Okay, I'll bite...did the Bass missed XP actually help us out?

Rubes

13 hours ago, Buddo said:

I think it did in respect of changing the Lions mindset. When it got to 4th and 1, and they were in FG range, they were comfortable about taking it.

If they failed to get the yard, it was game over, but the FG still kept them in it.

If they needed 4 points, then they would have definitely gone for it, basically, with no other option, and they had mostly been successful through the game, when they did.

They also still had at least one timeout to use, iirc, so they could have run the football if they had got close.

The other aspect of taking the FG, was giving us time on the clock, which we probably wouldn't have got otherwise. The D would have had to stop them.

Your absolutely right. And there’s no doubt in my mind if they were down 4 we lose. On that 4and one they would of ran a bootleg and someone would have been wide open for a easy big play. Then it’s probably first and goal with a few seconds left. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Thanksgiving day early game is about the only NFL game of the year my partner is willing to sit through. When Bass missed I said "that is a good thing because Detroit will play for 3 and there might be time for us to go the other way and win it". I got raised eyebrows at the time in response but I 100% think I was right. Them needing 4 would by no means have assured they got a TD but they definitely played that last drive conservative needing a FG to tie. 

I had the same thought!

if there is ever a good time for a kicker to miss a kick THIS thought gives that idea legs. INTERESTING Thought. 

These last minute heroics/drama are giving me more gray hair just sayin! Being a Bills fan isn't for the weak.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.