RIP Jerry Lee Lewis

T&C

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Pedophile and murderer.  Good riddance, scumbag.

Pedophile and murderer

"His third wife, his cousin Myra Gale Brown, won divorce with horrific tales of how Jerry Lee beat her up in view of their little daughter. His fourth wife, Jaren Gunn, also won divorce, but she ended up dead, mysteriously drowned in a Memphis swimming pool, just before her settlement came through. Shawn Michelle Stephens was the fifth. A sharp and spunky twenty-five-year-old from Garden City, Michigan, she thought Jerry Lee was her ticket to the good life. They married on June 7th, 1983, and seventy-seven days later, she was dead."

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Pedophile and murderer

"His third wife, his cousin Myra Gale Brown, won divorce with horrific tales of how Jerry Lee beat her up in view of their little daughter. His fourth wife, Jaren Gunn, also won divorce, but she ended up dead, mysteriously drowned in a Memphis swimming pool, just before her settlement came through. Shawn Michelle Stephens was the fifth. A sharp and spunky twenty-five-year-old from Garden City, Michigan, she thought Jerry Lee was her ticket to the good life. They married on June 7th, 1983, and seventy-seven days later, she was dead."

His third marriage was to 13-year-old Myra Gale Brown, his first cousin once removed, on December 12, 1957.  His divorce from Jane Mitchum was not finalized before the ceremony took place, so he remarried Brown on June 4, 1958. In 1970, Brown filed for divorce on the grounds of adultery and abuse, charging that she had been "subject to every type of physical and mental abuse imaginable."

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

His third marriage was to 13-year-old Myra Gale Brown, his first cousin once removed, on December 12, 1957.  His divorce from Jane Mitchum was not finalized before the ceremony took place, so he remarried Brown on June 4, 1958. In 1970, Brown filed for divorce on the grounds of adultery and abuse, charging that she had been "subject to every type of physical and mental abuse imaginable."

like you said, scumbag.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Same here! 😆 

Does this look like the face of a pedophile and murderer?

220px-Jerry_Lee_Lewis_1950s_publicity_ph

It looks a little bit like Eddie Haskell, so anything is possible! 

As mentioned up above, best to focus on the music. What a sad legacy. BUT, he can all make us feel a little better about OUR lives! There is always a bright side. I may not be perfect, but I often defend myself by saying “Hey! At least I’m not a pedophile and a murderer!”  Set the bar low enough and almost anybody can feel good about themselves! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/28/2022 at 4:44 PM, Augie said:

It looks a little bit like Eddie Haskell, so anything is possible! 

As mentioned up above, best to focus on the music. What a sad legacy. BUT, he can all make us feel a little better about OUR lives! There is always a bright side. I may not be perfect, but I often defend myself by saying “Hey! At least I’m not a pedophile and a murderer!”  Set the bar low enough and almost anybody can feel good about themselves! 

Best to focus on the music?  We're all far from perfect.  But we're all not f*cking and marrying our 13-year-old first cousin imperfect.  I'll focus on what a sicko he was. This dude was the scum of the earth.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Best to focus on the music?  We're all far from perfect.  But we're all not f*cking and marrying our 13-year-old first cousin imperfect.  I'll focus on what a sicko he was. This dude was the scum of the earth.

The laws in MS must have been pretty lax back then.

• Agree 1

On 10/29/2022 at 9:13 AM, T&C said:

Lets just treat this one like OJ and only concentrate on his work on the field, or in Jerry's case, the stage/studio. 

tee hee

I think if someone lives their life like an a-hole, they deserve to be remembered as being an a-hole.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.