The Ripoff Report: Bills Ice the Fish

WhitewalkerInPhilly

Haven't done one of these in a while, but I went to bed and have these thoughts still swirling:

• This is a win that the Bills need in their arsenal. No, I did not enjoy watching most of it. But this was a game where I think it's hard to dispute that the skill positions on the Dolphins looked more elite. The Bills did everything in their power to limit Hill, and Waddle and Mostert still looked electric. In the meanwhile, I lost a whole lot of prop bets because a lot of our usual suspects were limited. But at its core, the Bills got a better performance out of their second row of players. And the Bills gritted it out. It was ugly to watch but it has been the kind of game we might face it the playoffs.
  • Miami fans are fricken delusional if they think that the refs have it out for them. I was screaming at the TV at the end of the second half that those Holding calls were PI, which would be a spot foul. Instead, it was five yards for a few second runoff. McKenzie catching that ball, putting a hand under it, sliding on two knees out of bounds and holding onto it it is...not a catch? I saw quite a few jersey tugs that went uncalled on those deep passes Allen was lofting. Non-calls on offensive holding for the Phins, while we got slaughtered with them. It should not have even been close on the field that Josh had broken the plane, and the review was incontrovertible. But no, a Dolphins defender hits a QB out of bounds and then gets into a shoving match and gets a personal foul. The Dolphins defender tackles McKenzie in the front without looking back as the ball arrives for a PI. If anything, the refs jobbed hard for Miami.
  • I don't care what anyone says, I love Bills fans throwing snowballs.
  • The snow was late to the party, so it's hard to see the sample size, but man, did Tua not look good in it. But when the snow came, suddenly energy was back into the building and the tide swung. I want home field advantage. Badly.
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:
  • I don't care what anyone says, I love Bills fans throwing snowballs.

I second this motion. 💮

EDIT: Please see my apology below for the misunderstanding.

I just love snow. I don't endorse throwing snowballs to disrupt a game or injure.

Edited by HunTim
clarification
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The play setup that ended up as the late hit on Josh was perfect. 

Bootleg your QB out, defenders peel off the tight end and you throw over top for a quick hitter.

Problem is one of the Dolphin defenders pulled Knox down by his face mask at the outset of the play, so Josh had no one to throw to.  It was a blatant hold the refs missed.

I thought there were bad calls both ways but the Phins hold the ever living hell out of receivers on every play.   That said, the PI at the end of the game was obvious.

Edited by thenorthremembers

45 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't care what anyone says, I love Bills fans throwing snowballs

Until it costs the team.  Now, would the refs have called something?  I don’t know.  My feeling is that if folks are having fun with the snow and throwing it straight up in the air or into an open space it’s all in good fun.  Throwing snowballs at players?  Not cool.  At all.  These guys are defenseless — have you ever been pelted in the face by a snow/ice projectile?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

People are upset with me, rightly so because I was not clear in my initial response.

I apologise.

I simply meant that I like snow.

I do not endorse throwing snowballs to disrupt a game or injure people.

In particular, I want to apologise to JayG, I totally misunderstood his response.

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding the snowballs: I get why people don't like it. If it has cost a penalty I probably would be singing a different tune. 

But we hear all the time about how Raiders, Chiefs and Seahawks fans make life hell for visiting teams and get praise for it. 

When fans were throwing snow I thought a rout might be on

10 minutes ago, HunTim said:

People are upset with me, rightly so because I was not clear in my initial response.

I apologise.

I simply meant that I like snow.

I do not endorse throwing snowballs to disrupt a game or injure people.

In particular, I want to apologise to JayG, I totally misunderstood his response.

I love you brother! Go bills! And I love snow too!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

But we hear all the time about how Raiders, Chiefs and Seahawks fans make life hell for visiting teams and get praise for it.

Do these fans throw projectiles at players that could cause serious injury?

I don’t understand how this topic (throwing snowballs at players) is even debatable.  At best it’s careless and reckless, and at worst it’s assault and battery.

If you think it’s ok to throw snowballs at defenseless/unsuspecting players and coaches from the stands I’m surprised you possess the brainpower necessary to operate the device upon which you typed a response.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Why do people scream at their TVs ?

TV’s don’t divorce you.  Hence, screaming at them is a cheaper alternative.

With that said, why do idiots ( yes, me too) post on internet boards as though they have better insight then highly paid staff, coaches and players?

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

TV’s don’t divorce you.  Hence, screaming at them is a cheaper alternative.

With that said, why do idiots ( yes, me too) post on internet boards as though they have better insight then highly paid staff, coaches and players?

An NFL team costs billions of dollars. Hence, posting on a message board is a cheaper alternative.

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

McKenzie catching that ball, putting a hand under it, sliding on two knees out of bounds and holding onto it it is...not a catch?

I initially thought it might be ruled a catch too but after watching different replay angles it appeared that McKenzie's hand did not stay firmly under the ball and the ball looked to have touched the ground.  I think if it had been ruled a completion initially it may have stood but unfortunately the ruling was incomplete and there just wasn't enough there in the replay to change it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.