Happy Fourth of July

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Awash in hate and name calling like usual. Another day, another hate filled rant. 

Happy Independence Day….and remember to pause and for just one day thank someone today who fought to make it possible for you to be ungrateful.

image.thumb.jpeg.9536ba4eedaf7feac19fd39e9915b859.jpeg

LOVE being lectured by BIGOTS and FASCISTS.

• Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How sad.

Thank god, and my parents that I am not like that.

SJCVNGTVOP5DFO462DD5DPARWY-62b3812ac0065

Thomas Jefferson’s timeless first inaugural address, words to consider in light of the fact that many GOPers and all MAGAs want to overthrow the republic 

During the contest of opinion through which we have passed the animation of discussions and of exertions has sometimes worn an aspect which might impose on strangers unused to think freely and to speak and to write what they think; but this being now decided by the voice of the nation, announced according to the rules of the Constitution, all will, of course, arrange themselves under the will of the law, and unite in common efforts for the common good. All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression. Let us, then, fellow-citizens, unite with one heart and one mind. Let us restore to social intercourse that harmony and affection without which liberty and even life itself are but dreary things. And let us reflect that, having banished from our land that religious intolerance under which mankind so long bled and suffered, we have yet gained little if we countenance a political intolerance as despotic, as wicked, and capable of as bitter and bloody persecutions. During the throes and convulsions of the ancient world, during the agonizing spasms of infuriated man, seeking through blood and slaughter his long-lost liberty, it was not wonderful that the agitation of the billows should reach even this distant and peaceful shore; that this should be more felt and feared by some and less by others, and should divide opinions as to measures of safety. But every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. We have called by different names brethren of the same principle. We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists. If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. I know, indeed, that some honest men fear that a republican government can not be strong, that this Government is not strong enough; but would the honest patriot, in the full tide of successful experiment, abandon a government which has so far kept us free and firm on the theoretic and visionary fear that this Government, the world's best hope, may by possibility want energy to preserve itself? I trust not. I believe this, on the contrary, the strongest Government on earth. I believe it the only one where every man, at the call of the law, would fly to the standard of the law, and would meet invasions of the public order as his own personal concern. Sometimes it is said that man can not be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the forms of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question. 

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

Third verse:

Our fathers' God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright,
With freedom's holy light,
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God our King.

https://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/patrioticsongslyrics/mycountrytisoftheelyrics.html

Notice the first two verses he PURPOSELY left out? 

Notice the only verse he highlighted? 

Don't think this wasn't done on purpose.

Of course Bonnie wouldn't want to highlight land of liberty, land where our fathers died, and DEFINITELY DO NOT highlight where freedom rings.

V1:

My country 'tis

This wee sweet land of liberty
Of thee I sing
Land where my fathers died
Land of the pilgrim's pride
From every mountainside
Let freedom ring
My native country, thee
Land of the noble free
Thy name I love
I love thy rocks and rills
Thy woods and templed hills
My heart will rapture fills like that above

V2:

… Let music swell the breeze
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song
Let mortal tongues awake
Let all that breathe partake
Let rocks their silence break
The sound prolong

13 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Anyone?

No but I would be interested 

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

👆❄️

Truth hurts right?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886paic3cxnv9is2h6pku

Keep sweeping all the inconvenient facts under the rug - typical GOP

VOTE BLUE

🎯

Even 1 day a year you can't resist,  for the good of the country

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Even 1 day a year you can't resist,  for the good of the country

Good of the country?  The cult is plotting to destroy America and true Americans are supposed stand by and listen to these hypocrites?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Good of the country?  The cult is plotting to destroy America and true Americans are supposed stand by and listen to these hypocrites?

No. True Americans are supposed to meme, tweet, and name-call. Over and over and over again. You are essentially a modern day George Washington. Now go outside for a little bit. 

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I don't see 1 side as being more hypocritical than the other. 

1 step to the middle may help your cause....NO, because your cause is just ranting not saving the country. 

If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got....

Must be your motto. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Hi Niagara….read up a few responses. (Ignore the 24/7 hate speech from Billsy.) Alf got the answer. I have to say that I didn’t know it myself until just before starting the thread. There’s so much of our TRUE American history that’s been glossed over throughout the years. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

No. True Americans are supposed to meme, tweet, and name-call. Over and over and over again. You are essentially a modern day George Washington. Now go outside for a little bit. 

So you would rather me post images of children holding American flags and quotes from patriotic songs that have absolutely NO meaning to you?

Nah - I'm not going to putz around  with fascists like you who cheer on guns and destroy the rights of EVERY American.

