Covid Protocols 2023

50 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Also, the new strain is from omicron, which means more mild cold like symptoms…

With each new strain, virus gets weaker and weaker…

Yet Biden is out recommending EVERYONE get vaccinated…again…so ridiculous…It’s as if he’s learned nothing from the last 3 years of data…

Nope.  The propagandist tried to get the Physician propagandist to say that.  He demurred, to his credit.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Chris farley said:

you are saying natural immunity is bad?  Not comparable to the booster?

I'm saying that "natural immunity" and vaccines are not mutually exclusive.

I am willing to listen to arguments about whether it is optimal for the entire population to be vaccinated as opposed to various subsets of the population. But the Luddite (look that one up!) reference to "gene therapy"  and the fear of scientific advance causes you to lose all credibility.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

So as to not mix up the different vaccine technologies.

The J&J and AstraZeneca covid vaccines are adenovirus based vaccines.

The moderna and Pfizer vaccines are mRNA vaccines.

Two completely different and distinct technologies.

In the USA, if you want to get vaccinated and are concerned about nucleic acid based vaccine technology then may I suggest you look at Novavax.  It's recombinant spike protein that your body generates a immune response against.  Similar to the flu vaccine. Tried and true.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/coronavirus-covid-19-cber-regulated-biologics/novavax-covid-19-vaccine-adjuvanted

Has someone with a modicum of sense hijacked Tarheel's account?

• Eyeroll 1

52 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Also, the new strain is from omicron, which means more mild cold like symptoms…

With each new strain, virus gets weaker and weaker…

Yet Biden is out recommending EVERYONE get vaccinated…again…so ridiculous…It’s as if he’s learned nothing from the last 3 years of data…

Doubt he was getting 82M votes without the mass mail in voting, harvesting, Zucker bucks and what not. and that wasn't happening without the plandemic

lots of money to be made by his investors from another covid emergency, shots.

Could mention how a short lock down could really help with inflation.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chris farley said:

you desperately want to go back to it?

Seems like a lot on the left do, shoot. many walk around like it never ended.

Do you still wear a mask?

Up to date on your boosters?

Read what I said that started this whole sub-discussion.

I said we are on the wrong track with respect to public health measures to lower the spread of any future COVID strain OR any other respiratory virus. We are focusing on masks even though there is little evidence that they work at all, and we are ignoring air turnover rates and improved HVAC systems, which have been shown to play a vital role in reducing transmission. I will not wear a mask unless required to do so, or unless I know I'm infected with a respiratory virus (so as to be a good citizen).

I'm not even sure if I count as up-to-date on COVID boosters. When the next one becomes available I'll probably get it, just as I get an annual flu vaccine. Neither will provide perfect protection, but the risk-reward calculus says it would be prudent to do so.

I think this just might be a more intelligent, reasoned approach than saying "pandemic! Conspiracy!"

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, trump was nearly on a vent by design.  To bad it didn't work out.

In addition to my rant about how we haven't learned from COVID and spent money on HVAC infrastructure, let me add this: we haven't done enough on impressing on the public that obesity is a huge problem in general, and a specific problem when it comes to susceptibility to severe COVID or other respiratory viruses.

Example: Donald John Trump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In addition to my rant about how we haven't learned from COVID and spent money on HVAC infrastructure, let me add this: we haven't done enough on impressing on the public that obesity is a huge problem in general, and a specific problem when it comes to susceptibility to severe COVID or other respiratory viruses.

Example: Donald John Trump.

No doubt.  The healthcare system is now about profit.  Preventive medicine is paid lip service but sick folks are money trees...I'll get the new vax asap.  Interested to see if my insurance will pay for it.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

"Just to be expected that there will be viral evolution"...yup, that's why we need new vaxes.  The vax saved millions of lives.  The next one will as well.  IgG4 is not "relatively new".  Good teacher tho.  Just disagree with the conclusion.  And he's not a bit biased...

Gotta be Trump's fault, amirite?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

Gotta be Trump's fault, amirite?

No, this crank holds responsibility for his anti vax, pro ivermectin bs.  And he's not a physician.  The IgG comment should have given it away.  His PhD is in Nursing education.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)

It looks like the rubes love him.  Just what they wanna hear.

0b5821ce856263ac0755ead0af429964385579f0-4000x2667.thumb.jpg.49b06f8fe3bd9fe8488caf14f8cbfbaf.jpg

Just Say No

How we can prevent COVID mandates from coming back

A recent uptick in COVID-19 cases, accompanied by the predictable hysterical media coverage, has spurred nationwide chatter about a possible return to pandemic restrictions, from school closures to mask mandates. This is not baseless supposition, as schools, universities, and hospital systems across the nation have recently reinstituted masking and quarantine requirements. Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., recently reinstated a mask mandate in his Capitol Hill offices, while MSNBC pundit Mehdi Hassan has been working overtime to convince his audience that school closures did not actually harm children—a formidable task given the evidence refuting his claims.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/just-say-no

• Like (+1) 1

Jeanine Pirro:  Another example of lying liars lie.  But the Tarlov lady rocks.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/awkward-silence-ensues-when-jeanine-pirro-is-reminded-shes-vaccinated-after-seemingly-questioning-its-safety/

At that point Pirro let out a seemingly skeptical sigh.

