How Far Will This Court Go?

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

There is no difference.  

I've explained this 1000x.  It doesn't matter if they were active, devout, or practicing Christian. 

Were they Buddhists?

Were their beliefs forged in Hindu India?

Were their ancestors born and raised in China?

No.  They were of the Judeo-Christian World.  Their philosophies on government cannot be separated from their faith - regardless if they went to Church or not. 

They created a government that at its core understood that your rights come from God (whoever you think that is) and its the government's job to protect them.  

Any coach praying before a football game is not imposing ANY religion on anyone.  May some feel uncomfortable?  Sure.  Then fire the coach on grounds he makes kids uncomfortable.  You shouldn't be fired for praying.

Logic:

If you teach or coach at a school where every single kid on the team wants to do it - the Coach included - can they not pray?

If you answered no then I cannot help you.  

Firstly, please point to me in the Constitution where it indicates that this should be a nation built on Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Secondly, after repeatedly telling Kennedy to not pray publicly in while performing his duties as a state employee (while also trying to accommodate his religious need to pray), the District decided not to renew his contract after it expired because he would not adhere to school policy. Kennedy did not apply to be re-hired. 

Here is a scenario to consider:

Biden hires a new White House Press Secretary who is a Muslim. Before the start of each press briefing, she rolls out a mat on the briefing room floor and prays to Mecca. While she does not explicitly say the journalists should join her, some do. Some because they are Muslim and they appreciate the opportunity to pray, others to fit in, and maybe some feel that they will have a better chance of getting their questions answered if they join in.

Do you think this would be ok? I certainly don't.

Edited by ChiGoose

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I get that, Mup, but the issue is already considered from both the male/female perspective.  Respectfully, you're not raising an issue any guy with common sense hasn't considered prior to engaging in the tango (and you must have had some interesting days at the dance studio :flirt:).   Put another way, the argument that an unplanned or unwanted and significant, life-altering potential isn't something that take most men by surprise. 

I really struggle on this issue.   All I'm really trying to do as a voter and citizen is to be true to what I feel is right.  I know for me, I'm pro-choice up to the point I become pro-life.    

Respectfully, you're not raising an issue any guy with common sense hasn't considered prior to engaging in the tango 

I disagree amigo. If guys really did/do consider the ramifications of unprotected sex before having it I do believe there would be a lot less women end up pregnant in the first place. What is it they call it " thinking with the wrong head ".?  Im saying that ultimately even though it is the woman left "holding the bag" errr fetus it is only She who is going to be pregnant  Guys get to walk away and many do. 

Ive said it over and over CONTRACEPTION aka no need for an abortion in the first place. And that fact remains constant. This court decision doesn't impact me personally but i fear for all the women it ultimately may. For many reasons. One of my Christian GF's posted this and Ima gonna leave it here and that'll be that. 

Roe.jpg

Edited by muppy
punctuation
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, muppy said:

I disagree amigo. If guys really did/do consider the ramifications of unprotected sex before having it I do believe there would be a lot less women end up pregnant in the first place. What is it they call it " thinking with the wrong head ".?  Im saying that ultimately even though it is the woman left "holding the bag" errr fetus it is only She who is going to be "pregnant".  Guys get to walk away and many do. 

Ive said it over and over CONTRACEPTION aka no need for an abortion in the first place. And that fact remains constant. This court decision doesn't impact me personally but i fear for all the women it ultimately may. For many reasons. One of my Christian GF's posted this and Ima gonna leave it here and that'll be that. 

Roe.jpg

Not only is the father already LAWFULLY responsible for supporting the child, he is also responsible for paying for the well-being of the mother. Child support isn't solely based need, but it's home-life. This also includes men who are later found to NOT be the biological father.

• Like (+1) 1

So, the commie left is not OK with a high school coach leading willing players in prayer after a game but they are OK with elementary teachers pushing gender identity on little children.

Shocking.

Edited by Beast

Just now, unbillievable said:

Not only is the father already LAWFULLY responsible for supporting the child, he is also responsible for paying for the well-being of the mother. Child support isn't solely based need, but it's home-life. This also includes men who are later found to NOT be the biological father.

tell that to the moms of deadbeat dads and ones out of the picture.  Walk a mile in one of those womans shoes and then get back to me. 

Im not trying to bash men I married a great one.  Finances are just one consideration when a woman makes a decision as to wether to keep or abort a pregnancy. I just dont think it is the gvernments busines to tell a woman what she should do with her body. Tell men what to do with theirs and see what happens.......

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

tell that to the moms of deadbeat dads and ones out of the picture.  Walk a mile in one of those womans shoes and then get back to me. 

Im not trying to bash men I married a great one.  Finances are just one consideration when a woman makes a decision as to wether to keep or abort a pregnancy. I just dont think it is the gvernments busines to tell a woman what she should do with her body. Tell men what to do with theirs and see what happens.......

