Philadelphia Eagles Schedule is a Joke

Coach55

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Kyler Murray has to be super frustrating if I was a Cards fan...he is OK, but gets down far too frequently in games and relies on big comebacks often...

Then he slides on 2nd down before the sticks and spikes the ball to stop the clock on 3rd down forcing a 43 yard FG when they had plenty of time left on the clock to either get closer or score a TD. Just no awareness of the situation, although the coaching staff has to take some blame since they could have been telling him to run a play to get the First Down instead of spiking it.

Yeah that slide was a total WTF moment.

Still too early to tell for the Eagles...imo.

No doubt their schedule is a bit soft, but usually the good and bad teams start to sort themselves out by weeks 4-5, but I'm not sure we are quite there yet this season. Buffalo and KC are both really good, the Eagles appear to be in that vicinity, but at least a notch below (for now). Then you have your Bucs, Ravens...maybe GB and Chargers. SF will win a lot of games with their defense. After that, who knows? I'm not sold on the Jets, Dolphins, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants, and Titans yet (all who currently have good records), and even some of the one-win teams have played well at times this year (Raiders, Houston, Detroit). So, I don't think we have the full picture on strength of schedule yet.

And to this point, the Eagles beat Detroit and Arizona (both very good offenses) each by only 3 points. But in their other three games, they beat Washington, Jacksonville, and Minnesota by a combined score of 77-36. They are beating who they are supposed to beat and 3 out of 5 games, soundly.

So, to this point, I would lean to them indeed being a very good team (not in Buffalo or KC territory though), but I think we need a couple more weeks for all of the other teams to settle out before we can judge a team on their SOS.

I think the best teams in the NFC are the Eagles, 49ers, Vikings and Cowboys. Green Bay and Tampa have Rodgers and Brady so you have to respect them but neither look like the team of old to me. And the Rams look a bit like a team that climbed the mountain and isn't that interested in doing it again. Some of it is personnel and scheme issues but I wonder how much their HC and their best player both flirting with retirement in the aftermath of the Superbowl has played into what looks like a less driven mental approach?

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If Tua can come back and play at a similar level pre injury I still think they are a serious contender.

They also have a favorable schedule and should be in line for a WC spot at worst but it's really all dependent on the QB situation right now.

No, just no. The Dolphins are the Tom Keating of the NFL, and that was before the karma of week 3 descended.

15 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Nothing against the Eagles and how good they are, but it is quite possible for them to win 14+ games this season and not actually play a real super bowl contender.  When the chips all fall, by the end of the season, they will play maybe 4-5 winning teams, none of which I would call upper echelon teams (maybe Green Bay - and even that is questionable now).  To boot, the only tough road game they have is Dallas.  In ranking the teams (Tier 1 - real contenders, Tier 2 - 1st round exit playoff team, Tier 3 - back into the playoffs if they are lucky, Tier 4 - 6-8 win teams, Tier 5 - please help them).  It is crazy how easy they have it.  When all is said and done, they may have the easiest schedule in the league. 

My prediction is they walk through their schedule, get the first round bye and get bounced at home when they actually play a real team.  

Buffalo's schedule has been a joke the last few years. If they are a good team- they should be winning these games and they are. What Tier 1 teams did we play last year that were Super Bowl contenders(KC and TB) and we went 1-2 against them. Relax

I'll be honest, I like the Eagles and Eagles fans in general. I have never had a bad experience with Eagles fans, and most have generally been fine for the Bills. I enjoy bonding over a shared dislike of the Cowboys and Patriots.

So I'll be honest: they are getting too confident. Their roster looks a lot like our 2016/2017 team: loaded at all positions other than QB, and with a QB who can do just enough. Like Tyrod, Hurts is getting the most out of his run talents and is hitting some nice deep throws. Eventually they will play a team that has a defense that will clamp down and force them to death by papercut style offense. (I suspect this Sunday)

But yeah, they have a light schedule. It's not their doing, and I expect them to be a playoff team. The NFC is such a joke right now that they might even win. But Superbowl? Not unless the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens and Titans all beat themselves up so horribly in the playoffs that no one can field a complete roster.

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'll be honest, I like the Eagles and Eagles fans in general. I have never had a bad experience with Eagles fans, and most have generally been fine for the Bills. I enjoy bonding over a shared dislike of the Cowboys and Patriots.

So I'll be honest: they are getting too confident. Their roster looks a lot like our 2016/2017 team: loaded at all positions other than QB, and with a QB who can do just enough. Like Tyrod, Hurts is getting the most out of his run talents and is hitting some nice deep throws. Eventually they will play a team that has a defense that will clamp down and force them to death by papercut style offense. (I suspect this Sunday)

But yeah, they have a light schedule. It's not their doing, and I expect them to be a playoff team. The NFC is such a joke right now that they might even win. But Superbowl? Not unless the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens and Titans all beat themselves up so horribly in the playoffs that no one can field a complete roster.

Hurts is already better than Tyrod ever was, and our 2017 was not loaded anywhere. The top receivers were Zay Jones, Deonte Thompson and Jordan Matthews. 

15 hours ago, eball said:

There is no home field advantage in the Super Bowl…in case you were confused.

There has been the last two years. Tampa won in Tampa and LA won in LA.

15 hours ago, elijah said:

What’s the saying? Don’t ***** where you sleep?

Don't ***** where you eat

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.