Jump to content

This year’s (2022) draft may turn out to be shockingly good


BuffaloBill
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do you want me to demonstrate some commonalities that Tyrod and Lamar have that Josh Allen does not?

I could care less what you do.  LJ and TT are not comparable by any stretch of the imagination.  You sir, have no idea what you’re talking about.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Cook looks like he has the opportunity to strongly contribute

Shakir will make the roster and might be the steal of the draft

Benford is supposedly outplaying a first round pick and if Shakir wasn’t the steal of the draft maybe he is

Araiza may live up to his nickname

Spector may be playing himself on to the roster

 

Ok its only preseason but man if Elam comes around as expected the draft may look to be huge a couple of years down the road.

That's six players who would have to displace returning vets to get a roster spot.  Not counting the massive FA turnover on the D line and O line, since none of the six you mentioned are linemen, which six players from last year's strong team would you drop in favor of one of these rookies?  Levi Wallace left as a FA so that opens up one job, and Cole Beasley was cut so that might open up a receiver position -- but we have receivers from the last couple of drafts already waiting in the wings.  Araiza might beat out the incumbent punter, so that's at least one that's not a problem.  

 

My point is that it's going to be really hard to hold on to all six of these players AND to keep the core team together for what we all think is a SB year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I posted 2021 already. Here ya go.

 

As far as the LJ topic is concerned, how could you argue they aren't similar.  Unless you are arguing that similar means same, in which case I would point you to the good people at Merriam Webster.

I don’t see them as similar. Unless by similar you mean a black qb who can run. 
 

Lemar is not only faster than Tyrod, he has a better arm and is more willing to throw deep. Lemar is so much more explosive as a player, and he looks to take open lanes and run. 
 

Tyrod was more like a classic game manager, who took the easy, open shots. He could run, his running was more of a last resort or play extending, than taking open lanes immediately. Overall, I think Tyrod’s running is closer to Josh than Lamar.

 

Lamar is such a unique talent at qb. It’s really hard to compare him to any qb. I’m personally excited to see if he can take a step forward passing this upcoming season. 

  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I could care less what you do.  LJ and TT are not comparable by any stretch of the imagination.  You sir, have no idea what you’re talking about.  

So they are similar but not comparable?

6 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

I don’t see them as similar. Unless by similar you mean a black qb who can run. 
 

Lemar is not only faster than Tyrod, he has a better arm and is more willing to throw deep. Lemar is so much more explosive as a player, and he looks to take open lanes and run. 
 

Tyrod was more like a classic game manager, who took the easy, open shots. He could run, his running was more of a last resort or play extending, than taking open lanes immediately. Overall, I think Tyrod’s running is closer to Josh than Lamar.

 

Lamar is such a unique talent at qb. It’s really hard to compare him to any qb. I’m personally excited to see if he can take a step forward passing this upcoming season. 

Let's play a game:

 

I compared two QB's to Lamar Jackson.  Can you guess who is who?

 

image.thumb.png.442992fc294413455bc83ebafecf511d.png

image.thumb.png.68ded2bcd42ecd213f71427cedd8e825.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2022 at 12:08 PM, The Jokeman said:

So another Lamar Jackson? or Michael Vick? or Tyrod Taylor? until these uber athletic QBs can learn to consistently pass then they're all the same. 

 

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So they are similar but not comparable?

Let's play a game:

 

I compared two QB's to Lamar Jackson.  Can you guess who is who?

 

image.thumb.png.442992fc294413455bc83ebafecf511d.png

image.thumb.png.68ded2bcd42ecd213f71427cedd8e825.png

They are not the same.  That was the conversation.  But feel free to move the goal posts as far as you like.  Have fun wasting your night away.  Again.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So they are similar but not comparable?

Let's play a game:

 

I compared two QB's to Lamar Jackson.  Can you guess who is who?

 

image.thumb.png.442992fc294413455bc83ebafecf511d.png

image.thumb.png.68ded2bcd42ecd213f71427cedd8e825.png

Ok, so compare players based on stats alone? That’s the end of the line? How do they achieve those stats? Garbage time, against a backup, wide open play, there are so many variables as we all know. 
 

For me personally, my comparison of the two is based on what I see with my eyes, them as a football players on the field. Lemar’s play on the field is far and away different than Tyrods. Tyrod was lien a Trent Edwards who could run. That’s who he compares to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

 

They are not the same.  That was the conversation.  But feel free to move the goal posts as far as you like.  Have fun wasting your night away.  Again.   

