Covid Protocols 2023

On 8/29/2023 at 2:46 PM, B-Man said:

And some people will write this off to incompetence, human error, or anything else they can to avoid admitting the truth: we (humanity) were had. 

Because once they admit that to themselves they’ll have to ask the next question: why? And the answer to that is reality shattering and most people would rather continue to live in the lie and pretend it’s just same-old-same-old, than face the hard truth.

Link to the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12453329/amp/Covid-blame-just-1-weekly-deaths-causes.html

debating measures, vaccine mandates, that makes sense.

but to call covid a common cold is just wrong and kind of a jerky dismissive move. having almost lost my father to COVID (2 mos icu, 8 mos total hospital stay) i can tell you it is most certainly not a common cold.

debate how we deal with COVID, thats fine, but stop lying about what COVID is and can do to the human body.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

debating measures, vaccine mandates, that makes sense.

but to call covid a common cold is just wrong and kind of a jerky dismissive move. having almost lost my father to COVID (2 mos icu, 8 mos total hospital stay) i can tell you it is most certainly not a common cold.

debate how we deal with COVID, thats fine, but stop lying about what COVID is and can do to the human body.

I am glad your father is better and I will state it this way and assume that the comment was meant this way, to 95% of our population COVID is just like getting a cold, to people over 70, or with certain conditions, it is a true danger. My kids have both gotten it multiple times and the worst symptom is a sore throat for one and sniffles for the other, they are not really threatened by it 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am glad your father is better and I will state it this way and assume that the comment was meant this way, to 95% of our population COVID is just like getting a cold, to people over 70, or with certain conditions, it is a true danger. My kids have both gotten it multiple times and the worst symptom is a sore throat for one and sniffles for the other, they are not really threatened by it 

Yes.

I know people who died from covid. One was 85, the other 50 with uncontrolled diabetes. 

I don't want to downplay covid and how it can be serious for certain populations, but this is why the Great Barrington Declaration remains most logical public health approach. Focused protection.  Protect the vulnerable and allow the rest of society, while using normal measures of hand washing and staying home if you're sick, to continue life as usual.

I won't compare covid to the common cold but it's not unreasonable to compare it to influenza, another respiratory virus with higher mortality rates among the exact same populations.

Today on CNN, after devastating study citations from the interviewer showing that masks don't work, Fauci responded: "but masks work on an individual level".

But this is nonsense. Here's why.

To do science on masks, you have a masked group and an unmasked group. You compare the rate of infection in each group. This is called a randomized trial. This is how science is done.

If the rate of infection is the same, then masks don't work. This was what the studies on masks showed. No difference.

Now, there is simply no such thing as scientific studies showing that "masks work at the individual level".

Fauci either doesn't understand how science works or he is lying and making things up.

It really is that simple. Fauci is saying gobbledygook in order to keep the idea of masks alive. It's incredibly shameful for Fauci to abuse science in this way. But it's par for the course in the way he has communicated science throughout the entire pandemic.

Sad.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Today on CNN, after devastating study citations from the interviewer showing that masks don't work, Fauci responded: "but masks work on an individual level".

But this is nonsense. Here's why.

To do science on masks, you have a masked group and an unmasked group. You compare the rate of infection in each group. This is called a randomized trial. This is how science is done.

If the rate of infection is the same, then masks don't work. This was what the studies on masks showed. No difference.

Now, there is simply no such thing as scientific studies showing that "masks work at the individual level".

Fauci either doesn't understand how science works or he is lying and making things up.

It really is that simple. Fauci is saying gobbledygook in order to keep the idea of masks alive. It's incredibly shameful for Fauci to abuse science in this way. But it's par for the course in the way he has communicated science throughout the entire pandemic.

Sad.

He should be much more specific " if you always wear the N95 mask properly every moment you are outside and with another person in your home you will be protected from COVID". His point is everyone is they are the problem because they won't listen to simply mask up from the moment they wake to the moment they sleep.

6 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

He should be much more specific " if you always wear the N95 mask properly every moment you are outside and with another person in your home you will be protected from COVID". His point is everyone is they are the problem because they won't listen to simply mask up from the moment they wake to the moment they sleep.

The problem from day one with the COVID mandates and lockdowns was the one-size-fits-all approach.  The masks were one of those things.  Old people and those already having compromised health were at risk.  Others were not.  Instead of focusing resources on protecting those most at risk, like nursing home residents, the elderly in general, and people with a condition like heart disease or obesity, the government obsessed with locking down healthy and young people.  These people should have been left to continue life as normal.

