The Goonies was based on a true story

Just Jack

Legendary Spanish galleon shipwreck discovered on Oregon coast

As white settlers came to this dramatic, craggy coast, the Native American accounts became embroidered with increasingly fantastic tales of hidden riches. By the late 19th century, local legends of treasure and galleons—and the hunt for them—appeared regularly in the pages of Oregon newspapers. Those reports caught the attention of filmmaker Steven Spielberg and likely inspired his idea for the 1985 film The Goonies, a Gen-X cult tale of treasure-seeking kids and a mystery galleon on Oregon’s wild Pacific coast.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Story probably sucks as much as the movie.  One of my list of opinions that could cause me bodily harm.  Not getting Radiohead might be tied for the top position 

You've inspired me to start a thread about unpopular opinions.

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's how I feel about: Titanic E.T. , I have never seen those movies.  Simply too late now. BUT, I have seen The Goonies.

I've never seen Titanic and don't plan on it.  E.T. is a timeless classic.  Never too late to see it!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You swayed me.  Will download it after I see the new Minions movie! 😃 

E.T.YouCouldBeHappyHere.thumb.webp.9e908d88c55c180970f859fd4e157473.webp

Let me know when you watch it.  The funniest scene in the movie (to me) is a scene in which no one speaks.  Good stuff!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:12 PM, The Poojer said:

Story probably sucks as much as the movie.  One of my list of opinions that could cause me bodily harm.  Not getting Radiohead might be tied for the top position 

2704E333-BC87-480A-A22F-D35D1F1E439C.thumb.jpeg.ff903fc55dd4205af0dd96eb79e842ab.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.