I never said they were the same lol. You seem to have a lot of personal issues with this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I never said they were the same lol. You seem to have a lot of personal issues with this

Lamar and Tyrod are “extremely similar”

 

got it.

 

yeah, this is “extremely” personal. 🙄 

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So they are similar but not comparable?

Let's play a game:

 

I compared two QB's to Lamar Jackson.  Can you guess who is who?

 

image.thumb.png.442992fc294413455bc83ebafecf511d.png

image.thumb.png.68ded2bcd42ecd213f71427cedd8e825.png

You link stats…one has 20% more games played….. and equal passing yards and 33% less TD passes….. while having 80% less rushing yards.  But they’re EXTREMELY similar.  Oh man.  

  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

Ok, so compare players based on stats alone? That’s the end of the line? How do they achieve those stats? Garbage time, against a backup, wide open play, there are so many variables as we all know. 
 

For me personally, my comparison of the two is based on what I see with my eyes, them as a football players on the field. Lemar’s play on the field is far and away different than Tyrods. Tyrod was lien a Trent Edwards who could run. That’s who he compares to. 

I also like to compare them with my eyes.

 

To my eyes, both LJ and TT struggle with getting the ball to outside WR’s. Now Lamar is very good at reading soft zones and getting the ball to his TE’s. TT well, wasn’t great at that either lol. And you are right, Lamar plays much more aggressive and is a much bigger weapon than TT and frankly other than any mobile QB we have ever seen. He is a unique specimen, not unsimilar to Josh (in uniqueness, not play style).

 

TT and Lamar both have one thing demonstrably in common. They are flawed passers. They cannot (or in TT’s case will not) make every throw consistently enough.  And Lamar is good enough that it doesn’t matter most of the time. 
 

Except when the playoffs start and the teams become tougher.

 

When LJ enters the postseason, he plays well, bad. And IMO, it’s because the flaws in his game are magnified by other teams. That doesn’t make him a bad QB.

 

In fact, I think LJ is talented ENOUGH, that if he didn’t get any better from today on, I still think he’s good enough to win a SuperBowl. 
 

All that being said, I can see the comparisons between TT and LJ. Mobile QB’s whose athleticism compensates for flaws in their passing. If TT couldn’t run, im not sure he would have ever started in the NFL. Now Lamar is very clearly both the superior athlete and the superior passer. If Lamar couldn’t run, he’d still be better than TT. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lamar and Tyrod are “extremely similar”

 

got it.

 

yeah, this is “extremely” personal. 🙄 

You link stats…one has 20% more games played….. and equal passing yards and 33% less TD passes….. while having 80% less rushing yards.  But they’re EXTREMELY similar.  Oh man.  

does this mean you know who is who?

 

You may want to check your math on the bolded lmao

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You link stats…one has 20% more games played….. and equal passing yards and 33% less TD passes….. while having 80% less rushing yards.  But they’re EXTREMELY similar.  Oh man.  

 

You are arguing with a poster who tried to convince this entire board that Matt Breida was the key to unleashing this offense....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lamar Jackson and Tyrod Taylor are extremely similar.

 

got it. 
 

enjoy your night man.  ✌️ 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

 

You are arguing with a poster who tried to convince this entire board that Matt Breida was the key to unleashing this offense....

I know….my bad. 😞   Just wasting time before dinner.  I’m out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That's six players who would have to displace returning vets to get a roster spot.  Not counting the massive FA turnover on the D line and O line, since none of the six you mentioned are linemen, which six players from last year's strong team would you drop in favor of one of these rookies?  Levi Wallace left as a FA so that opens up one job, and Cole Beasley was cut so that might open up a receiver position -- but we have receivers from the last couple of drafts already waiting in the wings.  Araiza might beat out the incumbent punter, so that's at least one that's not a problem.  

 

My point is that it's going to be really hard to hold on to all six of these players AND to keep the core team together for what we all think is a SB year.  
 

 

 

Can keep all the rookies if they train them to take over the special teams specialist roles on the roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Cook looks like he has the opportunity to strongly contribute

Shakir will make the roster and might be the steal of the draft

Benford is supposedly outplaying a first round pick and if Shakir wasn’t the steal of the draft maybe he is

Araiza may live up to his nickname

Spector may be playing himself on to the roster

 

Ok its only preseason but man if Elam comes around as expected the draft may look to be huge a couple of years down the road.

I don't expect 8 rookies to make the 53. Those that don't are absolutely good PS candidates.  Or eventually, injury replacements.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...