Outside of a handful of people still wearing masks driving along in their vehicles, I expect few people are going to be willing to along with this approach again.  For starters, and comically, many officials that imposed these lockdowns with zeal now claim they were against them.  And inflections from the election variant by all accounts results in mild to moderate symptoms.

I won't even get into the vaccine mandates.  Although lately, I've seen troubling details revealed about the mRNA technology applied.  We're told mRNA stands for messenger RNA but now I'm seeing it referred to as modified RNA.  Totally different, and potentially dangerous, from my understanding of this type of medical technology.  

I guess we now live in a country where most fat, dumb, and happy people are comfortable and content with only one person being called out and charged with lying. 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

And then you have the Quack MD's of today, like our very own useful idiot puking on this board daily, flushing any credibility they ever had and all those years of training by throwing in with the Rachel Maddows of the day.

Stunningly daft.

Dance monkeys, dance.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

There's a simple solution for healthy people who aren't at risk....99% of college students are in this group.

If you feel sick, don't bother getting tested.

I'd say about 99% of college students do just that.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd say about 99% of college students do just that.

I'm not sure it's not that high. Many are woke beyond help and would never break the covidian rules.

I still talk to people who have crazy covid work policies like having to use vacation time if they get sick with covid.

Don't get tested!

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm not sure it's not that high. Many are woke beyond help and would never break the covidian rules.

I still talk to people who have crazy covid work policies like having to use vacation time if they get sick with covid.

Don't get tested!

It's different when it's an extreme disruption in your life.  Morals and principles are great in theory but when it comes to practicing them when it imposes significant difficulties...

Some context about the Cochrane review might be useful.  but probably not to you all.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/03/scicheck-what-the-cochrane-review-says-about-masks-for-covid-19-and-what-it-doesnt/

“Buying time until vaccines (or an amazing treatment) could be developed was the purpose of the masks,” she said. “My take is that public health officials in 2020-21 didn’t have a lot of options: without an effective vaccine, yet they couldn’t make people stay at home forever. Masks were a reasonable thing to try.”

Cowling agreed that the main function of masks is to delay infection, and that people should have realistic expectations for them.

“Ultimately even a very careful person will be infected eventually, but masks could delay that or reduce the rate of infection from once per year to once every few years, perhaps,” he said. “Community masking is not aimed to prevent everyone from ever getting infected, the aim is to reduce transmission and ‘flatten the curve’, reducing peak healthcare demand, or to work in combination with other measures like social distancing to contain transmission in the short-term.”

On 9/2/2023 at 9:43 AM, Orlando Tim said:

My kids have both gotten it multiple times and the worst symptom is a sore throat for one and sniffles for the other, they are not really threatened by it 

nothing to worry about

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/30/health/covid-deaths-children/index.html

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

58 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Some context about the Cochrane review might be useful.  but probably not to you all.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/03/scicheck-what-the-cochrane-review-says-about-masks-for-covid-19-and-what-it-doesnt/

“Buying time until vaccines (or an amazing treatment) could be developed was the purpose of the masks,” she said. “My take is that public health officials in 2020-21 didn’t have a lot of options: without an effective vaccine, yet they couldn’t make people stay at home forever. Masks were a reasonable thing to try.”

Cowling agreed that the main function of masks is to delay infection, and that people should have realistic expectations for them.

“Ultimately even a very careful person will be infected eventually, but masks could delay that or reduce the rate of infection from once per year to once every few years, perhaps,” he said. “Community masking is not aimed to prevent everyone from ever getting infected, the aim is to reduce transmission and ‘flatten the curve’, reducing peak healthcare demand, or to work in combination with other measures like social distancing to contain transmission in the short-term.”

nothing to worry about

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/30/health/covid-deaths-children/index.html

You believe CNN over actual CDC numbers. Less than 1700 of the 130000 deaths, or 1.5% is from COVID since 2020. Truly 500 kids a year in the entire country is a shame but your risk analysis tells me you are more interested in finding a way to argue that your decisions in 2021 were smart then in actually learning. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You believe CNN over actual CDC numbers. Less than 1700 of the 130000 deaths, or 1.5% is from COVID since 2020. Truly 500 kids a year in the entire country is a shame but your risk analysis tells me you are more interested in finding a way to argue that your decisions in 2021 were smart then in actually learning. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge

CNN linked this page in the story:  https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics.  Something you rarely see in far right reporting because, you know, it's the truth.

31 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

CNN linked this page in the story:  https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics.  Something you rarely see in far right reporting because, you know, it's the truth.

