You Can't Defeat Me

ArtVandalay

You need to watch the entirety but the first part is the best piece the first 8-9 minutes. 

The Buffalo Bills are at a cross roads where they will either be broken or galvanized.

These players and coaches have faced adversity throughout their lives age their careers to get to this point, it's a dog fight, but the latest event really cut them, but the cut is the final part of the process is creating a diamond.

I feel this team comes together and throttles their competition moving forward. There's nothing in a game that can happen that will shake them. Getting Hamlin back in the building and and around the team will be huge during playoffs if that happens in time. 

Recycle your pain into a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Had 3 cats back in the declaw cat era. One was rogue, wife would let it out, the other 2 never ventured out.

Never knew a clawless cat could kill so well. Little headless bunnies stashed around the house was routine.

He was my favorite.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Had 3 cats back in the declaw cat era. One was rogue, wife would let it out, the other 2 never ventured out.

Never knew a clawless cat could kill so well. Little headless bunnies stashed around the house was routine.

He was my favorite.

Cats get meaner when you declaw them because you take away their defenses

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

You need to watch the entirety but the first part is the best piece the first 8-9 minutes. 

The Buffalo Bills are at a cross roads where they will either be broken or galvanized.

These players and coaches have faced adversity throughout their lives age their careers to get to this point, it's a dog fight, but the latest event really cut them, but the cut is the final part of the process is creating a diamond.

I feel this team comes together and throttles their competition moving forward. There's nothing in a game that can happen that will shake them. Getting Hamlin back in the building and and around the team will be huge during playoffs if that happens in time. 

Imo this isn't even a question anymore. Maybe on Tuesday it would've been, but once they got news of Damar's improvement, Mario demanded they go achieve their goals for the season and now Damar facetiming them, that team is as galvanized as any team could be.

I agree with the OP.  This team is now more motivated then I think they have ever been.  I wouldn't want to be the Patriots tomorrow.  The game could be over by the end of the 1st quarter.

The team will carry this motivation right through the playoffs.  If I was any other team I would not want to play these guys at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Honestly I can't stand motivational speaker schtick.  They aren't actual leaders, they're people who learn rhetoric and get paid to talk at corporate retreats. 

People raising money for uninsured dying relatives, people being shot execution style?  Those are grave symptoms of social disease, not a "dog fight".

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Honestly I can't stand motivational speaker schtick.  They aren't actual leaders, they're people who learn rhetoric and get paid to talk at corporate retreats. 

People raising money for uninsured dying relatives, people being shot execution style?  Those are grave symptoms of social disease, not a "dog fight".

exactly, right?  who on earth would feel the need to pay to be in that room to listen too that?

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

exactly, right?  who on earth would feel the need to pay to be in that room to listen too that?

I've been at conferences where the supposed highlight was a speaker like this.  Someone describing all the bad things that had happened to him, and how he overcame them.  I was bored silly, and offended that someone thought all of us needed to hear it.  

I have had enough challenges and setbacks in my life, and I overcame them.  Should I get up and tell MY story, aggressively, as if I think it's necessary to challenge the audience to disagree with me?

Total BS.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Apologies to the OP for going with the thread hijack, but yeah, I've endured one-too-many motivational speakers in my career.  But I will toss in a positive - I saw Jerry Linenger a few years back.  NASA astronaut that was on the MIR space station when they had a fire aboard in 1997.  (Side note - they learned NOT to blow on even small flames in zero gravity, because the flames seek the oxygen, and leap right back at your face; remember that, aspiring astronauts of TSW).  THAT was interesting for the subject matter, and I put my "demotivated" filter on so as to ignore the parables and thought experiments.  But I'd see him again.

16 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

My hope, too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.