Which of these former Bills would you like to see back on the roster?

Mark Vader

If you could bring back a former Bill, from last years roster. Who would it be?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Bills would you like to see back on the roster this year?

2 hours ago, mrags said:

I don’t have the quote with Sanders, but they also asked him if he would be back playing this year and he said he would wait until after the draft and see where things are with him. You appeared to take it out of context.

I don't know how you can take a guy spending days essentially trying out for the media on NFL Network after talking about retirement and openly discussing having not returned when asked by Josh because of the condition of his knees as "out of context", but... okay, I guess?

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Regardless, Sanders is another one, I’d much rather have him as our 6th or 7th WR than Kumerow who can’t seem to stay on a team like ever. Even after Rodgers wigged about about him he came here. Where he barely played and hasn’t done anything despite all the love for him. Then was picked up by the Saints where he couldn’t do anything. Then back here to be practice squad bait again. Yeah, if it came down to Air Jesus or Sanders, I’m taking Sanders every day of the week and twice on sundays. 

Jake Kumerow is someone who etched out an important role on Special Teams, an aspect Sanders does not provide. This is the main reason he was re-signed this offseason. WR's on the bottom of the depth chart are more often than not there for that reason. While Kumerow and McKenzie were re-signed (and Jamison Crowder was added), Sanders was not.

We will be adding WR's in the Draft. There will not be a spot for Sanders. This idea that we're keeping a spot open on the roster for a guy who's going back and forth on whether to retire isn't likely. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

You must watch CNN a lot. 

Not sure how you got here on a football post or what you're trying to get across by this - but I really don't think I have anything more to say to you.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Cole Beasley wanted out of Buffalo and New York State. He's NOT coming back.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/03/did-bills-hope-to-keep-cole-beasley-gm-talks-releasing-beasley-star-lotulelei.html

Jerry Hughes is a romantic idea, but not a very likely one. He'd be returning for literal pennies on the dollar to be a reserve player and taking a back seat to Von Miller, after spending about a decade as a Defensive captain and the unquestioned leader of the DE room.

Von Miller entering is a changing of the guard there. I don't think the team and maybe even Von himself would want the presence of Hughes looming over Von while he acclimates himself as the new leader of that room. It would be like being hired as a manger somewhere and the person who held that role for a decade stayed on as an associate under you. 

And at the end of the day, I think Hughes has declined massively. Edge Rusher is one of the premier positions in Football that people kill for. The fact he hasn't gotten a sniff at a significant role on another team by this point speaks volumes.

All in all, the move makes no sense from Hughes' or the Bills position, once you take fan emotion out of it. And fans really liking someone as a person and liking the idea of him being in the building when we win a Super Bowl is not a logical reason to sign someone.

releasing Beasley is odd.  Couldn’t even trade for a 7th?

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Not odd at all. No one wanted to give up a pick and take on the contract we had him on. And so far, no one has wanted to sign him even without having to give up a pick.

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Warren Gs son. Somehow, through magic, "Regulators" managed to hit even harder lol

He's still on the roster.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 1

I chose Other only because without $$$ attached to each, it is very hard to say.  I'd take any of them back at the mythic "right price".  Nobody on the list I wouldn't welcome into camp to fight for a roster spot.

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Cole Beasley wanted out of Buffalo and New York State. He's NOT coming back.

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/03/did-bills-hope-to-keep-cole-beasley-gm-talks-releasing-beasley-star-lotulelei.html

Jerry Hughes is a romantic idea, but not a very likely one. He'd be returning for literal pennies on the dollar to be a reserve player and taking a back seat to Von Miller, after spending about a decade as a Defensive captain and the unquestioned leader of the DE room.

Von Miller entering is a changing of the guard there. I don't think the team and maybe even Von himself would want the presence of Hughes looming over Von while he acclimates himself as the new leader of that room. It would be like being hired as a manger somewhere and the person who held that role for a decade stayed on as an associate under you. 

And at the end of the day, I think Hughes has declined massively. Edge Rusher is one of the premier positions in Football that people kill for. The fact he hasn't gotten a sniff at a significant role on another team by this point speaks volumes.

All in all, the move makes no sense from Hughes' or the Bills position, once you take fan emotion out of it. And fans really liking someone as a person and liking the idea of him being in the building when we win a Super Bowl is not a logical reason to sign someone.

Hughes was the best DE on the team last year. He would be no worse than third best if he came back. He would play about 35% of the snaps behind Miller and be fresh for the playoffs. Hughes would be a great guy to bring back.

Miller has double the career sacks Hughes has and is a borderline HOF candidate. There would be zero chance he would be intimidated by Hughes or any other player in that locker room.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Hughes vs Espenesa ?
I know i have an aware Very Exp. , viable Pro on the field
Still really not sure at all about the kid.

Heck yes Rousseau is the future !!

I don't see it as Hughes vs Epenesa.   I see it as Hughes vs Rousseau.   I'm not sure Jerry would be comfortable being a back up and getting around 20% of the snaps.  I would want Greg to be the beneficiary of Miller, not Hughes.  I'm spelling them with AJ and Shaq.  

Out of respect to Hughes, I couldn't ask him to do that.

We have zero proven consistent pass rushers after Von Miller.  Hughes was our best pass rusher last year.  Bring him back please.  Let Lawson, Basham, and Epenesa fight for that last spot.

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Not with that contract.  I could also see how other teams see him as a distraction with his whole Covid thing last year.  Plus, he's no spring chicken anymore. 

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.