Roe vs Wade Overturned

On 7/5/2022 at 11:48 PM, Andy1 said:

One thing I’m sure of is there are alot of upstanding religious, conservative southern women who have saved their marriage or reputation by having an abortion they didn’t tell anyone about. It’s their personal little secret. They never thought the law would change.  Now they are all going to have to take longer “vacations” in the future. Hypocrisy is everywhere on this issue. It’s easy to be anti abortion when it’s the poor teenage girl from a broken family in the trailer park. 

Massively hypocritical topic. When it's your rebellious 14 year old who is pregnant, when it's your wife that is rapped, when it's your wife that has an affair and is carrying another mans child. I'm supposed to believe these far right wing nuts won't immediately go into protecting self image mode vs following gods plan? I think that is probably the most ridiculous part of all of this. Plenty of the people who wanted this the most would turn to these services. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, KzooMike said:

Massively hypocritical topic. When it's your rebellious 14 year old who is pregnant, when it's your wife that is rapped, when it's your wife that has an affair and is carrying another mans child. I'm supposed to believe these far right wing nuts won't immediately go into protecting self image mode vs following gods plan? I think that is probably the most ridiculous part of all of this. Plenty of the people who wanted this the most would turn to these services. 

You raise an excellent point, but that behavior doesn’t make it right. There are plenty of things that are illegal that otherwise law abiding citizens do all the time. (Go ahead…Check your speedometer next time you’re on the interstate.) But society doesn’t say ‘oh well’ I guess we should legalize it. I keep saying on here, now comes the hard work that has to be done by the legislature, in crafting laws that reflect some of the nuances and circumstances  you so well described. 

On 7/5/2022 at 11:48 PM, Andy1 said:

One thing I’m sure of is there are alot of upstanding religious, conservative southern women who have saved their marriage or reputation by having an abortion they didn’t tell anyone about. It’s their personal little secret. They never thought the law would change.  Now they are all going to have to take longer “vacations” in the future. Hypocrisy is everywhere on this issue. It’s easy to be anti abortion when it’s the poor teenage girl from a broken family in the trailer park. When it affects the healthcare of middle class women, minds will change. 

Lawyers rule the world. If there is any uncertain medical issue, they will be advising hospitals to restrict care to protect the hospital from legal liability. 

All right, you got two likes on the “Mrs. Robinson, y’all” post so there must be something to it.  I haven’t seen any widespread reporting or study on married Southern women having secret back room abortions. People are people, of course, but is this a wide-ranging and far flung thing in the south?  Is the number 50%, 60%, 90%? 

11 hours ago, Andy1 said:

The report ChiGoose quotes is exactly what I predicted last week. This will become a real shock to republican anti abortion women who have pregnancy complications.   The political support for strict anti abortion laws is at its peak now and will only decline in the future as women and their partners, friends and parents from all walks of life, realize it affects their health care. 

If republicans were smart, they would craft laws that give wide leeway to doctors to determine the medical need for abortion procedures to protect the health of women. They will need to push back on the religious right a bit to do this. Otherwise, this issue is going to backfire on them. I have no faith that they will do this. 

Second question.  

Why would you propose a woman need a doctor to intervene on her behalf of the ultimate goal is unrestricted access to an abortion?    Why not just solve the problem if, as you suggest, R women are conflicted on the abortion issue?   Btw, I think you’re a thoughtful poster, but lost in the 1950s with the “r women don’t understand pregnancy complications” angle. 

13 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I haven’t seen any widespread reporting or study on married Southern women having secret back room abortions. People are people, of course, but is this a wide-ranging and far flung thing in the south?  Is the number 50%, 60%,

Reports from operators of abortion clinics indicate that women from all racial-political-socio-economic strata use their services. As you say, “people are people” and surprise pregnancies happen. When women feel they need an abortion for whatever reason, they will do what is necessary or go to where it is provided. Bans on the procedure especially target the young and poor who are less able to travel to a provider state. 

13 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why would you propose a woman need a doctor to intervene on her behalf of the ultimate goal is unrestricted access to an abortion?

Not sure what you mean here. Personally, I’m not for unrestricted access to abortion. I’m just assuming that republican politicians do not want to harm women with pregnancy complications. Thus, they should allow medical doctors to decide if such procedure is needed to protect the health of the girl/woman.  No woman wants to be denied necessary medical care due to the wording in a law written by stupid politicians. She shouldn’t have to be near death to get treatment, 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

“The constitutional right for Supreme Court Justices to eat peacefully in public is well rooted in this nation’s history, dating back to when Sir Isaac Newton invented gravity while snacking on an apple outside.”

-Sam Alito, probably. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

“The constitutional right for Supreme Court Justices to eat peacefully in public is well rooted in this nation’s history, dating back to when Sir Isaac Newton invented gravity while snacking on an apple outside.”