My son is almost 10x more likely to die in an auto crash then from COVID, and that is just flat numbers not including his lack of any comorbidities, but I can't stop him from living his live and the fact that you would recommend I shut down his life to "protect" him makes you not just ridiculous but immoral.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is a stupid juvenile take on masking. If someone chooses to mask up its none of your damn business. You don’t know what health factors people are dealing with that would cause them to choose to mask. Healthy people may have high risk people in their family or they may just want to try to stay uninflected due to work or family responsibilities.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

My son is almost 10x more likely to die in an auto crash then from COVID, and that is just flat numbers not including his lack of any comorbidities, but I can't stop him from living his live and the fact that you would recommend I shut down his life to "protect" him makes you not just ridiculous but immoral.

So you’ve given up with arguing the data …and it’s life which I’d expect a teacher to know…wearing a mask and getting vaccinated are not shutting down his life. But you do you. More power to you. 

“If we looked at all those other leading causes of death – whether you’re talking about motor vehicle accidents or childhood cancer – and we said, ‘Gosh, if we had some simple, safe thing we could do to get rid of one of those, wouldn’t we just jump at it?” And we have that with Covid with vaccines,” said O’Leary, who is also a professor of pediatric infectious disease at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Children’s Hospital Colorado.

O’Leary is chair of infectious diseases for American Academy of Pediatrics. Seems like common sense but that’s uncommon now

The politicization of Covid control measures is one of the stupidest things ever. Covid doesn’t care what party you belong to. And whatever happened to young and healthy people caring for their elders or the weaker people in society. Isn’t that a conservative family value? Covid protocols are nothing compared to the sacrifices older generations made. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

And whatever happened to young and healthy people caring for their elders or the weaker people in society. Isn’t that a conservative family value?

These are not conservatives.  They're MAGA's and they only care about themselves and perhaps their immediate family and will scratch and claw and adopt false beliefs because that's who they are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

The politicization of Covid control measures is one of the stupidest things ever. Covid doesn’t care what party you belong to. And whatever happened to young and healthy people caring for their elders or the weaker people in society. Isn’t that a conservative family value? Covid protocols are nothing compared to the sacrifices older generations made. 

Are you suggesting that the vax, masks, and doing your part by staying six feet apart will prevent infection and transmission? Please say that you are. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So you’ve given up with arguing the data …and it’s life which I’d expect a teacher to know…wearing a mask and getting vaccinated are not shutting down his life. But you do you. More power to you. 

“If we looked at all those other leading causes of death – whether you’re talking about motor vehicle accidents or childhood cancer – and we said, ‘Gosh, if we had some simple, safe thing we could do to get rid of one of those, wouldn’t we just jump at it?” And we have that with Covid with vaccines,” said O’Leary, who is also a professor of pediatric infectious disease at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Children’s Hospital Colorado.

O’Leary is chair of infectious diseases for American Academy of Pediatrics. Seems like common sense but that’s uncommon now

The masks do not improve safety for anyone, even CNN admits that now. As for the vaccine we now know for a fact that it will cause myocarditis in more children than would die from COVID, so if you have a healthy child the vaccine is more a threat than the illness. As you point out common sense says that any "vaccine" I have to get every six months and require everyone else around me get in order to be effective, is not a vaccine. You are like my aunt who told everyone in the summer of 2021 that since was going to be at a family function she would not be there because my kids were not vaccinated, you are an immoral person who would destroy the lives my kids so you don't have to be uncomfortable, you are ok with the increased risk of suicide, obesity and speech development issues that you caused at a hundred fold to the kids you helped with the vaccine mandates. Lastly as for the numbers I understand risk better than almost anyone, which is why I waited to get the first vaccine for myself and will not allow my kids to get any. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

The mandate mob is working hard to go back to that place where they were in control no matter how moronic the rules. were.

and the majority are saying eff that. those voices lost any integrity they claimed to have and are just howling at the moon at this point.

yes, significantly more morons in red states died from Covid because we were wrong...idiot.  but you're right.  why bother with you fools....

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:
10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The masks do not improve safety for anyone, even CNN admits that now. As for the vaccine we now know for a fact that it will cause myocarditis in more children than would die from COVID, so if you have a healthy child the vaccine is more a threat than the illness

Link please.  So the chair of infectious Disease of the American Academy of Pediatrics is advocating killing kids from myocarditis.  He spent his entire adult life in medicine to kill kids.  you are really stupid and it's scary that you are teaching kids.

