Colts cut kicker after missing OT game winner and 2 KO out-of-bounds

JÂy RÛßeÒ

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

I love Kiper and Schein.  But even they will tell you that the draft is a crap shoot and in private would tell you that they probably wouldn't bet their life on one of their "locks" being a good pick.  And that's the great thing about being a "draftnik" (which Kiper invented and why he still is around): total lack of accountability.  They're personalities.  If these guys could truly pick players, they'd take the next step and become GMs like Mayock did (and we saw how that turned out). 

The fact is that Josh was one of the most polarizing players with the majority of people thinking he'd fail.  I was one of them but am ecstatic to have been wrong about that because it was just my prediction.

Anyway I don't know what got your panties in a twist or made you think that your opinion couldn't be challenged so untwist and/or get over yourself.  It's a discussion and we're rooting for the same team and especially Josh.

I replied to the fact you said Kiper is passe and nobody listens to Schein. That has nothing to do with my opinion of either one of them. I used them as examples of high profile personalities that had a high opinion of Josh.  If you love them why did you basically say they're they're irrelevant when they both get high enough ratings to stay on the air?  Questioning your statement that I quoted in this post's 1st sentence is hardly a twisted panties response when I disagreed that guys who continue to be employed for years by high profile networks are irrelevant.  Guys who are passe and that nobody listens to don't remain on the air. The networks move on from them looking for higher ratings. That's a fact, not my opinion. 

Kickers have a thankless job...

Make the kick and you did your job, the only one you have.

Miss it and you suck.

Kick the ball out of bounds and you suck.

Basically you are only as good as your last kick.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I replied to the fact you said Kiper is passe and nobody listens to Schein. That has nothing to do with my opinion of either one of them. I used them as examples of high profile personalities that had a high opinion of Josh.  If you love them why did you basically say they're they're irrelevant when they both get high enough ratings to stay on the air?  Questioning your statement that I quoted in this post's 1st sentence is hardly a twisted panties response when I disagreed that guys who continue to be employed for years by high profile networks are irrelevant.  Guys who are passe and that nobody listens to don't remain on the air. The networks move on from them looking for higher ratings. That's a fact, not my opinion.

I don't understand why you took such offense to me saying that most experts, all of whom are also employed and on-air, thought he'd be a bust.  I remember seeing a panel with 5 people talking draft being asked who will be the best QB and when Kiper said "I know I'm going to get some push back but Josh Allen" and they all looked at him like he was crazy.  I remember Mina Kimes letting out a squeal when they drafted him.  Colin Cowherd and Dan Lebatard laughing at the pick.  Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw saying he could never become accurate.  Jalen Ramsey saying he was trash.  And that's just off the top of my head. 

I mean great for Kiper and Schein getting it right, but they're the only 2 people I can recall off the top of my head (and I'm taking your word on Schein, who loves him now, while I know Kiper loved him back then).

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I don't understand why you took such offense to me saying that most experts, all of whom are also employed and on-air, thought he'd be a bust.  I remember seeing a panel with 5 people talking draft being asked who will be the best QB and when Kiper said "I know I'm going to get some push back but Josh Allen" and they all looked at him like he was crazy.  I remember Mina Kimes letting out a squeal when they drafted him.  Colin Cowherd and Dan Lebatard laughing at the pick.  Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw saying he could never become accurate.  Jalen Ramsey saying he was trash.  And that's just off the top of my head. 

I mean great for Kiper and Schein getting it right, but they're the only 2 people I can recall off the top of my head (and I'm taking your word on Schein, who loves him now, while I know Kiper loved him back then).

I wasn't offended, I remember it was split about 50/50.  Many of the people who loved Josh I didn't list because there was no reason to list a bunch because since it was around 50/50 you could easily match it as you've done here.  The problem in the media was the anti-Josh crowd had the bigger mouths & became more memorable, while people like Pete Prisco, who said the following (below), were drowned out, especially by the guys at WGR:  There were many on both sides.  My 1st response was to my belief that there was no clear majority as most likely to bust.  If you had said many people thought Josh would bust, not most likely to bust, I would have let it go, but I don't think there was a clear majority one way or another.  As far as draft analysts, my favorite one, the late Dave Te'Thomas, had Josh on top in 2018.  

Prisco: 

7. Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
Grade: A+

They get the best QB in the draft and they had to go make the move to get him. Love the trade, love the pick. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I wasn't offended, I remember it was split about 50/50.  Many of the people who loved Josh I didn't list because there was no reason to list a bunch because since it was around 50/50 you could easily match it as you've done here.  The problem in the media was the anti-Josh crowd had the bigger mouths & became more memorable, while people like Pete Prisco, who said the following (below), were drowned out, especially by the guys at WGR:  There were many on both sides.  My 1st response was to my belief that there was no clear majority as most likely to bust.  If you had said many people thought Josh would bust, not most likely to bust, I would have let it go, but I don't think there was a clear majority one way or another.  As far as draft analysts, my favorite one, the late Dave Te'Thomas, had Josh on top in 2018.  

