Trey Lance just carted off..

LabattBlue

• LabattBlue changed the title to Trey Lance just carted off..
3 minutes ago, Process said:

I am on 49ers -8.5 and I don't know whether to be happy or sad

Be happy.  Lance is 💩 right now.  

He needs a thousand more reps til he’s ready.  Looks to have zero feel for the game from what I’ve seen.  Very little experience and basically taking 2 years off from live games.

i think Jimmy gives them a much better chance to win right now

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

I bet Jimmy G is regretting that pay cut now. 

You'd think, but it's not like teams were lining up.  I didn't think that Lance is that great of a prospect, and if Jimmy G is serviceable or better this year (and stays healthy), he'll get an extension in SF or a new contract elsewhere.  He isn't great, but folks like Geno Smith and Blaine Gabbert still play in this league.

• Like (+1) 1

What is OP's point?

They just want Allen to not run ever? Then he's not the best player in the game. I rather him be the best player in the game. 

Or are you just wanting to be super picky about when he runs? So you can nit pick and complain constantly. What is your point exactly? 

Of course QB's can get injured running, in the pocket or just slipping on a mat. 

Did OP take people seriously who said QB's who run don't get injured?

• Like (+1) 2

And that's why they kept Jimmy G...because they knew Lance was made of glass 

25 minutes ago, GymShorts84 said:

They didn’t show a replay and implied it was gruesome. Maybe a dislocated ankle? Definitely out long term. 

Yeah you don't get put on a cart for a sprain.

Running and sliding, fine. Running and getting out of bounds, fine.  Designed runs into traffic in excess, not fine. 

I guarantee if Allen gets hurt on a designed run, the same people who now say it is fine, and part of his game, will then say, Dorsey is an idiot and should be fired. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Running and sliding, fine. Running and getting out of bounds, fine.  Designed runs into traffic in excess, not fine. 

I guarantee if Allen gets hurt on a designed run, the same people who now say it is fine, and part of his game, will then say, Dorsey is an idiot and should be fired. 

Probably , but that would be foolish on their part. Unless god forbid something like that occurred when up by 3 TDs in the 4th quarter or something. Knock on wood, but it’s part of Josh’s game and contributes to winning. Dorsey should be judicious with its use. 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So you are in the zero designed runs camp? Or just not in excess? Seems very nit picky too me. Just got to roll with it. Must of us are of the opinion you just got to let Allen be Allen because it's what make him so great. We will have to deal with the injuries when and not if they arise. Just hope they aren't serious and keep Allen out too long. And hope he can avoid them for another couple seasons. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.