Ray Epps et al. and the FEDSURRECTION

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Are you arguing that his lawyer is not on contingency because he should expect Fox to settle?

No, I'm saying he's probably on contingency thinking Fox will settle.  And when they don't, he'll likely walk.

Then again, he could be an absolute moron like Dan Gilleon.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

No, I'm saying he's probably on contingency thinking Fox will settle.  And when they don't, he'll likely walk.

Then again, he could be an absolute moron like Dan Gilleon.

I think Fox probably settles this. Epps would be pretty sympathetic to a jury and they’d want to avoid that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Epps pay for an attorney or on contingency?

:lol:

This is pro bono courtesy of the Get Trump crew.

A dem party activist representing a MAGA insurrectionist?

Say what?

Edited by BillsFanNC

31 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Say what?

So is the big gotcha here:

1. Epps is suing Fox for the claims they made and not the claims they didn’t make; or

2. Epps is suing based on the easiest probable claims?

In either case, Julie Pepe Silvia here should probably ask her law school for a refund because they clearly failed her. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Lol Dem lawyers defending this guy tells you all you need to know…hoax 😉

Here’s why Ray Epps is my favorite conspiracy theory:

Not only is there absolutely no substantive evidence that he was working with the government before the events of Jan 6, but the only way it changes anything if he was is if you believe that Trump supporters are such gullible morons and so prone to crime that a single guy telling them to do crimes would whip them into a violent frenzy. You would have to believe that Trump supporters are knuckle-dragging sociopaths. 

Personally, I don’t think that’s true of most Trump supporters but the conservatives here seem to disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I think Fox probably settles this. Epps would be pretty sympathetic to a jury and they’d want to avoid that. 

I don't see 12 jurors viewing footage of him telling dozens of people "we gotta break into the Capitol," whispering in the guy's ear right before he kicks down a barricade, and being on the steps when they start to breach the Capitol and then return a unanimous "guilty" verdict.  If I'm Fox I take my chances and look for his attorney to bail once a settlement isn't happening.

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Say what?

I was just going to say that if he doesn't have a lawyer working on contingency to a point (meaning settlement or he's out), then follow the money of who's bankrolling the attorney.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't see 12 jurors viewing footage of him telling dozens of people "we gotta break into the Capitol," whispering in the guy's ear right before he kicks down a barricade, and being on the steps when they start to breach the Capitol and then return a unanimous "guilty" verdict.  If I'm Fox I take my chances and look for his attorney to bail once a settlement isn't happening.

If he’s suing Fox on defamation for claiming he was working for the FBI and that this claim caused him harm, he just needs to prove that he wasn’t working for the FBI and that Fox’s claims was the but for cause of him suffering harm. 

Seems pretty straightforward given the evidence. Fox’s lawyers will likely advise them to settle. 

Also keep in mind that the average American doesn’t know about this Epps stuff but those that do generally think the conspiracy is nuts. Fox won’t want a jury trial. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If he’s suing Fox on defamation for claiming he was working for the FBI and that this claim caused him harm, he just needs to prove that he wasn’t working for the FBI and that Fox’s claims was the but for cause of him suffering harm. 

Seems pretty straightforward given the evidence. Fox’s lawyers will likely advise them to settle. 

Also keep in mind that the average American doesn’t know about this Epps stuff but those that do generally think the conspiracy is nuts. Fox won’t want a jury trial.

So it was being called a "Fed" that caused him harm, not his words or actions those 2 days?  OK. 

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

So it was being called a "Fed" that caused him harm, not his words or actions those 2 days?  OK. 

His claim is that the conspiracy theory that he was a Fed has led to gullible people to believe that he was working against Trump (despite being a Trump

supporter). This lead to threats against him to the point that he had to sell his home and live in a mobile home. 

44 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

His claim is that the conspiracy theory that he was a Fed has led to gullible people to believe that he was working against Trump (despite being a Trump

supporter). This lead to threats against him to the point that he had to sell his home and live in a mobile home. 

That's far better than what others who did far less than him suffered.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Here’s why Ray Epps is my favorite conspiracy theory:

Not only is there absolutely no substantive evidence that he was working with the government before the events of Jan 6, but the only way it changes anything if he was is if you believe that Trump supporters are such gullible morons and so prone to crime that a single guy telling them to do crimes would whip them into a violent frenzy. You would have to believe that Trump supporters are knuckle-dragging sociopaths. 

Personally, I don’t think that’s true of most Trump supporters but the conservatives here seem to disagree. 