Those men go to jail.

The government already tells men they are legally required to sign up for the DRAFT. They have to give up their freedom, and possibly their life.

Edited by unbillievable

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

Those men go to jail.

The government already tells men that are legally required to sign up for the DRAFT. They have to give up their freedom, and possibly their life.

you are assuming that women will alwys have the means or opportunity  to go after a guy to prove his paternity.  He may be incarcerated, dead,  he may not even be aware he IS a father and she may not know Who is the father...what a mess.

Im not going to speak n the draft.

Just now, muppy said:

you are assuming that women will alwys have the means or opportunity  to go after a guy to prove his paternity.  He may be incarcerated, dead,  he may not even be aware he IS a father and she may not know Who is the father...what a mess.

Im not going to speak n the draft.

IF a woman can't figure out who the father of her baby is, she's got a lot more problems to worry about other than men. More than likely, she'll have multiple baby daddy's, so she should figure out how to game the system, quickly.

Also, she doesn't even have to look for the guy, the court will go after him. All she has to do is file a police report and the cops will arrest the guy. They'll even take his pay check away every month for her. She can even name a random guy and put him on the birth certificate. It's actually him that has to ask for a paternity test to get out of child support.

Our society is based on taking care of women. Everything in the western world is geared towards helping Women. The majority of Women are actually pro-life. It's the majority of MEN that are pro-choice.

As far as abortion, it's an easy fix. Pass a federal law, like they've been promising for 50 years.

IF a woman can't figure out who the father of her baby is, she's got a lot more problems to worry about other than men. More than likely, she'll have multiple baby daddy's, so she should figure out how to game the system, quickly.

Also, she doesn't even have to look for the guy, the court will go after him. All she has to do is file a police report and the cops will arrest the guy. They'll even take his pay check away every month for her. She can even name a random guy and put him on the birth certificate. It's actually him that has to ask for a paternity test to get out of child support.

Our society is based on taking care of women. Everything in the western world is geared towards helping Women. The majority of Women are actually pro-life. It's the majority of MEN that are pro-choice.

As far as abortion, it's an easy fix. Pass a federal law, like they've been promising for 50 years.

I think you assume a great deal. Like she can prove he is the father. Like you know what all women OR men believe for that matter.  Hey Im not trying to say all women are perfect or  live perfect lives. The rest is your opinion and Ima gonna leave u to it,

7 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

That is incorrect.

Just now, muppy said:

I think you assume a great deal. Like she can prove he is the father. Like you know what all women OR men believe for that matter.  Hey Im not trying to say all women are perfect or  live perfect lives. The rest is your opinion and Ima gonna leave u to it,

Women don't have to prove the man is the father.  It's MAN that has to prove that he isn't.

Family court is incredibly biased against Men.

Men are overwhelmingly held financial responsible for children in western society. It's something that hasn't changed for decades, even after Women started going to work.

It's hilarious that your "friend" would give you quote that sounds like something that was written in the 1920's.  Everything in that clipping is already happening.

2 minutes ago, DrW said:

What is the basis of this statement? This recent poll indicates otherwise.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/245618/abortion-trends-gender.aspx

I guess it changed. The article I read was from 2020.

53% of men for abortion vs 48% of Women.

I wasn't sure, but it see-saws.

Women don't have to prove the man is the father.  It's MAN that has to prove that he isn't.

Family court is incredibly biased against Men.

Men are overwhelmingly held financial responsible for children in western society. It's something that hasn't changed for decades, even after Women started going to work.

It's hilarious that your "friend" would give you quote that sounds like something that was written in the 1920's.  Everything in that clipping is already happening.

I guess it changed. The article I read was from 2020.

53% of men for abortion vs 48% of Women.

I wasn't sure, but it see-saws.

Bueller Bueller

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No one cares.  

If 1 kid and his/her/they/whatever's parents object to a coach praying before a game - you tell your kid what I tell mine every time they encounter people of different beliefs or Faiths (if this was a Muslim coach for example), you stand silent and say an Our Father - in this example.  

If the Coach is trying to force you to convert - that's a different story.  

The Lesson here - our Society is filled with cowards, soft entitled babies, and morons.  

There was a recent event that proved this.  

The lesson is that our country is under attack by by a well-coordinated minority effort to push a 2000 year old text as law. God is dead and you are a dinosaur. I hope you live long enough to see and fully comprehend the backlash from this insane overreach. The Supreme Court and the Republican party are completely tone deaf to the pulse of the people. Those who normally don't care to bother are suddenly at full attention.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

https://news.gallup.com/poll/245618/abortion-trends-gender.aspx

What I found interesting about this poll is that an overwhelming majority of men and women who consider themselves pro-life would allow abortion under certain circumstances. E.g., in May 2022 33% of women and 47% of men considered themselves pro-life. However, only 12% of women and 14% of men are against abortion under any circumstances.

