I hope the Bills invest heavily into the offensive line this offseason

Einstein

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is really the only position they need.  Even saffold has turned a corner.  Brown is getting absolutely whooped by speed rushers though 

Just watching these games, it feels like 1 of every 3 plays he’s getting beat.

The Jets game was horrible, Josh had to move all day. 

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is really the only position they need.  Even saffold has turned a corner.  Brown is getting absolutely whooped by speed rushers though 

Yeah, but Saffold is getting old

Saffold is getting old

Morse has sustained another concussion

And regrettably Brown has not been as good as I hoped it would be

We need to get serious about Josh Allen’s pass protection. He is the engine drives this offense

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/18/2022 at 3:08 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

They seem to like addressing one thing at a time. First it was skill positions, then it was the D-Line, and next will be O-line. They’ll have a high first round pick which is the perfect spot to get a quality Guard.
I agree, but this assumes we've already addressed RT. I also think Bates needs to be replaced. He's not terrible, but he's still subpar. The Bengals and Chiefs addressed their OL problems and it has paid dividends. We also need a WR2 and slot receiver, but our OL is a LOL and should be top priority. No to Conklin though. He's overrated.

54 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

The answer here is they need to kick Brown instead to guard and get a new RT.

Brown is a beast, strong, nasty, big dude. I think he would play very well at guard if given an offseason to get acclimated. 

Maybe.

Many, including the Bills, thought 6'8" Erik Pears would be better at G when he was moved there from RT in 2014 as well.    

He wasn't.    

He had a hard time getting leverage and got shoved around by the bigger DT's.    He returned to being a starting RT for SF in 2015.

It's hard not to see Pears when you watch Brown out there.    Same size/frame.......same number........same issues in pass pro.

I am more inclined to keep Brown at tackle and let him at least compete for the RT job next season.

• Agree 1

On 12/23/2022 at 3:47 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Morse finishes out his contract, so two more years. But I think he retires after that. 

I don’t think that center is a massive need because the presence of Ryan Bates on the roster. I think he is good guard and a really good center. I think we need one high end interior linemen to replace Saffold who has been terrible. See what Jenkins cost with his extension, that upgrade will have to come either by trade or the draft imo. 

Both Brown and Bates should be backups. I'm not sure why anyone thinks either of them is any good.

11 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

On 12/23/2022 at 3:47 AM, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Morse finishes out his contract, so two more years. But I think he retires after that. 

I don’t think that center is a massive need because the presence of Ryan Bates on the roster. I think he is good guard and a really good center. I think we need one high end interior linemen to replace Saffold who has been terrible. See what Jenkins cost with his extension, that upgrade will have to come either by trade or the draft imo. 

Both Brown and Bates should be backups. I'm not sure why anyone thinks either of them is any good.

Because Bates has actually been quite good, and the numbers bear that out

Dawkins and Bates are the only guys I trust on a consistent basis. If Morse can avoid any concussions he could always give us 1 more year.  Brown and Saffold cannot be allowed to start next season. I don't know what to do with Quessenberry?  We've neglected OL since Josh was drafted. For nearly 5 years we've watched Josh run for his life. Our OL run blocking abilities (or lack thereof) have handicapped our run game.  If we had an offensive HC, we'd see the O emphasized. Drafting 3 DE'S  over 2 drafts was foolish. And signing Von just validates that. Just please draft at least a LG & RT. A feel free to grab an early round WR.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yeah, no that’s not true. We need players at both guard and tackle and we need to upgrade back ups because you never have a healthy set all season.

We have seen what Josh Allen can do whenever he has a clean pocket he looks super natural

And it’s not just that we need to build a team that can win in December January in the run game. Singletary is probably gone cook shows promise but they need space.

When was the last time the Bills had an elite offensive line?

We make do with JAGS because Josh has other-wordly escapability.  But we ought to give him a world-class bodyguard that can also open holes in the running game and create push in 3rd/4th-and-short situations.  

I want a faster, better #2WR.  I want some help in the secondary.  Most of all, though, I want some beasts to protect my once-in-a-generation quarterback.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.