Oh hey look, we clinched the playoffs

SageAgainstTheMachine

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

What a time to be alive...it's hard to believe we almost take it for granted now making the playoffs every year when just a few years ago we would have been dreaming to have a run like this

5 years ago making the playoffs looked like a whole room of grown men crying.  Today it looks like Josh chilling in the snow with a broadcast crew and boxes of his own breakfast cereal.  How the times have changed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

When they made the playoffs with a miracle from Andy Dalton, I’ll admit that I shed a tear. I sat on the floor of my own living room and just needed a moment. Then I ran outside like a moron, with neighbors likely wondering WTF was happening since it was late and at the time I lived in Virginia. It was something incredible. 

Yesterday, I spent 3 hours reading how pretty much everything on our team sucks except for Allen as we quietly walked into the playoffs for the 4th year in a row. 

Oh how times have changed. Expectations are enormous. We aren’t the lovable losers anymore and in fact I’m starting to see a lot of “we are so sick of hearing about Josh Allen…” from fans of other teams. 

In the words of the early 90’s Bills returning to the SB - “We’re back. Deal with it America.” 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I sure hope they keep on winning to clinch #1 seed and beat KC in Buffalo. But if somehow they can't get that #1 spot, then I'd rest Josh, Diggs, etc. as much as possible, without making them rusty. Like play them half the game then rest them.

If they lose to Cincinnati it would have literally no impact to lose again the last game so you might as well rest everyone.  I’m making the assumption they will have clinched the division prior to that of course.

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

5 years ago making the playoffs looked like a whole room of grown men crying.  Today it looks like Josh chilling in the snow with a broadcast crew and boxes of his own breakfast cereal.  How the times have changed.

Ok, you said it much more succinctly than I did - but great minds. 😃

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

When they made the playoffs with a miracle from Andy Dalton, I’ll admit that I shed a tear. I sat on the floor of my own living room and just needed a moment. Then I ran outside like a moron, with neighbors likely wondering WTF was happening since it was late and at the time I lived in Virginia. It was something incredible. 

Yesterday, I spent 3 hours reading how pretty much everything on our team sucks except for Allen as we quietly walked into the playoffs for the 4th year in a row. 

Oh how times have changed. Expectations are enormous. We aren’t the lovable losers anymore and in fact I’m starting to see a lot of “we are so sick of hearing about Josh Allen…” from fans of other teams. 

In the words of the early 90’s Bills returning to the SB - “We’re back. Deal with it America.” 

The Lions are now where we were then.  Rooting for them hard to make it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m torn…love the lions but the jets losing today helps the chargers get in the playoffs who could be a tough out if they get healthy 

Jets have been tough too, albeit in a different way.  I don’t think either can beat us in a playoff game in Highmark personally.

31 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Pats can still take the division if the Bills lose out and the Pats* win out. 

True, I missed that they be 4-2 in the Division. 

If they can somehow win out against the Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins and Bills they might deserve it. Lets just get our 1 win to lock it down over the next 3 games. 

50 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m torn…love the lions but the jets losing today helps the chargers get in the playoffs who could be a tough out if they get healthy 

wait, Chargers could be a tough playoff "out"?  They haven't been a playoff "in" in 4 years....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Remember when just making the playoffs was the dream?  Crazy how our world has shifted.  Thank you Josh Allen!

I remember those years.  

"If the Bills win all three of their games, and teams X, Y, and Z, lose all their games, and Tom Brady contracts an STD, and California falls into the ocean, so those teams no longer exist, and a hurricane wipes out the entire state of Florida, so those teams are gone, we can sneak into the playoffs as the #6 seed." 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

I remember those years.  

"If the Bills win all three of their games, and teams X, Y, and Z, lose all their games, and Tom Brady contracts an STD, and California falls into the ocean, so those teams no longer exist, and a hurricane wipes out the entire state of Florida, so those teams are gone, we can sneak into the playoffs as the #6 seed." 

Yeah the metric for success used to be playing at least one game in December without being mathematically eliminated.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.