Edited by DrW

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

The lesson is that our country is under attack by by a well-coordinated minority effort to push a 2000 year old text as law. God is dead and you are a dinosaur. I hope you live long enough to see and fully comprehend the backlash from this insane overreach. The Supreme Court and the Republican party are completely tone deaf to the pulse of the people. Those who normally don't care to bother are suddenly at full attention.

You're probably denying science. Science supports life existing before birth, and support for that will continue to grow as medical science continues to progress.

And as far as support either way, the majority support Roe, but approx the same percentage, if not greater, oppose abortion in the 3rd trimester. Most of us are reasonable and recognize that at some point during the 9 months, the baby needs to be protected.

8 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You're probably denying science. Science supports life existing before birth, and support for that will continue to grow as medical science continues to progress.

And as far as support either way, the majority support Roe, but approx the same percentage, if not greater, oppose abortion in the 3rd trimester. Most of us are reasonable and recognize that at some point during the 9 months, the baby needs to be protected.

Well, I suppose once the fetus is viable on its own, you may have a point, but that's not the scope we've been given. Texas just outlawed it completely, with other christo-dominated states to surely follow. Legislating morals... will not end well in 2022.

Welcome to America's version of Sharia law.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Firstly, please point to me in the Constitution where it indicates that this should be a nation built on Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Secondly, after repeatedly telling Kennedy to not pray publicly in while performing his duties as a state employee (while also trying to accommodate his religious need to pray), the District decided not to renew his contract after it expired because he would not adhere to school policy. Kennedy did not apply to be re-hired. 

Here is a scenario to consider:

Biden hires a new White House Press Secretary who is a Muslim. Before the start of each press briefing, she rolls out a mat on the briefing room floor and prays to Mecca. While she does not explicitly say the journalists should join her, some do. Some because they are Muslim and they appreciate the opportunity to pray, others to fit in, and maybe some feel that they will have a better chance of getting their questions answered if they join in.

Do you think this would be ok? I certainly don't.

No problem at all.  None.  

No religion was imposed on me.  

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

If he died, then he was real?

I don't understand.

Unless by "God is dead," you actually mean "The Commies are coming to run it back like it's 1917."

Good luck.  

I'll settle for running it back like it's 1994 tho.  Can we at least make that happen.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrW said:

For all of you who see the US as based on Judeo-Christian principles, perhaps you should listen a bit to the "Judeo" side. Here is the statement of the National Council of Jewish Women on Judaism and abortion.

https://www.ncjw.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Judaism-and-Abortion-FINAL.pdf

Christianity accepts the Old Testament it is vital to the story of Jesus and the first disciples.  

What Orthodox Jews believe today - they are free to believe what they will that their savior has not come yet.  

Christians  - the first of whom were Jewish believe Old Testament prophecy was fulfilled with the birth, life, and death of Christ.

An imperfect organized religion that has at many times been led by bad men lost to the devil, but who's ultimate message and beliefs have been a massive net positive for humanity, freedom, and ultimately salvation. 

I suggest you read some of what Thaddeus Stevens said on the Floor of the House in defense of the 13th Amendment:

Here....I'll share:

"Those who believe that a righteous Providence punishes nations for national sins believe that this terrible plague is brought upon us as a punishment for our oppression of a harmless race of men inflicted without cause and without excuse for ages. I accept this belief; for I remember that an ancient despot, not so cruel as this Republic, held a people in bondage — a bondage much lighter than American slavery; that the Lord ordered him to liberate them. He refused. His whole people were punished. Plague after plague was sent upon the land until the seventh slew the firstborn of every household; nor did they cease until the tyrant 'let the people go.' We have suffered more than all the plagues of Egypt; more than the first-born of every household has been taken. We still harden our hearts and refuse to let the people go. The scourge still continues, nor do I expect it to cease until we obey the high behest of the Father of men. We are about to have another opportunity to obey this command. We are about to ascertain the national will by another vote to amend the Constitution. If gentlemen opposite it will yield to the voice of God and humanity and vote for it, I verily believe the sword of the destroying angel will be stayed and this people be reunited. If we still harden our hearts and blood must still flow, may the blood of the victims sit heavily on the hearts of those who cause it."

Congressional Globe, 38 Cong. 2 session, January 13, 1865, p. 124

Judeo-Christian values.  No way!!!

We've been a God fearing nation since day 1.  Those traditions and beliefs are embedded in our DNA and its what makes Western Civilization what it is today. Its under attack by clueless morons and Communist thugs.  

But Black, white, brown, immigrants, all of us.  The further we've drifted to a secular utopia............well.......

And don't bother trying to find the loons that have used scripture to justify evil ends like the pope calling for a crusade in 11th century medieval times.  We know.    

Send them to the ash heap of history to.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1