Liberty and Justice for ALL

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So you would rather me post images of children holding American flags and quotes from patriotic songs that have absolutely NO meaning to you?

Nah - I'm not going to putz around  with fascists like you who cheer on guns and destroy the rights of EVERY American.

You got the name-calling component in but forgot tweet and meme. I am now questioning your patriotism. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Thomas Jefferson’s timeless first inaugural address, words to consider in light of the fact that many GOPers and all MAGAs want to overthrow the republic 

I live quite close to Monticello and am very familiar with Jefferson's life, achievements and expressed views. 

I am quite confident on one thing, and that is that the greatest mind of that time would look at present day Biden, his intellectual capacity,  and say: "WTF."

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Highland Park, Illinois 

Akron, Ohio....60 frigging wounds. Bonnie and Clyde had less. 

• “You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4th, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.” – Erma Bombeck

• “Independence Day: freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

• “It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.” – John Adams

• “I believe in America because we have great dreams, and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true.” – Wendell L. Wilkie

• “We on this continent should never forget that men first crossed the Atlantic not to find soil for their ploughs but to secure liberty for their souls. – Robert J. McCracken

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

The first “Independence” Day where women have less rights today than a year ago.

Why these Americans aren't celebrating the 4th of July post-Roe reversal

image.thumb.jpeg.9cf9f1d6e6f7812cbfc5f00e3ddbf1c5.jpeg

The irony of this thread being created by a leading cult member - just reinforces there righteousness and lack of self awareness while they cheer on the reversal of rights for POC, women, LGTBQ, and suffrage.

Happy 4th to those who embrace our history - honor our veterans who fought for our freedoms - and to those who will embrace the true meaning of the Liberty Bell.

🇺🇸

The base of the Democrat Party - not ONE Boo not one low info lib here calling this embarrassing that he gets a national audience 

If every D is voted out of every local school board, state gov, and DC, the country can be salvaged.  

Until these people are Swept to the ash heap of history the republic is at risk.

Happy 4th!

Never vote Democrat 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I live quite close to Monticello and am very familiar with Jefferson's life, achievements and expressed views. 

I am quite confident on one thing, and that is that the greatest mind of that time would look at present day Biden, his intellectual capacity,  and say: "WTF."

You are speaking for...Thomas Jefferson? 

Ok 😕

But hey, you live near Monticello lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Notice how the cult isn’t chastising @sherpa

Can only imagine Jefferson’s reaction to this mess:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e7pe7vgcj36vcrhcfe

17 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

@JDHillFan- calling JD - no comment about THE cult leaders Tweet?

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

The base of the Democrat Party - not ONE Boo not one low info lib here calling this embarrassing that he gets a national audience 

If every D is voted out of every local school board, state gov, and DC, the country can be salvaged.  

Until these people are Swept to the ash heap of history the republic is at risk.

Happy 4th!

Never vote Democrat 

@JDHILL3- another message here with a TWEET and likes and loves from fellow cult leaders - @B-Man and DR’s fav @BuffaninSarasota.

Of course - no instigating against fellow likeminded fascists, right JD?

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

I'm pretty certain Jefferson would react to Trump the same way I have.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You are speaking for...Thomas Jefferson? 

Ok 😕

But hey, you live near Monticello lol 

Typically ignorant.

If you've read his selective writings, it is not too hard to conclude what he would have thought about this intellectually vacuous failure.

Edited by sherpa

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

@JDHillFan- calling JD - no comment about THE cult leaders Tweet?

@JDHILL3- another message here with a TWEET and likes and loves from fellow cult leaders - @B-Man and DR’s fav @BuffaninSarasota.

Of course - no instigating against fellow likeminded fascists, right JD?

Correct. It’s fun to do it to you. Since you present yourself as the most unpleasant, dim, woke-scold here, it’s fun to pull your chain. I don’t care about the others, only you. Looking forward to your next meme barrage. You are good at that. 

8 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Correct. It’s fun to do it to you. Since you present yourself as the most unpleasant, dim, woke-scold here, it’s fun to pull your chain. I don’t care about the others, only you. Looking forward to your next meme barrage. You are good at that. 

I care about the future of our country and freedom for all.

I know you can give two “trumps” about anything but your self.

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here I start a nice little thread with some  little known Fourth of July trivia…and the PPP sewer takes it over in no time at all. Amazing! (But a bit expected.)

Proving there is nothing sincere about you or the cult. Own dem libs! 

Idiots

Happy 4th to everyone on this board! While at times we may debate on issues or politics, today we remember that we are all Americans and grateful to be citizens of this nation. America has its challenges but there is no place else I would rather live.

• Agree 2