Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No. It does not.  His contract can be restructured to be only a 4.8 million cap hit next year. 

CMC? His contract can be restructured to be whatever we want next year (that he'll agree to obviously). There is no guaranteed money left, so if he is cut he earns nothing until he gets another deal. And an aging, injured RB is not making more than $5M on the open market. He becomes real cheap, actually.

We could probably restructure him, and extend Poyer, and extend Oliver.

The toughest one is Edmunds considering his market value will be around $18M-20M, and that is a LOT to eat for a guy we were unsure on going into this season.

3 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

To get MCaffrey under the cap we'll have to cut Tre White, trade Stefon Diggs, get Josh to take a pay-cut and still petition the league to expand the cap more than planned. 

I don’t know if this was meant to be a joke. But the 3 players you mentioned have a combined cap hit of 75 million in 2023, so that isn’t even close to accurate. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

CMC? His contract can be restructured to be whatever we want next year (that he'll agree to obviously). There is no guaranteed money left, so if he is cut he earns nothing until he gets another deal. And an aging, injured RB is not making more than $5M on the open market. He becomes real cheap, actually.

The toughest one is Edmunds considering his market value will be around $18M-20M, and that is a LOT to eat for a guy we were unsure on going into this season.

Tag Edmunds? As of now, if someone has to walk I'd let Oliver go 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

To get MCaffrey under the cap we'll have to cut Tre White, trade Stefon Diggs, get Josh to take a pay-cut and still petition the league to expand the cap more than planned. 

Or get Mccaffery to agree to a revision of his contract closer to the market value of his production the last couple years that is incentive laden.

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Joe B. from the Athletic stated McCaffrey's contract can easily be restructured so the 23' hit is 4.8 million as others have brought up, there is no guaranteed $ 

All accurate but I'm curious where he is getting such an exact figure of $4.8M. There is no guaranteed money, so it can be restructured to anything. Could be $3M if CMC would agree to it. There is no floor other than what CMC will agree to, as far as I know.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Ehh, still tough with a Tag number of $18.7M

Extend Allen every year and push $$ around! Time to circumvent the cap! 

All accurate but I'm curious where he is getting such an exact figure of $4.8M. There is no guaranteed money, so it can be restructured to anything. Could be $3M if CMC would agree to it.

I could be wrong, but I think a restructure has specific hits per year based on how you want to allocate. Now, if it was a new contract that would be different, right?

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You said he's  "an aging, injured RB", that's what we're trying to get? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

You said he's  "an aging, injured RB", that's what we're trying to get? 🤔

As far as what teams will use in negotiations in Free Agency. He certainly isnt going to get the ridiculous $12M/yr that Carolina was dumb enough to sign him to. Doesnt mean he cant play at all, or isnt good. It's just the market.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.