Biden clearly has dementia, you can admit that right? "Four more years....Pause"

Joe Biden is clearly exhibiting symptoms of cognitive decline, you can admit that right?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion does Joe Biden exhibit clear symptoms of cognitive decline?

2. 2. If you answered no to the 1st question, why are you a partisan hack?

• Because I'm a moron
    • Because I'm a PPP troll.

On Friday Biden closed his remarks in Connecticut  on the topic of gun control uttering the motto "God save the Queen". 

I expect his PR people will tell us he was commenting on the CBS hit show The Equalizer.

To which I say "God save America".

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/16/2023 at 11:27 PM, B-Man said:

GOD SAVE US ALL

Maybe there is a good reason why Joe Biden would wind up a speech in Connecticut with “God save the Queen.”

Although I can’t imagine, offhand, what it might be. And maybe Joe hasn’t gotten the news about the Queen’s demise. It’s hard to say. He leaves the stage with his usual panache, too:

BIDEN: “God save the Queen!"
He’s in Connecticut. And the Queen is dead…

There is little in the Constitution regarding qualifications to be president. You have to be at least 35 years old, but it probably never occurred to the Founders to specify a maximum age. Maybe that has turned out to be an oversight that might be corrected via amendment.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/06/god-save-us-all.php

Back then people rarely made it past 60...

13 hours ago, Wacka said:

The DNC will soon be  hooking up electrodes to joke so they can zap him when he strays. Like those electric dog collars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Joe Biden Is Not OK

BY: DAVID HARSANYI

There is nothing unique about being a scatterbrained 80-year-old. But a scatterbrained 80-year-old should not be president.

The other day, Joe Biden ended a big gun-control speech in Connecticut with the words, “God save the queen, man.” Why did the president express adoration for the departed Brit monarch? Was he confused about royal succession? Is he a Sex Pistols fan? Who knows.

When asked about the incident, White House aides offered nonsensical and conflicting answers — because they have absolutely no idea, and neither does the president. It’s likely that the octogenarian spontaneously used a cool-sounding phrase, much like when your elderly neighbor tells you to “keep on truckin’” or whatever, for no apparent reason. It happens.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/20/joe-biden-is-not-ok/

Five and a half more years. . . . . . . . . . . . . be serious.

There is no need for insinuation. Biden’s mental acuity, never impressive, has considerably deteriorated.

Sure, he also tends to botch “old-timey” sayings like, “lots of luck in your senior year,” which he says is a gibe from his Corn Pop days. But most reporters who pretend perceptions of Biden’s decline are due to his propensity for homespun maxims or previously unknown stuttering problems almost surely wouldn’t find him fit enough to babysit their kids.

Every week, the president of the United States says something completely bonkers, and everyone goes on with their day.

We’re not talking about his propensity to lie about politics or his blustery lifelong fabulism (his “folksiness,” The New York Times recently explained, “can veer into a personal folklore” with “the factual edges shaved off to make them more powerful for audiences.”)

We’re talking about his inability to articulate simple ideas without notes — and often with notes. There are rarely any fact-checks of these statements. How can there be? They don’t even make sense as lies.

There is no handwringing about the role of competency in our democracy. There is no discussion about the 25th Amendment.

Just listen to any one of his speeches. “Put a pistol on a brace, it turns into a gun — makes it more — you can have a higher-caliber weapon, higher-caliber bullet coming out of that gun,” the president explained before wishing Her Majesty his best. This was also complete gibberish.

There is so much gibberish.

Biden’s relationship with the truth was always at arm’s length but now his lies don’t even make any sense.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/20/joe-biden-is-not-ok/

People know.

WITH GOOD REASON: 2 in 3 concerned about Biden’s mental, physical health: survey.

He’s not fit to be president.

He wasn’t fit when he ran for election.

The press and the Democratic Party — but I repeat myself — colluded to conceal that fact.

https://news.yahoo.com/2-3-concerned-biden-mental-165405667.html

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

People know.

WITH GOOD REASON: 2 in 3 concerned about Biden’s mental, physical health: survey.

He’s not fit to be president.

He wasn’t fit when he ran for election.

The press and the Democratic Party — but I repeat myself — colluded to conceal that fact.

https://news.yahoo.com/2-3-concerned-biden-mental-165405667.html

"He's lost a bit off his fastball"

@ChiGoose The King

"By all accounts Biden’s  speech is even better than it was 20 years ago"

@redtail hawk Quack, MD

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden ain't the one running like a Putin away from debating. This cry baby is blubbering out that everything, and everyone is unfair to him. MAGA agrees, because they agree with everything Trump does and says 

His isn't running, they are hiding him because of his obvious to everyone infirmity.

