Mahomes vs Allen or Mahomes vs Burrow

Mikie2times

The narrative is Mahomes and Allen, but only Burrow and Mahomes have reached a Super Bowl. Burrow has never lost to Mahomes. 

I stumbled across this video on Burrow and it really made me think.

One, I have eaten at the restaurant this is being filmed in. More importantly. Joe "Kool", he's not really Joe ____ . He just doesn't give that many F's. Which made me think of this video on you tube 

It's not that he's an elite leader, he's just indifferent to the noise because he knows its all just WWE and holy hell that has to matter in clutch moments.

Josh on the other hand is a puppy and that is not an insult. Outside of two-three countries we all love puppies. They're pure energy and enthusiasm but puppies will get too excited and piss on the carpet. Puppies have higher swings. They burn brighter and fade quicker. 

The video is intimidating, this guy actually makes me more nervous than Mahomes and the start of that game we didn't finish didn't ease my concerns.  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

That's probably one of the dumbest analogies I've ever read

You mean you've never seen a snarling, bloodthirsty 250 lb puppy with raging mad eyes violently and repeatedly assault an opposing defense when food is on the table? :doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I'll take whatever you're smoking. It got to be some good sh!t man. Wtf did I just read?😂

The cliff notes, Joe B is very underrated, he's in Allen's class. We never talk about him.  

1 minute ago, Simon said:

You've never seen a snarling, bloodthirsty puppy with raging mad eyes violently and repeatedly assault an opposing defense when food is on the table? :doh:

I see an overexcited kid slamming into a big pile. Joe B would slide. It's logical. I'm not slamming Josh at all. I didn't think of Joe B as even being in this convo, but he is and we should respect that he is. Again, he's as big a threat as Mahomes and the Chiefs.  

• Vomit 2

11 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

The cliff notes, Joe B is very underrated, he's in Allen's class. We never talk about him.  

I see an overexcited kid slamming into a big pile. Joe B would slide. It's logical. I'm not slamming Josh at all. I didn't think of Joe B as even being in this convo, but he is and we should respect that he is. Again, he's as big a threat as Mahomes and the Chiefs.  

That’s two… your analogies are ridiculous and please stop before…well I’m afraid you should slide. Joe B is good, his receivers are great but your posts… let the games be played. 

There’s a puppy looking to do more than go to aSB and lose.

The puppy thing is getting misunderstood. Puppies are amazing, incredible, aggressive, reckless, overexcited. Josh always seems to arrive back at this place at some point. He is 100x better than he was two years ago. 50x better than last year. Is he ever going to be like a Joe Burrow? No. If you actually watch that entire video, Joe B just doesn't care about football enough to piss on the carpet.

It matters, the dude is just cold blooded as a result of indifference and he gets the ball out as fast as anybody not named Brady. All we do is talk about Mahomes, once in awhile I hear about Herbert. I think the real threat is in southern Ohio. That is what this thread is about. 

I'm also sure as hell not saying I don't want Josh as my guy. He's our damn guy. Nobody on this forum even brings the Bengals up. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KzooMike said:

He was unfortunate last year to follow the greatest playoff game ever. But besides that, I find it very foolish to say he isn't talked about. There's been plenty of discussion by the media this year about Burrow. To the point that the last month or so they haven't shut up about him. In that regard it took Josh years getting to where here is now, from a media coverage & respect standpoint. Gotta earn it and it takes more than a year to do so. 

Coming into their game I was looking at their playoff run. 4 games, 5 td passes, 21 scoring drives, but 14 end in fgs. One could make a very compelling argument that McPherson was their MVP of their playoff run last year, not Burrow.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He was unfortunate last year to follow the greatest playoff game ever. But besides that, I find it very foolish to say he isn't talked about. There's been plenty of discussion by the media this year about Burrow. To the point that the last month or so they haven't shut up about him. In that regard it took Josh years getting to where here is now, from a media coverage & respect standpoint. Gotta earn it and it takes more than a year to do so. 

Coming into their game I was looking at their playoff run. 4 games, 5 td passes, 21 scoring drives, but 14 end in fgs. One could make a very compelling argument that McPherson was their MVP of their playoff run last year, not Burrow.