Goose, conspiracy theories start for two main reasons Imo- (1) Things not logically making sense, and (2) suppression of information…Both are present with the Epps situation…And it’s not just one or two things, but overwhelming circumstantial evidence that things are not on the up and up…

If you remove yourself from the political situation, itself,  you have to see that Epps is probably the weirdest thing surrounding Jan. 6- and that’s saying something…😉

You have to admit that the way he was handled just doesn’t make sense, considering how other perpetrators were dealt with…Then throw in how Dems were so quick to defend him- a MAGA hat wearing Trump fanatic, telling people to storm the capitol to “destroy democracy”…Any other person and Dems would want them put away for life…Why not Epps? What is it about him that makes the Left support him as if he were one of their own? 🤔

It doesn’t add up…

Now, put the Epps situation in backdrop of the fake Michigan governor kidnapping that the FBI orchestrated to try to entrap a certain group of people…

I also wonder if, because the Left was sold so hard on what transpired on Jan 6 (Just like with Russia/collusion), that the very thought that it could have been helped along by federal agents would cause their whole world to implode…

Therefore, in a way the Left almost has to defend Epps (a “Nazi supporting fascist”) as if they were defending everything they have ever stood for…It’s actually an excellent case study in psychological analysis…😉

But honestly, I don’t know if Epps was a Fed, because he was supposedly on their “wanted” list before Jan 6…However, I do think it is very possible he was working with them in some capacity- perhaps as an informant…stay tuned…This story isn’t going away any time soon…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Goose, conspiracy theories start for two main reasons Imo- (1) Things not logically making sense, and (2) suppression of information…Both are present with the Epps situation…And it’s not just one or two things, but overwhelming circumstantial evidence that things are not on the up and up…

If you remove yourself from the political situation, itself,  you have to see that Epps is probably the weirdest thing surrounding Jan. 6- and that’s saying something…😉

You have to admit that the way he was handled just doesn’t make sense, considering how other perpetrators were dealt with…Then throw in how Dems were so quick to defend him- a MAGA hat wearing Trump fanatic, telling people to storm the capitol to “destroy democracy”…Any other person and Dems would want them put away for life…Why not Epps? What is it about him that makes the Left support him as if he were one of their own? 🤔

It doesn’t add up…

Now, put the Epps situation in backdrop of the fake Michigan governor kidnapping that the FBI orchestrated to try to entrap a certain group of people…

I also wonder if, because the Left was sold so hard on what transpired on Jan 6 (Just like with Russia/collusion) I think the very thought that it could have been helped along by federal agents would cause their whole world to implode…

Therefore, in a way the Left almost has to defend Epps (a “Nazi supporting fascist”) as if they were defending everything they have ever stood for…It’s actually an excellent case study in psychological analysis…😉

But honestly, I don’t know if Epps was a Fed, because he was supposedly on their “wanted” list before Jan 6…However, I do think it is very possible he was working with them in some capacity- perhaps as an informant…stay tuned…This story isn’t going away any time soon…👍

That is a whole lot of text to avoid Occam’s Razor:

Epps was a Trump supporter who went to the Capitol, talked *****, and then backed down when people actually acted. 

I don’t give a damn about what happens to the guy, but the idea that he was a government plant is simply people trying to come up with reasons to excuse bad behavior from people their perceive to be on their team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Epps was a Trump supporter who went to the Capitol, talked *****, and then backed down when people actually acted. 

I don’t give a damn about what happens to the guy, but the idea that he was a government plant is simply people trying to come up with reasons to excuse bad behavior from people their perceive to be on their team. 

You have got to be kidding me! The guy is on video/audio tape! Get your head out of your partisan arse. Regardless of whether he’s a Trump supporter or an asset, he should have the book thrown at him for yelling ‘fire’ in a crowded auditorium. Why is this complicated? He has no case here whatsoever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

You have got to be kidding me! The guy is on video/audio tape! Get your head out of your partisan arse. Regardless of whether he’s a Trump supporter or an asset, he should have the book thrown at him for yelling ‘fire’ in a crowded auditorium. Why is this complicated? He has no case here whatsoever.

Yelling fire in a crowded auditorium isn’t a crime. 

He also cooperated with authorities when he learned he was wanted. 

And here I thought the conservatives were mad at how willing the government was to throw the book at Jan 6 people. Now we’re mad that they’re not tough enough?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Ah, so inciting people and then backing down when, to your horror, they take your advice, absolves you of any blame?  That's your theory?

So then, the whole J6 committee was truly a farce, right?  Trump never said to break into the Capitol and wasn't even there when the festivities started.

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

And here I thought the conservatives were mad at how willing the government was to throw the book at Jan 6 people. Now we’re mad that they’re not tough enough?