It has noting to do with Trump.

Biden is significantly diminished, and he didn't start from a high point to begin with.

and God save the queen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

His isn't running, they are hiding him because of his obvious to everyone infirmity.

Biden is significantly diminished, and he didn't start from a high point to begin with.

and God save the queen.

keep trying to get traction.  maybe a log under the back wheels.  or buy a 4 wheel drive next time....

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, sherpa said:

and God save the queen.

image.png.321eef66522f50c5400ada78928c3106.png

It would be great if people would take this question seriously instead of trying to score silly political points. I'm on record here as being in favor of a constitutional amendment that would set a maximum age for Presidential (and probably VP) candidates. What that age would be (72 at the time of inauguration? Not more than 78 at the time your term in office would end? Younger? Even older?) is a good subject for debate.

The original serious question here (ignoring for a moment the unserious poster) was "can you admit that Biden is showing signs of cognitive decline?" My answer is: Yes. He is. As is virtually every person over the age of 75. It is often mixed up with "is [name] showing signs of dementia?" That is a related but very different question since dementia is defined quite differently than normal decline.

So here's what I mean by "normal decline":

https://www.sciencealert.com/does-iq-decline-as-we-age-one-type-of-intelligence-peaks-in-your-twenties

Of course, there are many kinds of intelligence. Classic "g," general intelligence, is just one, but one we often hear about since IQ is an attempt to measure that, and there are even subclasses of intelligence there. Here's what we know:

"Global IQ is an amalgam of different kinds of intelligence, the most popularly studied being fluid intelligence and crystallized intelligence which together – along with abilities called working memory and processing speed – are combined to yield global or Full Scale IQ," Kaufman says.

"Fluid intelligence or fluid reasoning reflects the ability to solve novel problems, the kind that aren't taught in school," he explains, "whereas crystallized intelligence or crystallized knowledge measures learning and problem solving that are related to schooling and acculturation."

These different types of intelligence show different patterns as you get older.

Crystallized intelligence "averages 98 at ages 20–24, rises to 101 by ages 35–44, before declining to 100 (ages 45–54), then 98 (55–64), then 96 (65–69), then 93 (70–74), and 88 (75+)," says Kaufman.

Fluid intelligence drops much more quickly. Kaufman reveals that it "peaks at ages 20–24 (100), drops gradually to 99 (25–34) and 96 (35–44) before starting a rollercoaster plunge to 91 (45–54), 86 (55–64), 83 (65–69), 79 (70–74), and 72 (75+)."

It would be fair to say that "fluid intelligence" is the type of thing we value in engineers/inventors/many types of scientists. And it plummets from about one's mid-40s.

But even "crystallized intelligence" -- probably the kind most valued in politicians/managers/administrators/Presidents -- also declines. Later and slower, but still declines. There's not so much a cliff as a steady decline that becomes a cause for concern in one's 70s, and certainly by 75.

All people are individuals. These are averages. But it is normal and expected to see measurable cognitive decline of the types of intelligence that matter by the time one reaches his/her mid-70s. That's why I think that's a good place to set a cut-off for Presidents. 

What do I see in Biden? Exactly what is to be expected at his age. It's not good. I wish the Dems would put up someone else, or that he'd step aside. It's not dementia as far as I can tell. It's normal, typical old man decline.

Does that mean I should never vote for him? Well, of course we have to keep in mind that voting in the USA is a binary choice, and if his challenger is also in that kind of decline phase, I have to decide based on other things. And I also have to decide based on the composition of the other branches of the government as a whole, and based on the types of people (and their competence) that a President or potential President surrounds him or herself with. But it doesn't do anyone any good to deny that we have a lot - way too many - of our government leaders and backbenchers who are well into their declines. Including but not limited to Biden, McConnell, Pelosi (no longer in leadership thankfully), Trump, some Supreme Court justices, etc., etc.

48 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

keep trying to get traction.  maybe a log under the back wheels.  or buy a 4 wheel drive next time....

Interesting you should offer unsolicited advice on "traction."

I seem to being just fine in that regard in both ambulatory and verbal pursuits, unlike the subject at hand, who stumbles near daily in both.

• Haha (+1) 2