-Sam Alito, probably. 

Left-wing activists ShutDownDC offer $200 bounties for intel on where SCOTUS judges who overturned Roe v Wade are.

60056073-10996803-image-a-20_16573264035

You set the new rules, you may not like the results

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Left-wing activists ShutDownDC offer $200 bounties for intel on where SCOTUS judges who overturned Roe v Wade are.

60056073-10996803-image-a-20_16573264035

You set the new rules, you may not like the results

Publicly protesting people is still better than encouraging people to run over protestors with cars.

One of those actually has a deeply rooted history in our country. 

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

-Sam Alito, probably. 

Kavanaugh is that Judge someone tried to assassinate a few weeks ago, right?  Oh I'm sure that's just an overreaction, nothing his family wouldn't be permanently traumatized by.

Most protests take place on the streets or in front of our State Buildings.  Not people.  

Remember when that 1 congressmen did this, and the entire Democrat Cabal lost its ***t

A few years later that "stunned" b**** in the chair she's about to lose, ripped up a speech given by the POTUS.

Ds are the worst humans on earth. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Ds are the worst humans on earth. 

This kind of disgusting and vile language is a big part of why everything is so ***** up right now.

Anyone who views half of America as their enemy is un-American and should be shunned and ignored by civil society.

Go ***** yourself you piece of garbage. 

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Publicly protesting people is still better than encouraging people to run over protestors with cars.

One of those actually has a deeply rooted history in our country. 

They are both shltty ways to compose yourself, stop defending these delta bravos.

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

This kind of disgusting and vile language is a big part of why everything is so ***** up right now.

Anyone who views half of America as their enemy is un-American and should be shunned and ignored by civil society.

So is defending people who stalk and harass the Supreme Court.  Why don't well tell ALL of these people to go @#$% themselves,  not just the ones on the other side. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

You just called the ambushing of individual politicians out with their families......ok.    

A collaborative effort to ambush them - after an Assassination attempt the DNC Media covered and down played for 5 seconds - achieving its desired result of low info voters accepting this as all normal and justifiable.  Part of our process here.  

Conservative Judges waiting for promotions telling their kids - "if I'm nominated, you're going to be harassed everywhere you go or worse." 

It all ends well good to see Democrats.......call it all out as unacceptable.  

Ds call nothing outside societal norms unacceptable these days.  Notable Exceptions:  Bill Maher, Joe Rogan, Russell Brand.   

But they aren't the base of this s*** show party anymore.  

25 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

They are both shltty ways to compose yourself, stop defending these delta bravos.

So is defending people who stalk and harass the Supreme Court.  Why don't well tell ALL of these people to go @#$% themselves,  not just the ones on the other side. 

I’m not going to “both sides” calling half of Americans the worst people on earth. 

We can debate what is appropriate for protesting and it’s effectiveness. That’s a fine discussion to have. 

But what he said is disgusting, indefensible and shows that he himself is an example of what is wrong with this country. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

I’m not going to “both sides” calling half of Americans the worst people on earth. 

We can debate what is appropriate for protesting and it’s effectiveness. That’s a fine discussion to have. 

But what he said is disgusting, indefensible and shows that he himself is an example of what is wrong with this country. 

What is debatable about stalking and harassing Supreme Court justices?  It's disgusting and indefensible and is an example of what is wrong with this country.

And you are right, calling Ds the worst humans on earth is stupid and disgusting, and it's also inaccurate.   Some Ds certainly are terrible, but most are not.  Just like some Rs are,  but most are not.  If you are unwilling to realize that the fringes of both parties are what is driving this country apart, maybe you are too. 

28 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Democrats are not half of Americans 

100% Democrat voters are probably 35% of the voting population 

Knowingly voting for them is indefensible, disgusting, and is exactly what's wrong with this country 

You don't have to vote MAGA or GOP. 

You should never vote Democrat.  Ever.  

They are affiliated and controlled by people that inherently HATE this country.

Prove me wrong.  

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

What is debatable about stalking and harassing Supreme Court justices?  It's disgusting and indefensible and is an example of what is wrong with this country.

Public protests on public property, though dubiously effective, have been a part of this country since its founding.

I will agree that stalking, invasion of private property, and definitely attempted assassination are not acceptable and should be dealt with by authorities. 

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Democrats are not half of Americans 

100% Democrat voters are probably 35% of the voting population 

Knowingly voting for them is indefensible, disgusting, and is exactly what's wrong with this country 

You don't have to vote MAGA or GOP. 

You should never vote Democrat.  Ever.  

They are affiliated and controlled by people that inherently HATE this country.

Prove me wrong.  

Your brain is so addled I’m surprised you’re able to type on a keyboard.

Sincerely,

A Democrat who loves this country.