College Football Playoff & Conference Championships - Projections

ArdmoreRyno

21 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Look at who TCU lost to and who OSU lost to. 

I mean really. 🙄

Guess we will see. TCU still has the most wins v Top 25 teams. 

Just glad old Nick couldn’t talk his way into the Playoffs again as he was (once again) given the mic to plead his pathetic case. 

21 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

They had 3 losses and play in the Big 12. That is all you need to know imo.

well, your team gets to now play them. I’m sure I’d Bama loses, it will be “they didn’t care about the game”. 

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

well, your team gets to now play them. I’m sure I’d Bama loses, it will be “they didn’t care about the game”. 

Seriously, how obtuse are you?  I hope that Bryce Young doesn't play at all in a meaningless bowl game!!! I want to see our 2 backup QBs compete. There is a particular freshman RB (Jamarion Miller) who barely got to play this season and I have very high hopes for. I hope that he gets substantial playing time. Our young reveivers need more work as do our young OL and DL. To me, a bowl game is much more about player development  than winning or losing.

Mac Jones got hs first chance to start in a bowl game against Michigan. He did pretty well for us after that, dontcha think? ALL KIDDING ASIDE, maybe I wouldn't think this was if I was a fan of a lesser team.

Good luck with OSU next season. I mean this.

Edited by Bill from NYC

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Seriously, how obtuse are you?  I hope that Bryce Young doesn't play at all in a meaningless bowl game!!! I want to see our 2 backup QBs compete. There is a particular freshman RB (Jamarion Miller) who barely got to play this season and I have very high hopes for. I hope that he gets substantial playing time. Our young reveivers need more work as do our young OL and DL. To me, a bowl game is much more about player development  than winning or losing.

Mac Jones got hs first chance to start in a bowl game against Michigan. He did pretty well for us after that, dontcha think? ALL KIDDING ASIDE, maybe I wouldn't think this was if I was a fan of a lesser team.

Good luck with OSU next season. I mean this.

So yea, if Kansas State wins… you’ll make excuses. 

figured 

15 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

If you are not capable of interpreting my post, there is no point in me trying to spell it out for you yet again. 

Be well.

I completely understand what you're trying to say. I just think it's ridiculous. 

But your point, it makes expanding the Playoffs make even more sense. Instead of the Sugar Bowl being meaningless to someone like you... it would matter because Alabama has a chance to work it's way into a title game. Thank goodness we will have it in 2024. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I completely understand what you're trying to say. I just think it's ridiculous. 

But your point, it makes expanding the Playoffs make even more sense. Instead of the Sugar Bowl being meaningless to someone like you... it would matter because Alabama has a chance to work it's way into a title game. Thank goodness we will have it in 2024. 

But it isn't just "someone like me." Bryce Young and Will Anderson are two of the very best players in college football. I strongly doubt that either of them will play. If they don't, forget about me.....are YOU going to view this game as a true measure of the Alabama team? There will certainly be other draft eligible players sitting out the game.

Now, would I rather The Crimson Tide win? Of course I would but I place less importance on the final outcome of the game than I do on player development. Alabama has 2 talented QBs on the roster (and an incoming freshman). They need to compete for the starting job. Both the OL and DL will change drastically as well. Players need the chance to show what they can do.

Oklahoma State will certainly play in a bowl game, no? What concerns you more, winning a somewhat unimportant bowl game, or developing players for the future?

Sheesh!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.