Prisco: 

7. Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
Grade: A+

They get the best QB in the draft and they had to go make the move to get him. Love the trade, love the pick. 

This was my favorite: 

Also, everyone said he couldn't throw with touch, like he literally couldn't do it, then he threw a td in the Senior Bowl with touch and it was like um wait a second, people are not being objective! 

Check 43 seconds and 1:40

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Clocks ticking on Frank. Irsay may not give him till the end of the season if things don't change.

10 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I like Reich obv and he's regarded as a great oc.... thst said, vouching for Wentz, and allowing that team to blow week 18 against jags for playoff birth is hard to forgive.

If he survived that, I think he gets some time to fix the ship.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Whether Frank survives depends on them making the playoffs.  Anything less than playoffs and he's gone, being that it will be 2 straight non-playoff seasons and 3 out of 5 years.  Especially if he was instrumental in convincing them to go with Ryan (after the Wentz debacle).

Indy GM Chris Ballard who assembled the roster is not at least as culpable as Reich? He hired Reich. It'll be interesting to see what Irsay does when the wheels come off.

10 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

The Blankenship has sunk…

At least it had no deck chairs seeing as it was a blanken ship.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Indy GM Chris Ballard who assembled the roster is not at least as culpable as Reich? He hired Reich. It'll be interesting to see what Irsay does when the wheels come off.

They both are.  But I'll amend what I said about Frank getting fired because he just signed a 5-year extensions last year (as did Ballard).  That might prevent Irsay from doing anything.

3 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I think Ballard has assembled a good roster & has hit on a good amount of picks. Unfortunately, they've never figured out how to replace Andrew Luck.  The 1st year (2019) they were stuck because Luck retired too late for them to look for a QB.  Since they felt they are in win now mode, they went the veteran route in 2020 with Rivers, who called it quits & put them back to square one.  For 2021 Reich had too much input into the decision to trade for Wentz, it cost them their 2022 1st round pick, a bad mistake. Now it's back to the Rivers route going with Ryan at the end of his career.  Their win now attitude has put them in QB hell with 5 different QBs each of the last 5 years.  That's no way to win.  Eventually, they're going to have to figure out a way to get a young QB in there who they can project for a decade and not go year to year hoping to squeeze 1 more productive season out of a QB on the downside of his career.  I don't know if Ballard has the guts to do what Beane did in 2018, assembling enough draft capital to go all the way up to 7 from pick 21 by moving 3 other players/picks to get there. The Colts are too good to be picking high enough where they'll finish unless they get very bold or luck out like GB did with Rodgers years ago. The other option is to let Ryan go after this year & bottom out next year with a bum at QB like they did when Peyton missed the season & they were able to suck for Luck. However, the coach & GM both got fired as a result of that bad season.  

58 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think Ballard has assembled a good roster & has hit on a good amount of picks. Unfortunately, they've never figured out how to replace Andrew Luck.  The 1st year (2019) they were stuck because Luck retired too late for them to look for a QB.  Since they felt they are in win now mode, they went the veteran route in 2020 with Rivers, who called it quits & put them back to square one.  For 2021 Reich had too much input into the decision to trade for Wentz, it cost them their 2022 1st round pick, a bad mistake. Now it's back to the Rivers route going with Ryan at the end of his career.  Their win now attitude has put them in QB hell with 5 different QBs each of the last 5 years.  That's no way to win.  Eventually, they're going to have to figure out a way to get a young QB in there who they can project for a decade and not go year to year hoping to squeeze 1 more productive season out of a QB on the downside of his career.  I don't know if Ballard has the guts to do what Beane did in 2018, assembling enough draft capital to go all the way up to 7 from pick 21 by moving 3 other players/picks to get there. The Colts are too good to be picking high enough where they'll finish unless they get very bold or luck out like GB did with Rodgers years ago. The other option is to let Ryan go after this year & bottom out next year with a bum at QB like they did when Peyton missed the season & they were able to suck for Luck. However, the coach & GM both got fired as a result of that bad season.  

I think they had hoped Jacob Eason would be a developmental guy but he was beat out by Ehlinger and cut. Matt Ryan is an upgrade from Wentz but hes a band-aid. 

I like Reich and Ballard, but I could see them getting the axe due to the QB position

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.