sit and rest their starters in the final game but there was so much separation between the haves and have nots this season that the playoff contenders couldn’t afford to do that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lewes said:

I wish it were someone other than Dallas sending TB12 home!

The glass can be half full also - no matter who loses, we win!

15 minutes ago, Stads said:

So glad we got the only 1:00 game and I work until 3 Sunday

homer simpson GIF

I told my wife she could take a girls weekend because I really wanted to make sure I could have the next weekend for the Divisional game, forgot my son has an appt. at 1 on Sunday.

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Agreed on both of your points. If I were a Bengals fan I'd be sorely upset about playing the Bills in Buffalo on the heels of the compassionate cancellation.

Also I thought the Bills-Bengals would be made up either utilizing the 2 weeks between the championship games and the Super Bowl and/or pushing the Super Bowl back one week. Apparently the logistical/financial dominos were too inert.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.