Ford on Kromer (Paywall)

Coach Tuesday

18 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Of course this does not say much for McDermott ability to pick coaches since he supposedly wanted Mike McCoy who did not even last a season as OC at his next two stops.

I had heard that McDermott wanted to hire Daboll in 2017 but Daboll wanted the Alabama job.

Regardless, like Hondo says, a first time Head Coach doesn't always have the stability, track record, and credibility to hire their first choices.

On balance it seems the Bills have evolved into a pretty solid coaching staff.

For one thing it's pretty amazing the Bills have 4 former OCs on their staff under Dorsey. That's a lot of expertise.

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I had heard that McDermott wanted to hire Daboll in 2017 but Daboll wanted the Alabama job.

Regardless, like Hondo says, a first time Head Coach doesn't always have the stability, track record, and credibility to hire their first choices.

On balance it seems the Bills have evolved into a pretty solid coaching staff.

I don't remember any talk about Daboll in 2017 but definitely agree that well known assistants don't want to work for first time head coaches since there is a high likelihood that those first time coaches will not last very long.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

I don't remember any talk about Daboll in 2017 but definitely agree that well known assistants don't want to work for first time head coaches since there is a high likelihood that those first time coaches will not last very long.

Apparently Daboll coached at William and Mary in the late 90s when McDermott was a senior there and they had maintained their friendship since then. The story I heard was that Daboll wanted the Bama job because he thought working with Saban would be better for his aspirations as a head coach. A bit ironic then that he ended up taking the Bills OC job and parlayed that into becoming a head coach.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks for your opine, but there’s just too many free quality sports articles, programs and podcasts to bother spending a freakin dime on. I do appreciate you posting the highlights of their writer’s opinions though.

I don't begrudge anyone that doesn't subscribe to the Athletic, but as a subscriber I have to say it is very much worth the price. There is better content offered there than on most of the free content. Just my opinion of course.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

It's easy to get around the paywall tbh

I just use dev tools and read the HTML

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Tbh, teach me how to cheat!

I can teach you how to Dougie...

Edited by Big Turk

Been saying it since it was announced — “allowing” Bobby Johnson to leave with Daboll and signing Beach Chairs was the biggest move of the offseason.  I’m not sure enough people realize how awful Johnson was/is, and how much a good coach can help an OL.  I also didn’t “predict” Cody Ford would make the team, but I definitely said it wouldn’t surprise me.

Anyone watch any of the Giants game last night?  Their OL is trash.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.