• Eyeroll 1

Andy with another moronic take.

Covid doesn't care about what party you belong to?

Really?

Because that's exactly what we were told by words and actions smack dab in the middle of the pandemic. That covid rules should not apply to those who are championing the right causes.

As if going to a BLM protest with thousands of others down regulates ACE2 receptor expression on airway epithelial cells......or something. 

You *****tards are completely lost.

I'm sure Quack, MD was right there with these other Quacks.

https://time.com/5848212/doctors-supporting-protests/

Protests during a pandemic allowed for our causes, but not for yours!

Commies say what again?

We support [racial-justice protests] as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators’ ability to gather and demand change,” the letter reads. “This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Are you suggesting that the vax, masks, and doing your part by staying six feet apart will prevent infection and transmission? Please say that you are. 

Are you suggesting that there is nothing at all effective at reducing the possibility of contracting and transmitting a communicable disease? Are you suggesting that the best medical people in the world are all in a mass vaccination conspiracy with Bill Gates to turn us into cyborgs so the government can track our movements? 

To beat the dead horse some more… If masks are not effective, please go work in a hospital Covid unit without one. Did your mother ever teach you to wash your hands? The vax reduces disease severity. Less virus in you likely means less chance to spread virus. So what’s your bright idea to protect people? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Are you suggesting that there is nothing at all effective at reducing the possibility of contracting and transmitting a communicable disease? Are you suggesting that the best medical people in the world are all in a mass vaccination conspiracy with Bill Gates to turn us into cyborgs so the government can track our movements? 

To beat the dead horse some more… If masks are not effective, please go work in a hospital Covid unit without one. Did your mother ever teach you to wash your hands? The vax reduces disease severity. Less virus in you likely means less chance to spread virus. So what’s your bright idea to protect people? 

The vaccine doesn't stop one from catching it or stop one from spreading it.  how is it a vaccine again? cause its closer to gene therapy than a vaccine.

A mask works great, if you follow all the BBP procedures as far as removal and destruction.  But Almost no one does that outside of hospital, lab and teaching settings.  If not it's just a disease carrier, spreader.  

Edited by Chris farley

10 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

St Fauci, as of this weekend on CNN after being confronted with data, is down to “masks help on an individual level”. I’m not even sure what that means but you seem to disagree. Do you advocate widespread masking despite what the latest data shows?

The vaccine, as it became quickly apparent, does not prevent infection or transmission no matter how many times you get it. You want healthy people who are at extremely little risk to continue to get it in order to protect at-risk people despite it not being effective at prevention/transmission. That makes no sense. 

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

St Fauci, as of this weekend on CNN after being confronted with data, is down to “masks help on an individual level”. I’m not even sure what that means but you seem to disagree. Do you advocate widespread masking despite what the latest data shows?

The vaccine, as it became quickly apparent, does not prevent infection or transmission no matter how many times you get it. You want healthy people who are at extremely little risk to continue to get it in order to protect at-risk people despite it not being effective at prevention/transmission. That makes no sense. 

Do you ever read anything about Covid other than right wing propaganda and disinformation?  I linked an article earlier explaining that the authors of the review did not agree with th e conclusion that masks don't work.  Here is Cochrane's official statement:  https://www.cochrane.org/news/statement-physical-interventions-interrupt-or-reduce-spread-respiratory-viruses-review

from the editor in chief

"It would be accurate to say that the review examined whether interventions to promote mask wearing help to slow the spread of respiratory viruses, and that the results were inconclusive. Given the limitations in the primary evidence, the review is not able to address the question of whether mask-wearing itself reduces people's risk of contracting or spreading respiratory viruses. 

The review authors are clear on the limitations in the abstract: 'The high risk of bias in the trials, variation in outcome measurement, and relatively low adherence with the interventions during the studies hampers drawing firm conclusions.' Adherence in this context refers to the number of people who actually wore the provided masks when encouraged to do so as part of the intervention. For example, in the most heavily-weighted trial of interventions to promote community mask wearing, 42.3% of people in the intervention arm wore masks compared to 13.3% of those in the control arm. 

So it was morons like you that made the study nearly useless...

Re the effectiveness of vaccines, we saw the largest in situ experiment on its effectiveness here in the US.  Counties with low vax rates had higher death rates and vice versa.

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Are you suggesting that the best medical people in the world are all in a mass vaccination conspiracy with Bill Gates to turn us into cyborgs so the government can track our movements? 

They already know that no one in power cares about them except trump🤣 so why would Bill Gates?

