College Football Playoff & Conference Championships - Projections

ArdmoreRyno

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

How will Bama manage to get excuse-me’d into the tournament this year?  It should be interesting.  Maybe they will get bonus points for scheduling that tough home game against Austin Peay coming up soon.  

ESPN will have Saban on during the conference championship games to explain why Alabama deserves to be in the Playoffs again. Just wait. 

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He won’t have to explain anything because they will be in the playoff again.  Just wait.

I know... just still pissed ESPN had him on during the 2011 Bedlam game when OSU was up 44-3 over OU so he could plead his case why Alabama should be allowed to 'rematch' against LSU, despite not winning their division. 

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

He won’t have to explain anything because they will be in the playoff again.  Just wait.

I completely disagree. Two losses and two narrow wins will exclude them.

Look, the Big 12, ACC, and Pac 12 suck. That said, Alabama is just another good team this year. They lack talent on the inside of the DL, Left Tackle, and especially wide receiver.

Jacory Brooks is good, and he is their best receiver this season. On the Mac Jones championship Crimson Tide, this kid would be 4th string (behind Davonta, Waddle, and Metchie) AT BEST. And Mac played behind an excellent OL. 

Our LT is serviceable. He might be drafted in the middle to late rounds. That said, he is the worst we have had in at least 10 years; I think more.

Bama has not been this weak in the interior DL for more than a decade. 

NIL is hurting certain terams. Bama is one of them. Look at Texas A&M. They have the highest rated recruiting class EVER, especially on both lines, yet their team is falling apart, losing games, and the coach has lost control. College Football has changed BIG TIME! 

In any event, The Crimson Tide will not make the playoffs.....THIS SEASON. But keep your fingers crossed and keep hating because in all probability, Saban will bring his team back. ;) 

On 11/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I know... just still pissed ESPN had him on during the 2011 Bedlam game when OSU was up 44-3 over OU so he could plead his case why Alabama should be allowed to 'rematch' against LSU, despite not winning their division. 

I hear ya but him pleading his case during bedlam won’t turn any voters 

they had their mind made that they were putting in bama… that was a charade

On 11/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Yes, how dare they put Alabama against LSU!!!!!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_BCS_National_Championship_Game#:~:text=The 2012 Allstate BCS National Championship Game was,at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans%2C Louisiana.

;) 

15 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

This is why: https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/313090333

We will never agree on this one. Sorry. OSU was the better team in 2011. No one could stop that offense. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 8:32 AM, 4merper4mer said:

How will Bama manage to get excuse-me’d into the tournament this year?  It should be interesting.  Maybe they will get bonus points for scheduling that tough home game against Austin Peay coming up soon.  

As an Alabama fan, I would say they have a slim to none chance. If OU and Mich. Have a close game the lower would be more deserving. 

Bama has looked like junk for a month. 

4 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

As an Alabama fan, I would say they have a slim to none chance. If OU and Mich. Have a close game the lower would be more deserving. 

Bama has looked like junk for a month. 

Since it wasn’t a close game, Bama’s impressive win over Austin Peay puts them ahead of Ohio State.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Since it wasn’t a close game, Bama’s impressive win over Austin Peay puts them ahead of Ohio State.

I hate OSU, but this is dumb. Alabama lost 2 games. OSU lost once. Neither of them deserve to be there though. 

Really surprised by tOSU over the weekend. I thought their defense would help give them the win over Michgan.  I'm glad TCU is still winning... the Big XII Championship game should be a good one. K-State is a salty team, even with the backup QB playing. The Wildcats had a 28-17 halftime lead in the first meeting and ended up being shut out in the 2nd half. 

But I think TCU will win and go to their first CFP. Seeing them and Michigan play will be really interesting. 

Michigan offense: 39.8 ppg

TCU offense: 41.3 ppg

Michigan defense: 12.7 ppg

TCU defense: 24.5 ppg

SOS
Michigan: 8 (it was 29 before playing tOSU)

TCU: 9 

If everything ends today and the CFP rankings mirror the AP top 25 we have 2 GREAT matchups. UGA's defense v USC's offense and then offense v offense in the 2 v 3 game. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

6 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Really surprised by tOSU over the weekend. I thought their defense would help give them the win over the Buckeyes.  I'm glad TCU is still winning... the Big XII Championship game should be a good one. K-State is a salty team, even with the backup QB playing. The Wildcats had a 28-17 halftime lead in the first meeting and ended up being shut out in the 2nd half. 

But I think TCU will win and go to their first CFP. Seeing them and Michigan play will be really interesting. 

SOS

If everything ends today and the CFP rankings mirror the AP top 25 we have 2 GREAT matchups. UGA's defense v USC's offense and then offense v offense in the 2 v 3 game. 

Buckeye corners have been a problem all year (for years?) and they committed so much to the run D and left them in man on an island … dared them to throw downfield and they did because the film showed them they might as well. The big runs came late and all the yards were on the big runs. The next time an Ohio state corner gets his head around I’ll throw confetti. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Really surprised by tOSU over the weekend. I thought their defense would help give them the win over Michgan.  I'm glad TCU is still winning... the Big XII Championship game should be a good one. K-State is a salty team, even with the backup QB playing. The Wildcats had a 28-17 halftime lead in the first meeting and ended up being shut out in the 2nd half. 

SOS

TCU will be this season's Cincinnatti. In fact, I don't think that they are as good as Cincinnatti was last season. The truth is, TCU  has a garbage schedule, just like USC. 

In fact, Ohio State's schedule ws ranked 69th in terms of difficulty, whereas Alabama's was ranked 9th.

Before you accuse me, let me openly state that I am not making a case at this point for Alabama to make the playoffs. They lost 2 games by a total of 4 points that they could have and should have won. IF they had pulled out a victory in one of those games then yes, they would have deserved a playoff spot. At this point, they would need too many miracles.

Edited by Bill from NYC

15 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

TCU will be this season's Cincinnatti. In fact, I don't think that they are as good as Cincinnatti was last season. The truth is, TCU  has a garbage schedule, just like USC. 

In fact, Ohio State's schedule ws ranked 69th in terms of difficulty, whereas Alabama's was ranked 9th.

Before you accuse me, let me openly state that I am not making a case at this point for Alabama to make the playoffs. They lost 2 games by a total of 4 points that they could have and should have won. IF they had pulled out a victory in one of those games then yes, they would have deserved a playoff spot. At this point, they would need too many miracles.

LOL, "Garbage schedule". Where do you get your SOS numbers? Practically everyone has TCU in the top 20, some have them top 10 (including ESPN ranking them with the #1 most difficult schedule in college football). Yet, the Alabama man... they think they have a garbage one. 🤣

Jeff Sagarin has TCU 21st and Alabama 28th

ESPN FPI: TCU 1, Alabama 5

TeamRankings: TCU 9, Alabama 1 

Power Rankings Guru: TCU 18, Alabama 25

What's comical is you refuse to believe anyone has the right to play in a playoff other than SEC teams (or Big 10 teams). This is why you have no validity.  

TCU is 5-0 vs top 25 teams

Alabama is 3-2 vs top 25 teams 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.