“Oh,” Pirro interjected.

“What do you mean?” Tarlov asked her. “You’re fine. You’re vaccinated. What are you ‘Oh’ing?'”

After she spoke, an awkward silence overtook the table while Pirro stared off in the opposite direction.

“It’s your turn,” Tarlov told Pirro.

“It’s your segment,” Pirro said, addressing co-host Greg Gutfeld, who was the lead for the segment.

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

0b5821ce856263ac0755ead0af429964385579f0-4000x2667.thumb.jpg.49b06f8fe3bd9fe8488caf14f8cbfbaf.jpg

Just Say No

How we can prevent COVID mandates from coming back

A recent uptick in COVID-19 cases, accompanied by the predictable hysterical media coverage, has spurred nationwide chatter about a possible return to pandemic restrictions, from school closures to mask mandates. This is not baseless supposition, as schools, universities, and hospital systems across the nation have recently reinstituted masking and quarantine requirements. Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., recently reinstated a mask mandate in his Capitol Hill offices, while MSNBC pundit Mehdi Hassan has been working overtime to convince his audience that school closures did not actually harm children—a formidable task given the evidence refuting his claims.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/just-say-no

Ignore them and push back on the systems of control.

Ignore all of what's coming in terms of mandates.

I already did it in December last year at a large DC conference.  The convention center had a mask mandate in place, so I wore a mask to get past the security guards and took it off once inside.  I never put it on the remainder of the day and nobody ever said a word to me over the three day conference.

I'd estimate I was among the 20% not wearing a mask even though it was "mandatory."  Keep in mind this was in commie DC in 2022.  Outside of the true useful idiots like The King and Quack, MD no one is buying this crap anymore.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I can't take credit for this realization but the only people who currently are concerned about COVID, beyond the usual flu, are those vaccinated against it. Also according to the CDC every 1 million vaccines of people under 18 will save 0-1 lives. It is not a vaccine, it is a therapy and pretty poor one at that. 

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

So, you’re saying our presidents aren’t the ones running the country? Puppets, put in place to do the bidding of a shadow government? 🤔

Sounds about right…😉

On 9/13/2023 at 10:56 AM, BillsFanNC said:

Ignore all of what's coming in terms of mandates.

I already did it in December last year at a large DC conference.  The convention center had a mask mandate in place, so I wore a mask to get past the security guards and took it off once inside.  I never put it on the remainder of the day and nobody ever said a word to me over the three day conference.

I'd estimate I was among the 20% not wearing a mask even though it was "mandatory."  Keep in mind this was in commie DC in 2022.  Outside of the true useful idiots like The King and Quack, MD no one is buying this crap anymore.

Also, NEVER test for Covid…

The current strain is part of omicron, with mild cold like symptoms…The elites are just trying to scare everyone again…

• Like (+1) 1

Congestion ? 

Oh no.

Sore throat, then congestion: Common Covid symptoms follow a pattern now, doctors say

Doctors who treat Covid describe the ways the illness has gotten milder and shifted over time to mostly affect the upper respiratory tract.

Doctors say they're finding it increasingly difficult to distinguish Covid from allergies or the common cold, even as hospitalizations tick up.

The illness' past hallmarks, such as a dry cough or the loss of sense of taste or smell, have become less common. Instead, doctors are observing milder disease, mostly concentrated in the upper respiratory tract.

"It isn’t the same typical symptoms that we were seeing before. It’s a lot of congestion, sometimes sneezing, usually a mild sore throat," said Dr. Erick Eiting, vice chair of operations for emergency medicine at Mount Sinai Downtown in New York City.

</snip>

"Just about everyone who I've seen has had really mild symptoms," Eiting said of his urgent care patients, adding, "The only way that we knew that it was Covid was because we happened to be testing them."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/covid-symptoms-mild-follow-pattern-doctors-say-rcna105090

Of course, compromised people ( Seniors, asthmatics ) are always at risk with flu symptoms, but the average person -----   no.

• Like (+1) 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm, nah. Gonna pass.

I took one home lateral flow rapid antigen test for covid last year. That was after I was pretty sure that I had covid, went to a drive through PCR test site and the test came back negative. So I took the rapid antigen test at home, which immediately developed as a screaming positive. Confirming I did indeed have covid as suspected.

The mass pcr testing sites were trash, giving a false negative in my case. Untold false positives undoubtedly as well with all the untrained personnel collecting samples AND actually running pcr assays.

Rapid lsteral flow antigen tests are CLIA waived, meaning they are supposedly simple enough for an untrained person with an 8th grade education to understand the directions and run the test own their own.

Think about that. There's no way John from Riverside. Billsfuk.c, Tibs etc. can follow those simple directions and run a test properly.

