How Far Will This Court Go?

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I found Jesus because I gave it an actual hard look at the world, nothing inevitable about it. You sound like my extended family members who say similar things to justify their behavior. But I have a real question for you, do you believe we have a soul? 

I can't answer for GF, but science tells me we have a soul. It weighs 21 grams.

From Wikipedia:

"In 1901 Duncan MacDougall conducted an experiment in which he made weight measurements of patients as they died. He claimed that there was weight loss of varying amounts at the time of death; he concluded the soul weighed 21 grams, based on measurements of a single patient and discarding conflicting results."

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I found Jesus because I gave it an actual hard look at the world, nothing inevitable about it. You sound like my extended family members who say similar things to justify their behavior. But I have a real question for you, do you believe we have a soul? 

Your family members are not interesting. My behavior in my life has also been uninteresting for the most part and I believe I probably have less to justify than most. You seem like an intelligent poster. What makes you so sure some crazy ***** in a book written by men has it right? Like seriously, dude came back from the dead.

5 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Your family members are not interesting. My behavior in my life has also been uninteresting for the most part and I believe I probably have less to justify than most. You seem like an intelligent poster. What makes you so sure some crazy ***** in a book written by men has it right? Like seriously, dude came back from the dead.

I do not believe the Bible is word for word golden mainly because it has been translated multiple times between languages and also through societies prism of the time, but I know there is a Good for reason I can't explain quickly but through a true hard look at the world overall. But I truly want to know, do you believe we have souls?

6 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

No to get all too wrapped up in a faith discussion here…but out of curiosity I wonder if you read the red letters in the New Testament, can you tell us what parts of it you deem the  ‘crazy ****’ ?

• 3 months later...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/justice-alito-pushes-back-kagan-145839547.html

It is interesting to me that Kagan did not find the Obamacare ruling as political when they ruled it was a legal law because it was a tax, when it had been sold as not a tax. I will also point out to Kagan that RBG thought Roe was a poorly written ruling, even if she liked it.

Justice Clarence Thomas and Ginni Thomas -- American Patriots

By Star Parker

FTA:

What about those who argue that Justice Thomas should recuse himself from cases in which his wife has been politically active?

A key issue is it that it is forbidden for a judge to discuss a pending case with a third party.

Ginni Thomas categorically rejected that such discussions ever occur between her and her husband in her recent voluntary testimony before the House Select Committee on Jan. 6.

"I can guarantee that my husband has never spoken with me about pending cases at the Court," she told the committee. "It is an iron clad rule in our home."

But perhaps most importantly, Thomas noted "It is laughable for anyone who knows my husband to think I could influence his jurisprudence -- the man is independent and stubborn, with strong character traits of independence and integrity."

It should be clear to anyone who has followed Judge Thomas over the years that this is true.

He is a man of deep principle who loves America and is very serious and committed in his Christian faith.

Bottom line on the whole thing is that Judge Thomas and his activist wife are the solutions we need, not the problem. We are getting the problem from big-government leftists who view Judge Thomas and his wife with such animosity.

We should also give Ginni Thomas credit for her activism for American principles.

It is ironic the criticism she gets from the left, from the feminists, who pretend to be advocates of strong and independent women.

This is exactly what Ginni Thomas is. She should be the role model for the left, for professional women and young women who aspire to be professional.

We keep the country free, per the founders, by limiting government. The source for guidelines for ethical behavior is in the very Christian principles that the left has worked so hard to purge from our nation.

This is exactly what Judge Clarence Thomas and Ginni Thomas bring to the table, for the benefit of all of us.

https://townhall.com/columnists/starparker/2022/10/05/justice-clarence-thomas-and-ginni-thomas--american-patriots-n2613960

• 3 months later...