GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’d give you a retort but I have no idea what your trying to say in your first sentence. You guys speak a different language up there. 🙄

Yeah, that wan't too clear.  It turns out when you live in a rural area, people like YOU like to make decisions on how they can live without understanding their way of life.  More importantly people unlike you exert more power upon them.  You believe that they are trash and feel superior to them.  You are a Democrat without even knowing it.  Get out of their lives, let them live.  That is what I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Anyone who votes before any debates is either a partisan voter (which is fine) or an idiot (which is not fine) and judging by narratives coming out of PA, there’s a lot of idiots who regret their vote. 

PA voted for Trump because he was “one of us”… Fetterman has that same appeal.  

Policy/Functionality be damned, we just want big goofballs who we’d have a drink with.  

Don’t really have much respect for that electorate at the moment.  

in that case, I want to be starting QB for an NFL franchise next year.  I’m wholly unqualified, but I’m a middle-class everyman who loves football *****!

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

People don’t like carpetbaggers. I think the Oz is a NJ resident thing was a killer. And Trump delivered the nutcase loser Mastriano in the Gov race. 

Hilariously ridiculous reason to not vote for someone, and I think you’re correct, which just reinforces my view that PA is a wildly low IQ state.  

I’ve seen enough South Park type characters interviewed about Oz saying they don’t like that he’s from Jersey, to believe this is a real issue for them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Hilariously ridiculous reason to not vote for someone, and I think you’re correct, which just reinforces my view that PA is a wildly low IQ state.  

I’ve seen enough South Park type characters interviewed about Oz saying they don’t like that he’s from Jersey, to believe this is a real issue for them. 

What is it James Carville used to say? Philly on the eastern border, Pittsburgh on the west, West Virginia in the middle. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Here's what I'm looking at as someone admittedly hoping for a good night for the Dems. I am still going through the data so it may change quickly.

image.thumb.png.23169dd0afd676d5cbfed943b5840a9b.png

image.thumb.png.68cb6d9516e6888e61f7e70122d0ffcb.png

Gonna take me a while to work thru this. Thanks!!

Just now, Doc said:

But they like people who have actual brain damage?  Yup like I said, stupid.

Turnout is nearly as high as a Presidential race, way higher than a midterm. 

Dems exit polling looks like high turnout is not to support Biden, Biden's policies, or because they're excited about a particular candidate.

But they came out to vote to keep R's out of power. 

It's a referendum on Trump and the overturn of Roe. And they'd rather vote for a vegetable than a Trump lackey. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Here's what I'm looking at as someone admittedly hoping for a good night for the Dems. I am still going through the data so it may change quickly.

image.thumb.png.23169dd0afd676d5cbfed943b5840a9b.png

image.thumb.png.68cb6d9516e6888e61f7e70122d0ffcb.png

It's going to get a lot better for Dems before the night is through for sure, but you won't win the house, and may not win the senate, but that is debatable.

I think maybe we should learn to respect each other and go root for federalism as much as we can.

1 minute ago, Demongyz said:

Yeah, that wan't too clear.  It turns out when you live in a rural area, people like YOU like to make decisions on how they can live without understanding their way of life.  More importantly people unlike you exert more power upon them.  You believe that they are trash and feel superior to them.  You are a Democrat without even knowing it.  Get out of their lives, let them live.  That is what I'm saying.

Yeah, you got me pegged alright. Holy ***** dude. You obviously have no clue who I am, what my background is and what my feelings are about people who live in rural areas.  The fact you call me a Democrat is laughable.  I make decisions on how you live?  No dude.  As a dyed in the wool conservative how you live is 100% up to you. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Yeah, you got me pegged alright. Holy ***** dude. You obviously have no clue who I am, what my background is and what my feelings are about people who live in rural areas.  The fact you call me a Democrat is laughable.  I make decisions on how you live?  No dude.  As a dyed in the wool conservative how you live is 100% up to you. 

Good then don't disparage the good people of Lassen County and we are good.

Super excited, as someone who spends a lot of time in Atlanta, that Trump’s candidate choices and the dumpster fire state of Pennsylvania is making us sit through another runoff that may decide the Senate. 

Awesome.  Fun times. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It's a referendum on Trump and the overturn of Roe. And they'd rather vote for a vegetable than a Trump lackey.

I think that’s true. Most people are just done with the Trump drama. It’s time to move on. And until the Repubs finally push Trump aside, we will continue to see this effect. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think that’s true. Most people are just done with the Trump drama. It’s time to move on. And until the Repubs finally push Trump aside, we will continue to see this effect. 

He is fading more and more to the background and needs to keep fading. Both sides really need a reboot. 

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

How did I disparage them?  Because I’ve never heard of Lassen County?  

Essentially you stated you don't need to care about a county that has half the population of your small town.  It's like SF or LA not caring about the entirety of the state of CA.   It was a bit elitist and overstated.  I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it really felt that way.  May as well get rid of the electoral college and so on.

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He is fading more and more to the background and needs to keep fading. Both sides really need a reboot. 

People still love him.  I know quite a few that are still defending him and making excuses for him tonight. 

It’s beyond frustrating.  

I’ll vote for Trump if he’s the nominee, but tonight finally got me to the point where I am truly starting to dislike him.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I read an editorial in the Wall St Journal by Mitch Daniels today. Former R gov of Indiana and now Pres of Purdue University. At one time he was considered presidential material. That was before Trump killed the party. I want to go back to those days. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Wouldn't mind congress getting split if it meant people calmed down and actually started working together to keep things functioning like they're supposed to.

Divided government heading into 2024 is just fine by me.  Senate razor thin.  Whatever.  

That was always the best outcome the next 2 years.  What?  We think convincing wins in Congress is ever going to make Presidents triangulate again?  Those days are gone.  

The fight continues.