If you're ill. Stay home. The same advice we've had since birth. 

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Agree 2

Covid response was about power.

Ten Examples Where Experts Were Wrong 

BY STEVE TEMPLETON   

As I was writing Fear of a Microbial Planet last year, I noticed some patterns emerge. Again and again, I found examples of instances where, in a rational world, the actions of authorities in response to COVID or other disease threats should be obvious, expected, and in the best interests of the public.

However, in each instance, I was compelled to acknowledge reality and follow-up with “But that didn’t happen.”

Because the response often wasn’t rational—it was mainly driven by politics and hysteria, and every irrational and non-evidence-supported act could be explained through this lens.

As a result, the phrase is by far the most repeated in the book, and so I thought it would be interesting to compile ten examples of when a strong denial of reality ruled and common sense was abandoned.

Listed at the link:  https://brownstone.org/articles/ten-examples-where-experts-were-wrong/

Unfortunately, many of these examples are not becoming outdated. Mask mandates have returned in some places, including schools, despite no high-quality supporting evidence. Same for COVID vaccine booster recommendations for healthy people under 65.

Many European countries, including Denmark, have altered their recommendations based on careful risk/benefit analyses. Once again, although it would seem obvious that US leaders should have followed suit, that didn’t happen.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm, nah. Gonna pass.

I took one home lateral flow rapid antigen test for covid last year. That was after I was pretty sure that I had covid, went to a drive through PCR test site and the test came back negative. So I took the rapid antigen test at home, which immediately developed as a screaming positive. Confirming I did indeed have covid as suspected.

The mass pcr testing sites were trash, giving a false negative in my case. Untold false positives undoubtedly as well with all the untrained personnel collecting samples AND actually running pcr assays.

Rapid lsteral flow antigen tests are CLIA waived, meaning they are supposedly simple enough for an untrained person with an 8th grade education to understand the directions and run the test own their own.

Think about that. There's no way John from Riverside. Billsfuk.c, Tibs etc. can follow those simple directions and run a test properly.

If you're ill. Stay home. The same advice we've had since birth. 

My boys got what they suspected was Wuhan virus during college.  I asked them if they tested.  They said "no, it's not worth it."  So they didn't.  And the vaccines protect you from spreading it anyway, right?

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Covid response was about power.

Ten Examples Where Experts Were Wrong 

BY STEVE TEMPLETON   

As I was writing Fear of a Microbial Planet last year, I noticed some patterns emerge. Again and again, I found examples of instances where, in a rational world, the actions of authorities in response to COVID or other disease threats should be obvious, expected, and in the best interests of the public.

However, in each instance, I was compelled to acknowledge reality and follow-up with “But that didn’t happen.”

Because the response often wasn’t rational—it was mainly driven by politics and hysteria, and every irrational and non-evidence-supported act could be explained through this lens.

As a result, the phrase is by far the most repeated in the book, and so I thought it would be interesting to compile ten examples of when a strong denial of reality ruled and common sense was abandoned.

Listed at the link:  https://brownstone.org/articles/ten-examples-where-experts-were-wrong/

Unfortunately, many of these examples are not becoming outdated. Mask mandates have returned in some places, including schools, despite no high-quality supporting evidence. Same for COVID vaccine booster recommendations for healthy people under 65.

Many European countries, including Denmark, have altered their recommendations based on careful risk/benefit analyses. Once again, although it would seem obvious that US leaders should have followed suit, that didn’t happen.

It was mostly about hurting Trump for the election.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/18/2023 at 8:57 AM, B-Man said:

WTF !

Oh look, a temple for the cultists to worship.

This is so over-the-top ridiculous, it amazes me that some people still don’t recognize something a bit fishy with what’s going on…

I wonder how much Pfizer paid for the lighting…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Hoax 

Children's Health Defense is an American 501 nonprofit activist group mainly known for anti-vaccine disinformation and has been identified as one of the main sources of misinformation on vaccines. Founded under the name World Mercury Project in 2007, it is chaired by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. 

On 7/11/2023 at 2:27 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

PACS were hated as the source of dirty money. now a lot of that money flows to Charities that are also PACS. the charities promote SOCIAL issues.  

On 11/7/2023 at 8:19 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

another Dirty money PAC influencing perception.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Hoax 

Children's Health Defense is an American 501 nonprofit activist group mainly known for anti-vaccine disinformation and has been identified as one of the main sources of misinformation on vaccines. Founded under the name World Mercury Project in 2007, it is chaired by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. 

Since 2020, history has shown us that authoritative sources that use the words “disinformation” and “misinformation” (regarding vaccines), means the odds of their statements being true are very low…

Funny thing is, you actually use both words in the same sentence…Congrats…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Since 2020, history has shown us that authoritative sources that use the words “disinformation” and “misinformation” (regarding vaccines), means the odds of their statements being true are very low…

Funny thing is, you actually use both words in the same sentence…Congrats…😉

Hoax