Prime Time Josh vs Sunday 1pm Sugar Rush Josh

freddyjj

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

Wow, that's a great website.  I wasn't familiar with it.

Now there goes the rest of my day...

Haha - I just discovered it myself - know what you mean!

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

2021 kind of weird year: “ wind game” at home vs NE.. @TEN slip on QB sneak or it’s a likely win. Prime time Josh will show up for this one. 

Agree - both games last year winnable.

Young people tend to be night owls (unlike old farts like me). Maybe nights just simply suit his internal clock better. 

I'm most productive at the start of the day - an early morning person and ready to put my feet up by 4pm.  My wife rarely gets out of bed before 10am and doesn't get into gear much before 2pm. Drives me nuts. Just as I'm winding down, she's in 'let's get going on the list' mode.  I got your list right here honey!

Maybe Josh is just at built for optimum performance in the evenings.  Hoping that rings true this coming Monday night.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Young people tend to be night owls (unlike old farts like me). Maybe nights just simply suit his internal clock better. 

I'm most productive at the start of the day - an early morning person and ready to put my feet up by 4pm.  My wife rarely gets out of bed before 10am and doesn't get into gear much before 2pm. Drives me nuts. Just as I'm winding down, she's in 'let's get going on the list' mode.  I got your list right here honey!

Maybe Josh is just at built for optimum performance in the evenings.  Hoping that rings true this coming Monday night.

Good thing the Super Bowl is played at night!

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Blah Blah said:

One thing I see that Josh needs to do...get rid of the "Choose Love" on the back of his helmet. It's a fatal flaw that makes him soft, makes him have mercy. He needs to be a hardass to win it all like Brady, who'd run up the score against the Bills once to 58 I remember. .

His helmet may say "Choose Love", but in reality, he chooses violence!

18 hours ago, Blah Blah said:

One thing I see that Josh needs to do...get rid of the "Choose Love" on the back of his helmet. It's a fatal flaw that makes him soft, makes him have mercy. He needs to be a hardass to win it all like Brady, who'd run up the score against the Bills once to 58 I remember. .

We need to come up with the perfect, platonic, universal slur. 

"To put on Josh's helmet?" 

What about Josh's helmet?

20 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

It’s such a blessing that he rises to the occasion when the lights are brightest. 

Remember during the drought, how every time they put the Bills on prime time, you could pretty well expect that we would not only lose, but disgrace ourselves in the process?  

Now our team actually plays its best football on national broadcasts.  Not that we win every game of course, but even our losses tend to be the sort of losses that makes neutrals think more highly of our team, like last year's playoff game against KC.  It's wonderful.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, SoMAn said:

i was going to post something along this line yesterday. i started a new job in sept. i have worked 2 pm to 10 pm for years this new job is 6 am to 5.pm and i just can not get used to mornings. no matter what i try im ways tired in the morning. around 5 6 pm i just naturally wake up and have energy. Josh just might be night owl. good thing the big games are usually afternoon/evening games lol

On 12/27/2022 at 5:19 PM, ChasBB said:

Josh is 3-3 all-time on MNF ...
2020: 2-1
2021: 0-2
2022: 1-0

Here's his stats on MNF ...
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/josh-allen-monday-night-football

2021 deserves an asterisk because his defense couldn’t stop a cold against the Titans and the other game made him so made at New England he only beat 47-0 in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, freddyjj said:

Albeit this year's Bills broadcast Schedule has been bizarre given the amount of Prime Time slots (Rams, Titans, Lions, NE, MIA, (KC) Late SUN CBS Nat'l feed) and then our usual SUN 1pm kickoffs.  I had a feeling there was a discrepancy between Josh on National TV vs the SUN 1pm kickoffs, and boy, it seems there is.  

Primetime Josh in 7 National games has an average Rating of 106,  has thrown 20 TDs and 5 INTs.  Bills are 7-0!

Sunday 1pm Sugar Rush Josh in 8 regional games average Rating of 85, has thrown 12 Tds and 8 INTsBills are 5-3.

Admittedly a small sample size, many prime time games were early in year before elbow injury and weather was an issue in 3-4 early time slot games.  I have seen many posters here surmise Josh gets really focused for the bright lights.   Food for thought here.

edited with Bold for emphasis and to show records in said games.  Also edited to reflect GB as prime time game, Thx @BigDingus

I can remember a couple years ago, around the time of the Houston playoff loss, it was all about how Josh got too hyped up playing Primetime Games and Sugar Rush Josh came out, he was better in obscurity at 1 pm.  🤷‍♂️

On 12/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, arcane said:

We need to come up with the perfect, platonic, universal slur. 

"To put on Josh's helmet?" 

What about Josh's helmet?

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

"hold my beer and watch this"

In 2019, my brother-in-law was visiting from Seattle. He's a casual football fan and hadn't seen Josh play yet. During the game, the Bills were in the red zone and Josh dropped back to pass. It looked like he was about to be sacked, and my BIL said, "Uh-oh." I could see a clear path to the end zone if he escaped the defender, so I smiled and said, "Watch this." Sure enough, he broke the tackle and ran it in.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.