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Do you ever read anything about Covid other than right wing propaganda and disinformation?  I linked an article earlier explaining that the authors of the review did not agree with th e conclusion that masks don't work.  Here is Cochrane's official statement:  https://www.cochrane.org/news/statement-physical-interventions-interrupt-or-reduce-spread-respiratory-viruses-review

Re the effectiveness of vaccines, we saw the largest in situ experiment on its effectiveness here in the US.  Counties with low vax rates had higher death rates and vice versa.

It would be accurate to say that the review examined whether interventions to promote mask wearing help to slow the spread of respiratory viruses, and that the results were inconclusive. Given the limitations in the primary evidence, the review is not able to address the question of whether mask-wearing itself reduces people's risk of contracting or spreading respiratory viruses. 

Are you ignoring this from Cochrane? You should start masking again. That way you and everyone in your circle will feel better emotionally and stay covid-free. Between superspreader events like football games, concerts, and packed airplanes along with citizens going about their normal lives, there’s just too much risk out there. Stay safe!

• Like (+1) 1

LOL, yeah,

Cochrane has been in official relations with the World Health Organization (WHO) since 2011. This collaboration includes the right to appoint a representative to participate, without vote, in WHO's meetings, including at the World Health Assembly, the WHO's decision-making body, allowing us to make expository statements on WHO health resolutions. This relationship gives us the opportunity to provide input on the way research evidence is identified, synthesized, assessed and used by WHO. In addition, we provide reliable summaries of health information which can be used to inform recommendations and policies. It promotes intersectoral collaboration and high-quality research between our two organizations to produce the necessary evidence to ensure policies in all sectors contribute to improving health and health equity.

Evidence Aid started as a project within Cochrane, and was subsequently registered as an independent charity in 2015. Evidence Aid’s vision is that those in need receive humanitarian aid in the most timely, effective and appropriate way possible. To achieve this, Evidence Aid’s mission is to inspire and enable those guiding the humanitarian sector to apply an evidence-based approach in their activities and decisions. In doing this, Evidence Aid raises the profile of systematic reviews, including those published in the Cochrane Library, within the humanitarian sector.

https://evidenceaid.org/commissioned-projects/

right from the WHO to your post.

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

It would be accurate to say that the review examined whether interventions to promote mask wearing help to slow the spread of respiratory viruses, and that the results were inconclusive. Given the limitations in the primary evidence, the review is not able to address the question of whether mask-wearing itself reduces people's risk of contracting or spreading respiratory viruses. 

Are you ignoring this from Cochrane? You should start masking again. That way you and everyone in your circle will feel better emotionally and stay covid-free. Between superspreader events like football games, concerts, and packed airplanes along with citizens going about their normal lives, there’s just too much risk out there. Stay safe!

of course I'm not ignoring it.  I posted it.  What do you think the words mean?  They mean that the studies available don't answer the question, in a large part because even in the "intervention" group only 40% non morons wore masks. 60% were/are morons.

And what about the mortality data from vaxed versus unvaxed counties and states.  We probably couldn't have designed a more elegant study.  Certainly not one this big.  And it showed more people died in unvaxed areas consistently.  I guess you believe that was coincidence?

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

lol, she edited her comment after you made yours to include it. 

they seem to have one coordinated goal but are not that good at it.

its desperate to pull out that discredited and anti-scientific article about people that didn't get the shot, that died.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

its desperate to pull out that discredited and anti-scientific article about people that didn't get the shot, that died.

I'm 100% XY but why do you hate women.  Maybe because of your arrest?  I linked the article containing the quote in my first draft.  I then went into the article to cut and paste the salient quote from the editor in chief.  but keep deflecting, cuz it says what I said.  Intellectual dishonesty (and general dishonesty) is all that you MAGA's have to argue with.  Oh, and pls link evidence that the mortality stats from red and blue areas was discredited.  And not some catcrap crap...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The constant edits are interesting. The rush to post incomplete thoughts is reflective of the overwrought mindset I guess. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

The constant edits are interesting. The rush to post incomplete thoughts is reflective of the overwrought mindset I guess. 

deflect, deflect, deflect.  but I'm sure Hemingway wrote "A farewell to Arms" in one draft. (he likely rewrote the opening sentence many times.)..simple minds do simple thing and vice versa.

So let's go back to the Cochrane review.  You do know it's a review of existing studies and not an originall study, right?  That's important in understanding that it found existing studies inconclusive...

And the mortality data for red vs blue states.  You seem to be avoiding that like the plague (pun intended).

• Eyeroll 1