That’s correct. Conservatives are and were NOT supportive of breaching the Capitol Building. No idea where you got the idea that they were. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Interesting perspective…

However, as a person who voted for Trump, I do not feel this way…

I feel Epps was wrong in his actions, and should be prosecuted just like other perpetrators who committed (and incited) violence on that day…So, when I didn’t see it happening to him- like it was with others- a red flag went up…

And it’s funny you should mention Occum’s Razor…Because, as I was typing my long post, I actually felt that it was the simplest explanation for the Epps situation, given everything we know about federal agents and their hoaxes in recent history…👍

• Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

D'oh!  Thanks for admitting the J6 committee was a sham. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s correct. Conservatives are and were NOT supportive of breaching the Capitol Building. No idea where you got the idea that they were. 

Yeah, no one here condoned/condones people fighting with police and breaking into the Capitol and have said that people who broke the law that day should have been punished.  The questions are the severity of the punishment some received, why some people were never punished or pursued and why wasn't more security allocated for the event?

Edited by Doc

While it isn’t technically illegal to yell fire in an auditorium you can and should be indicted for inciting a riot….which appears to be the obvious case against Mr Epps. Of course if you incite a riot that Nancy and her pals were dying to take political advantage of, then all bets are off. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

While it isn’t technically illegal to yell fire in an auditorium you can and should be indicted for inciting a riot….which appears to be the obvious case against Mr Epps. Of course if you incite a riot that Nancy and her pals were dying to take political advantage of, then all bets are off. 

Never mind.  Chi just realized he exposed the J6 committee as the farce it was.  Yelling fire in a crowded auditorium and telling people to break into the Capitol aren't crimes, but apparently telling people to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard is worse than either.  You can't make this stuff up.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bingo!

Why is Ray targeted but not Trump or the Proud Boys running around the rally riling up the crowd to storm the Capitol?

Does the cult not realize they have a history of always trying to find a scapegoat to distract from the guy who told them to fight like hell?

12 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

He's a Fed and should be living in a van down by the river.

Useful idiots are stumped, the rest of us know why.

Donald Trump said “Go peacefully and patriotically to the Capitol”. 

Ray Epps said, “We have to go INSIDE the Capitol! We have to go INSIDE the Capitol!”

The left says Donald Trump is guilty of inciting January 6th, but then they say Ray Epps did nothing wrong. 

Now, mainstream media publications like the New York Times, the Washington Post, and Rolling Stone are bending over backwards to paint Epps as a victim, to support him, and to cover for him. 

Why?

Within 2.5 weeks of J6 I was FBI raided and jailed and CHARGED for walking into a restricted area which had open barricades, no signs, and no police officers guarding it. 

Ray Epps was with a mob who pushed down barricades, pushed police officers, and entered a restricted area. The DOJ still can’t decide whether or not to charge him. 

Why?

• Like (+1) 1

A "conspiracy theory" today is any reasonable conclusion one can arrive at based on actual evidence that is at odds with media narrative.

The more the regime/media hyperventilate on Epps only gives rational people more confidence that he's a fed.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/13/2023 at 10:36 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Well maybe because a majority of them still support this POS.  They always need a villain to rail against.  Why can't they see the one running for president?

Edited by redtail hawk

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Well maybe because a majority of them still support this POS.  They always need a villain to rail against.  Why can't they see the one running for president?

The bullsheet is strong with you. MSNBC is pure garbage. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The bullsheet is strong with you. MSNBC is pure garbage. 

So did he not play the National Anthem sung by the insurrectionists?  Did MSNBC fabricate that?

15 minutes ago, Wacka said:

As to the post two above this one:  

STFU limey.

Elegant and persuasive...I have a US passport but could be looking at dual citizenship if Armageddon threatens.  Actually I'd prefer Canadian as my second but will need to look into the laws.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So did he not play the National Anthem sung by the insurrectionists?  Did MSNBC fabricate that?

Elegant and persuasive...I have a US passport but could be looking at dual citizenship if Armageddon threatens.

Insurrection! 🙄

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Ok, Jan 6 criminals then.  Did he not play a recording of them?  What point do you believe he was trying to make?

I have no idea…why don’t you tell everyone? Hawk, this Trump bullsheet has gone on way too long. You are not moving the needle AT ALL. Give it a rest. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have no idea…why don’t you tell everyone? Hawk, this Trump bullsheet has gone on way too long. You are not moving the needle AT ALL. Give it a rest. 

you have no idea?  You're full of analysis and then at a loss for theories?  But I agree with you about the trump BS.  I'll give it a rest when his supporters do.  
Or when he's in jail, whichever is first.

Edited by redtail hawk