Dude, if SDS could tell us how many times Mahomes has been mentioned vs Burrow it would be 10 to 1

7 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Dude, if SDS could tell us how many times Mahomes has been mentioned vs Burrow it would be 10 to 1

The Chiefs wouldn't have only scored 7 tds on 21 scoring drives either. Because Mahomes is far better than that. Just for reference Buffalo scored on 12 of 16 drives in the playoffs last yeat. All of them ended with a td. A 75% td rate for a playoff season. He threw almost twice as many tds, in half the games Burrow played in(9 vs 5). Do that and then he'll be mentioned with those 2. Don't be carried by your fg kicker in the playoffs. But we get it, you love Burrow. Cool.😎 

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

11 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

The Chiefs wouldn't have only scored 7 tds on 21 scoring drives either. Because Mahomes is far better than that. Just for reference Buffalo scored on 12 of 16 drives in the playoffs last yeat. All of them ended with a td. A 75% td rate for a playoff season. He threw almost twice as many tds, in half the games Burrow played in(9 vs 5). Do that and then he'll be mentioned with those 2. Don't be carried by your fg kicker in the playoffs. But we get it, you love Burrow. Cool.😎 

As I said, puppies get excited and do really well sometimes. All of us know how those stats were generated. Josh will remain my guy. Always. The people in this thread are delusional if they think Mahomes is our only threat or even that he's the main threat. Just as much if you think this is an anti Allen thread. None of you watched any of the videos. I didn't feel like I do now until I did. It's not an act, he doesn't give a F and it matters. That doesn't mean I want him to be our QB.

This is a more of a FML the Bengals are possibly as a big or worse a threat as KC and nobody here respects that at all. Which makes it even worse. 

Edited by KzooMike

44 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

The narrative is Mahomes and Allen, but only Burrow and Mahomes have reached a Super Bowl. Burrow has never lost to Mahomes. 

I stumbled across this video on Burrow and it really made me think.

One, I have eaten at the restaurant this is being filmed in. More importantly. Joe "Kool", he's not really Joe ____ . He just doesn't give that many F's. Which made me think of this video on you tube 

It's not that he's an elite leader, he's just indifferent to the noise because he knows its all just WWE and holy hell that has to matter in clutch moments.

Josh on the other hand is a puppy and that is not an insult. Outside of two-three countries we all love puppies. They're pure energy and enthusiasm but puppies will get too excited and piss on the carpet. Puppies have higher swings. They burn brighter and fade quicker. 

The video is intimidating, this guy actually makes me more nervous than Mahomes and the start of that game we didn't finish didn't ease my concerns.  

Did you watch Allen's performance in last year's playoffs?

It was the greatest QB performance in NFL history in the playoffs. 2 games, 9 TDs, 0 INTs, 14 total incompletions, QB rating 149.0

Did you compare what Burrow did? No comparison.

Oh yeah, Allen also has the highest QB rating in NFL postseason history.

When the chips are down, the lights are brightest, the stage is biggest and the game matters the most, there is nobody I am taking over Allen. He plays his best in those moments.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

The puppy thing is getting misunderstood.

I think because it's damning him with faint praise.

You need a more equitable comparison to credit both guys, two sides of the same coin as it were.

Joe Burrow is the calm, collected, intelligent and analytical Bruce Banner. Until he turns green and becomes Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KzooMike said:

As I said, puppies get excited and do really well sometimes. All of us know how those stats were generated. Josh will remain my guy. Always. The people in this thread are delusional if they think Mahomes is our only threat or even that he's the main threat. Just as much if you think this is an anti Allen thread. None of you watched any of the videos. I didn't feel like I do now until I did. It's not an act, he doesn't give a F. It matters. That doesn't mean I want him to be our QB. This isn't an anti Allen thread. This is a, FML the Bengals are possibly as a big or worse a threat as KC and nobody here respects that at all. Which makes it even worse. Peace out on this thread. Let the rest of the crowd respond to the subject like it's a Allen hate thread, not watch the videos, then post like topic matter experts. 

How much exactly is Burrow and how much is having 3 unbelievable weapons at WR. Diggs is awesome, but Josh doesn't have anything close to what Burrow has. Yet their passing stats are really close and then you have to account for the big difference in Josh's rushing stats. Either way what I'm saying is Josh would have alot, lot better stats throwing to those 3, a far better OL and having a former OC for a HC. Burrow has all the advantages yet is only even at best.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.